[ROM/MOD][The Family]Redemption v1.1-Alpha21r2 - 6/24/12

Search This thread

biglittlegato

Jun 4, 2009
Cali
Sorry, this might not be a lot of help as I'm currently not running this ROM, but there is a notification counter built into Red. The next time I flash it I'll look it up if no one's answered where it is. Just check out the options in System Settings and it's near the bottom of that section.

I really never looked for it. My email app has a neat little widget with a counter and phone and messaging already have a counter on the shortcut in the dock.

Sent using the power of the dark side.

t4duzan

Jan 16, 2011
Big D
As stated use 4ext recovery. It is one of the things I miss from the device. Best recovery I have seen. I know apps that control things like this are nice but they seldom work without issues. Get into the habit of using the extended power menu to boot into recovery and go from there.

:thumbup:

Sent from Arkham

I've been using 4ext the last couple of days and it is definitely more advanced than anything I've used before. I like how you can see your battery %, which is useful in those times when you're wondering if you've got enough juice. Thanks for the suggestions.

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Hey guys! Downloaded v2.0 and have a couple of questions. First, I can't get YouTube to work, any ideas? The ROM I was previously using Ascension 2.0 required a download and install via Recovery to get YouTube working, is something along those lines needed here?

Also, something I've previously used in both Ascension and earlier versions of Redemption was a "counter" that I could activate over Gmail, Messenger, and the Phone that would tell me how many call/emails/text messages were new. Is that not available in v2.0? I cannot find it.

Thanks for the help guys/girls, and keep up the great work, here's to hoping we get a Jelly Bean ROM before to long. :highfive:

I reflashed this ROM and the setting for the counter you're asking for is under Rom Control/General, and is the last option to be checked.

Sep 3, 2009
Sorry, this might not be a lot of help as I'm currently not running this ROM, but there is a notification counter built into Red. The next time I flash it I'll look it up if no one's answered where it is. Just check out the options in System Settings and it's near the bottom of that section.

I have figured out how to get the counts back on my Gmail, Messaging, and Phone apps. It's a feature that's built into the paid version of Apex Launcher. I paid for it a long time ago, but had forgotten that I had to install it again upon flashing, therefore your initial comment did help, so thank-you!

The one part that hasn't helped is getting YouTube to work. I've uninstalled all updates, essentially rolling back a few releases, and even uninstalled the app completely, still won't work. If I try to "report" the problem via the app (when it states it can't load) I get a force close from the Google Play store error. I don't use YouTube that much, so it's not real important to get it up and running, however it would still be nice to have a complete ROM running all of my apps. So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2009
I've been using 4ext the last couple of days and it is definitely more advanced than anything I've used before. I like how you can see your battery %, which is useful in those times when you're wondering if you've got enough juice. Thanks for the suggestions.

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

I reflashed this ROM and the setting for the counter you're asking for is under Rom Control/General, and is the last option to be checked.

As stated above I've figured out what I was doing wrong and have corrected it, although with a different method, but this is a great help for anyone having the same issue. Thanks for the reply!!

biglittlegato

Jun 4, 2009
Cali
I have figured out how to get the counts back on my Gmail, Messaging, and Phone apps. It's a feature that's built into the paid version of Apex Launcher. I paid for it a long time ago, but had forgotten that I had to install it again upon flashing, therefore your initial comment did help, so thank-you!

The one part that hasn't helped is getting YouTube to work. I've uninstalled all updates, essentially rolling back a few releases, and even uninstalled the app completely, still won't work. If I try to "report" the problem via the app (when it states it can't load) I get a force close from the Google Play store error. I don't use YouTube that much, so it's not real important to get it up and running, however it would still be nice to have a complete ROM running all of my apps. So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Can't say why your Inspire is different. The latest version of YouTube will not work on mine but every time I uninstall the updates, it works again. Just watched me some lolcats. :good:

Sent using the power of the dark side.

t4duzan

Jan 16, 2011
Big D
Group messaging is possible in Android

When development gets back on track, I'm wondering if whoever might be helping joedeuce with developing might be able to cook this into The Family ROMs. There is a thread on another site where the conversation is stating that there are CM ROMs that have group messaging built in and it works flawlessly with all users involved, whether it's incoming or outgoing. Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-rooting-roms-hacks/207431-group-text-messaging-jb-achieved.html

