[ROM][Unofficial][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Droid Incredible [6/04/12]

Search This thread

gmaellex01

Jul 26, 2010
Where'd you get the ics-hwaccel-2+ kernel from?

I'm not really sure.. someone had a link to it in their signature, haha. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a central authority as to which roms/kernels/etc are recommended and work well together, so I tend to just pop in and adopt a setup that I see in a prominent CM user's siggy.

Anyways, this Rom has been basically fine, with a random reboot or freeze up every 3 days or so, and the gps issue... But other than that it's actually pretty great. Even battery life is good as long as I leave hotspot turned off. This is actually the first Rom I've used, however, in which wifi tether works flawlessly.

I figure I'll run this for a while longer then switch to the latest Linaro build in a little while. I don't like flashing roms too often so I might as well give it a little time.

I checked out the new mascot, btw, and it looks really creepy. Nice!

pbaden

May 18, 2007
Check the beginning of the thread. There's a link to it there.

I'm not really sure.. someone had a link to it in their signature, haha. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a central authority as to which roms/kernels/etc are recommended and work well together, so I tend to just pop in and adopt a setup that I see in a prominent CM user's siggy.

Anyways, this Rom has been basically fine, with a random reboot or freeze up every 3 days or so, and the gps issue... But other than that it's actually pretty great. Even battery life is good as long as I leave hotspot turned off. This is actually the first Rom I've used, however, in which wifi tether works flawlessly.

I figure I'll run this for a while longer then switch to the latest Linaro build in a little while. I don't like flashing roms too often so I might as well give it a little time.

tygib

Sep 20, 2011
Check the beginning of the thread. There's a link to it there.

Ah, you're right, just saw it......must have skipped over it before. Thank you kind sir. :D

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Hm, that's weird about the random reboot/freeze and GPS. I haven't had any issues at all with mine so far using tiny's latest kernel 7/7/2012 for ICS and smartassv2. Makes me wonder if I want to try the kernel you're running. :eek:

pbaden

May 18, 2007
I've been running the Linaro build for about 3 days now. With mamarley kernel. No GPS problems. A few freezes and a couple lock ups but I push it pretty hard with apps. I see lag in gmail which is the only significant problem I struggle with. It is useable. I also await the Netflix fix, but huluplus working fine.

This is stable enough to become my daily. I can't believe we have a working ICS Rom for the Incredible. Great job!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ludeawakening

Dec 7, 2010
Gadsden, Alabama
forum.highonandroid.com
I've been running the Linaro build for about 3 days now. With mamarley kernel. No GPS problems. A few freezes and a couple lock ups but I push it pretty hard with apps. I see lag in gmail which is the only significant problem I struggle with. It is useable. I also await the Netflix fix, but huluplus working fine.

This is stable enough to become my daily. I can't believe we have a working ICS Rom for the Incredible. Great job!

TouchWiz is also a very good, smooth, and stable CM9 based ICS ROM. I've had not a single problem with it and been running it for about 3 weeks. I couldn't possibly give negative feedback to a single dev at all for any tiny bugs. These guys have done what this phone was never supposed to. :)

sent from... I'm not really sure. My Dinc has been Abducted!

Reactions: pbaden

pbaden

May 18, 2007
Thanks, I'll take a look at touchwiz. Couldn't agree more regarding the magic our developers have pulled off with DINC 1.0... case in point, I flashed the jelly bean rom this morning and I'm blown away. No camera or video but everything else is working and Google Now is awesome. It's also fast and stable... so far. Wow.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

pbaden

May 18, 2007
In fact, I just flashed back to this. (Can't use an alpha as a daily :).

STAT1

Jun 7, 2010
To everyone using A2DP music streaming with this ROM,

Are you having trouble streaming after disconnecting from a BT source? My first BT connection is always good and streaming works, but once I disconnect I cannot stream to that source or any other without rebooting my device. I also get random notifications that BT share has stopped. I just got a new car and would really appreciate consistent streaming capabilities without having to restart. Any advice is appreciated.

More specifically, I'm still able to connect to bluetooth devices, the problem is just the music streaming doesn't work... album information displays, also I'm able to use my phone for calls, the only thing that doesn't work is streaming.

Thanks guys,

Stat

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom is built from CM9 source with device and Hardware trees based on Evervolv's. There are NO other customizations to this rom, just pure AOSP and CM9.

NOTICE:
    ** This CyanogenMod build is highly experimental and unsupported. Many things may be broken. I offer no guarantees as to this working at all on your phone.

What Works
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • Bluetooth, GPS, Wifi
    • LED notification, Rotation, etc.
    • Panorama
    • Barcode scanning
    What Doesn't
    • Camcorder

Instructions
    1. Download the rom and Gapps from below
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Make a backup! Don't blame me if you install this and can't go back.
    4. Wipe data/Factory Reset
    5. Under Mounts/Storage, wipe System
    6. Install the rom
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot
    9. Enjoy

Downloads
    Dev-Host - Build a9
    Mediafire mirror - Build a9
    Gapps
    MD5 for Build a9: 9c0777a3c5462b7de1d16da2664b5e5b

Older releases
    All

NOTICE - HWA is included with the latest KGSL drivers, so the only kernels that work are the stock kernel and others built specifically for the drivers. This includes the latest Incredikernel HWA Beta and mamarley's Beta kernel
    Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 can be found here.
    mamarley's kernel can be found here

What's New
    • New KGSL drivers for smoother HWA
    • Many behind-the-scenes updates for a much smoother experience

Unofficial Changelog
    CM-Nightlies Kang

Credits
    • The CM team for CyanogenMod
    • Evervolv for the device tree, and getting ICS to where it is on the Incredible
    • The Tiamat team for the kernel source and HWA

My Github can be found here.
    I hope you aren't tired of flashing, because I have one more coming your way, and this one is big. The Evervolv team just pushed through some major fixes to the camera HALs just this morning that should enable barcode scanners and panorama mode. Additionally, rywri has just posted a new camera apk with some code that fixes the camera fc when using panorama. Check his thread out here.

What this means for YOU is that I'm (probably) going to put out yet another build today with working barcode scanner and panorama. :D

I've started to experiencing a weird issue with Superuser after upgrading to a7. When prompted, Superuser doesn't remember anything that I've allowed. I had to allow several prompts just to load Titanium Backup. This issues isn't limited to Titanium, but to any app that requires root access. Right now I have Superuser set to automatically allow anything, and I'm not fond of leaving it on that setting. I've tried clearing the cache. They only thing I haven't done is delete Superuser using Titanium (since it's a system app) and then reinstalling it through the market.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

That's odd, it's working for me. I do know that CM made some changes to su recently to try to fix some bugs...
    New build is up! Get it while it's hot!
    Like the preview release, only kernels built for the new drivers work. This limits you to Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 and mamarley's beta kernel, along with the stock kernel, of course.

Get it here!
    New Build

New build is out! Get it here.

Changes:
    • CM9 updates
    • Evervolv updates
    • General cleanup

I'm done with finals now, so my dev work should be speeding up. The main thing to work on right now is actually the kernel, so we don't have to rely on outside kernels. Then comes getting the needed changes to the qcom libs into CM. Busy busy!
    New build is up! Various updates from upstream. On my end, I simplified the repo download process, so I'll write a new tutorial on building soon.

Get the new build here.