I always try to walk on egg shells when posting requests because I don't want to seem like I'm ungratefull for whatever is put into ROMs. It's definitely appreciated with the hard work that you guys spend writing code, compiling, etc., but I figured if there are others who have figured this out (and Google doesn't care to put it into the main code) maybe we could just use the same code and implement it into future ROMs. If you guys group text, you know what a pain it is to do if you don't own an iPhone or use other 3rd party apps (the latter of which doesn't work properly anyway).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thefam.png
    alliancesig.png

The Family / AllianceUSA Proudly Presents:
    Redemption
    For Inspire 4G or Desire HD

*DISCLAIMER*
    You do this knowing all risks involved with flashing a ROM.
    Neither I nor any member of The Family is responsible for any permanent damage.
    This is considered an Alpha release so please treat it like an Alpha and expect bugs and some things not to work properly.

redemptionshowcase.png

*Read This Entire Post Completely Then Read it Again*

[/CENTER]

NOT WORKING:
    -Full video playback may still have glitches but much improved
    -Stock Camera will not record video - use included Abso Cam or other aftermarket camera app and don't ask for fixes
    -Text will occasionally become garbled restart the app, launcher, or phone to correct
    -Phone will very occasionally reboot
    -Other minor bugs

*WARNING*

-Do not ask for support or complain that something doesn't work because YOU flash someone else's kernel.
    -Do not ask for support or complain that something doesn't work because YOU restore apps and/or data and/or system settings from Titanium Backup or Mybackup etc.
    -Do Not ask for ETA on the next release
    -Do Not ask for help if you didn't full wipe before coming from a different rom!
    -Do Not Flame other users in my thread! Read the Rules
    -Please do not post bug reports unless you are specifically asked by a member of our team to test something and report back. We know some things aren't fully functioning.
    -Do not ask for features unless I post a question asking what features people would like. (which will be seldom)
    -Enjoy the rom and remember it is ALPHA Quality and sure to contain bugs

All credits goes to LorDClockan, dh.harald, twistedumbrella, existz, CM crew, Evervolv, synergye, AOKP team, flappjaxxx, and all others that have contributed to this extension of our community!​

What is it you ask?
    -A Serious Work in Progress!
    -This is compiled from from source from the latest Ice Cold Sandwich by LorDClockan
    -Tools app with OTA features
    -ROM Control for even more tweaks
    -Custom Camera Launcher that launches Angel Camera for stills and VideoCam Illusion for Videos
    (You need a player like Rock Player Lite or MXPlayer to Play the Videos)
    -OTA updates.
    -Andrev OC built in with CPU Tweak for custom Sleep/Wake Profiles
    -Custom Preset CPU OC profiles and preset UV settings
    -Latest Gapps for ICS and libs
    -WiFix Manager for those having trouble with WiFi
    -ES File Manager
    -Titanium Backup
    -QuickPic
    -Ram Manager free- Lock launcher in memory for smoother performance
    -Palringo chat app - team chat room is: theandroidcollective (black theme by Trevino07)
    -Tons of Features in Collective Tools in the Settings Menu
    -Ability to download and install Nova Launcher and Trebouchet Launcher along side the default launcher.
    -Again Please keep in mind that this is an Alpha Release. It is very stable for every day use but will contain bugs

Download Redemption
    Changelogs can be found in Goo Manager!

Redemption Q&A

How To:
    1. Back Up your Stuff.
    2. Wipe Data/ Factory Reset
    3. Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    4. Flash .zip in recovery
    5. Allow full first boot, reboot
    6. Sign in to Market to add account.
    7. Open Redemption Tools from Settings Menu and make it your own.
    8. Rate the thread and hit some "Thanks" buttons!

Custom OC Profiles & Undervolt Settings:
    Sloth - Sleep = conservative 122/122 + Wake = ondemand 122/921
    flappjaxxx - Sleep = conservative 122/122 + Wake = ondemand 122/1152
    rasroy - Sleep = conservative 122/384 + Wake = ondemandX 122/1382
    Nun - Sleep = conservative 230/384 + Wake = ondemand 230/1228
    Lone Star - Sleep = conservative 122/122 + Wake = ondemandX 230/1305

In the CPU Tab hit your Menu button and you will see CPU Tweak.
    CPU Tweak is exactly that, it will allow you to fully customize your Sleep and Wake Governors and Clock Speeds.
    *Warning* Do be careful with this as using incorrect settings may have ill effects.
    Do not use these setting unless you know what you are doing.

Undervolting:
    Lite Undervolt = -25mV
    Standard Undervolt = -50mV
    Aggressive Undervolt = -75mV

IceOverlay by alienmind
    This ROM supports overlay script during flash
    Usage:
    put all your apps, scripts, etc what you want to install during rom flash in: sdcard/overlay/xxx
    xxx is for:
    system/app for applications
    system/etc/init.d for scripts
    etc

Credits and Thanks (in no particular order)
    rasroygbiv
    flappjaxxx
    Zelendel
    LorDClockan
    dh.harald
    twistedumbrella
    existz
    CM crew
    Evervolv
    synergye
    AOKP team
    Nunhugger
    Trevino07
    alienmind
    killersloth
    ashies7
    cwhitney24
    Gio22
    Tx Redneck
    mrhaley30705
    Pick A Name
    studacris
    JoeDV
    Sybregunne - For giving us Andrev OC and Daemon Controller
    AngelDeath - For awesome GPS work
    crypted- For awesome GPS Work
    The Family of course!
    Let me know if I forgot anyone!
    The XDA community as a whole!

Donations to the Cause: socalrocker, kimtyson, Zole2112, and a mystery person that didn't pm me their username,... if I forgot you, please let me know!

Extra thanks to Pick_A_Name for furnishing a build machine!!!
    http://64.251.22.101/icanhaznewred/

Nothing new yet. Gonna try to get them all copied back to goo soon.

Thanks Roy and Chris for letting folks know.

There is little to no development on ics. Cm7 is still adding things here and there, but nothing major. Aokp has completely abandoned ics it would appear. If any advancements come that would benefit red, then they will be included. If nothing comes along, then you'll have to keep using the version you have. :) if you can't live without flashing something new, then you may have an addiction and need to seek counseling. :p

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Hey Everyone JoeDV has asked me to post this in all of The Collective Threads

While things settle down and we take a short breather, i wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all their kind words. I would love to thank all of you individually, but that could take days. This is easily the toughest moment of my life, but reading your messages certainly helps to let me stop for a moment and realize how many lives my sweet baby girl had touched.

Tomorrow we begin the viewings, with the funeral occurring on Monday. I'm not quite sure how I'll get through it, but know i have to.
    I thank you all once again from my entire family, and on behalf of Emily who i know would have the biggest smile if she saw all the post there were for her.
    Much love and respect to the DV family.
    Hi just a couple questions:

1 Does the camera work without glitches?
    2 How soon do you expect the next release to come out?
    3 Will you help me troubleshoot if I don't do a full wipe?
    4 Will it cause problems if I restore system data?
    5 Do you like bacon?

ps. j/k

1 Not always
    2 NEVAR
    3 Absotivelyposolutey NOT!
    4 It's ALWYAS possible
    5 Does a bear defecate in the woods?

Oh yeah? It is now hu. THANK YOU FOR PLACING THAT GIANT SCREENSHOT there after i asked about it. Im sure i took the blow for someone else who might have asked for it.

Oh yeah and by the way, if your gonna flame me with a giant screenshot of the md5... USE THE RIGHT ONE FOR THE BUILD! lol

Be gone...

Sorry....... I will keep my remarks to myself.

As you should

+1

I got your 10 char right here

Rocking Abso bacon...ics style

+eleventybillion!

YESSSSS!!!!!
    Oh yeah? It is now hu. THANK YOU FOR PLACING THAT GIANT SCREENSHOT there after i asked about it. Im sure i took the blow for someone else who might have asked for it.

Oh yeah and by the way, if your gonna flame me with a giant screenshot of the md5... USE THE RIGHT ONE FOR THE BUILD! lol

I will just say it...

Please go flash another ROM.