[App][2.2+]Vire Launcher

Search This thread

navdeepsangwan

Apr 9, 2012
Hi friends...

A amazing launcher launched on play store...

pls note that i m not the developer of vire launcher

For more information, visit http://www.virelabs.com
Feel free to contact in case of launcher problem or feedback: support@virelabs.com
---
http://www.facebook.com/virelabs
http://www.twitter.com/virelabs
https://plus.google.com/u/0/118076862226286766462/posts

Description
Vire Launcher quickly improves your smartphone experiences.

***** Most beautiful launcher in the store!
***** Awesome !! :D
***** Great launcher
***** We have a newcomer!
Try it now for free! This fast, fluid and power friendly custom home screen makes low-end Android phones feel like high-end and adds realistic 3D effects into all devices. Vire Launcher previews some cool features, such as real-time lighting, 3D transitions and automatic theming of all UI elements, including widgets and icons.
Vire Launcher supports features such as dynamic grid, widget resize, screen manager and folder support – even with older Android versions. You can test out the multi-functional Vire Clock by swiping it down from the clock area and adding application shortcuts and widgets to the revealed panel area.
This is a beginning of how our technology changes the barriers of icon-based thinking. We can combine any 3D object and UI element together and freely place them using innovations such as Vire physics/FX/layout engines, software MRT and Virtual Window Manager. Our UI engine is designed from ground up for multi-core support and load-balancing. As it includes tomorrows atomic object architecture and design, it is fully packed to be future-proof.
Stay tuned for eye-opening launchers!
New features in following releases:
- High-performance widget mode
- Landscape and tablet support
- And much more...

DOWNLOAD VIRE LAUNCHER FROM PLAYSTORE LINK
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vire.launcher

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 12,614
Last edited:

tuilalnvinh

Apr 24, 2011
Ho Chi Minh City
Re: [App][2.2+]Vire Launcher Beta[14feb]

Nice 3d effects, a good preview version. Waiting the final with more functions:thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Launcher is Good But One Problem

I Like this Launcher :D ...its Good with 3D & Transparency effect but one problem is it uses around 55mb to 60mb ram :silly: ... so for who using 512mb or less ram phone this launcher is not affordable for them... so plz fix this huge ram usage problem and plz also add the App Drawer Own Order app sorting option :good:

tcc1

Oct 6, 2009
anyone have the apk for this launcher? something is wrong with my androidmarket

winograd

Dec 8, 2009
I Like this Launcher :D ...its Good with 3D & Transparency effect but one problem is it uses around 55mb to 60mb ram :silly: ... so for who using 512mb or less ram phone this launcher is not affordable for them... so plz fix this huge ram usage problem and plz also add the App Drawer Own Order app sorting option :good:

Hi all, I'm the CTO of Vire Labs Ltd.

First, thanks to all of you for all the good feedback, it's very valuable to us! Keep them coming.

We are actively working on reducing the memory consumption of the launcher, and will keep updating the beta launcher at Google Play. That being said, 55 to 60mb seems a bit high and we usually see less than that. It would help if you could give more details about your phone, such as how many applications you have installed, and the resolution of the display. Bot these factor into how much texture memory we are going to need at peak memory usage.

The "own order" feature is a good suggestion and we'll put it to our work queue! While the application window of Vire Launcher doesn't yet allow user to freely order the applications, one can stow away icons in the panel area of the included Vire Clock. Just swipe down from the metal clock and it reveals a panel area you can place your icons and widgets to. The application window currently support sorting alphabetically (A-Z, Z-A), as well as having four categories for apps (All, User installed, Most frequently used, and Recently used).

/Jani Huhtanen

Last edited:

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
AW: [App][2.2+]Vire Launcher Beta[14feb]

Really nice Launcher, the idea with the clock is great. I'm looking forward to this Project :thumbup:

Sent from my XT910

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA

First, thanks to all of you for all the good feedback, it's very valuable to us! Keep them coming.

We are actively working on reducing the memory consumption of the launcher, and will keep updating the beta launcher at Google Play. That being said, 55 to 60mb seems a bit high and we usually see less than that. It would help if you could give more details about your phone, such as how many applications you have installed, and the resolution of the display. Bot these factor into how much texture memory we are going to need at peak memory usage.

The "own order" feature is a good suggestion and we'll put it to our work queue! While the application window of Vire Launcher doesn't yet allow user to freely order the applications, one can stow away icons in the panel area of the included Vire Clock. Just swipe down from the metal clock and it reveals a panel area you can place your icons and widgets to. The application window currently support sorting alphabetically (A-Z, Z-A), as well as having four categories for apps (All, User installed, Most frequently used, and Recently used).

/Jani Huhtanen

Hi Jani,

Thank you for sharing this with the community. I have to say that I am quite impressed by this launcher. Overall fluidity and speed are very nice indeed. I can confirm the high RAM consumption of the launcher (I just checked on both my Xperia T and my EVO 3D, and they both clocked about 66 MB being used). While I do know that this is a beta version, I did spot a few things:

* Transition animations of Fade and Cube (both in and out) are almost identical. You guys should consider either taking a set out.

* Under Settings > UI Settings under both entries for theme and style, it reads "switch theme" and "switch style" respectively. It would be more useful to say what you currently have active and simply relabel the main line as "Change Launcher Themes" and "Change Home Transition Style".

* Ability to create folders is gone. Now, I personally don't use this but it is always nice to have such an option.

* There is a small lag/delay when opening apps (maybe a quarter of a second or so). I am trying this in my Xperia T and the stock launcher has 0 lag. This is not that big of an issue but it is a bit noticeable.

I read your site back and forth as well as the market page. You mentioned Stereoscopic 3D. Does this mean that it will utilize the autostereoscopic screen of the EVO 3D and the Optimus 3D?

Also, unless I missed it somehow, the only multitouch support enabled is within the Cube Free transition, which allows you to manipulate the cube...

I also see that a bunch of features and widgets are still "in the works", so I guess I will have to wait a tad for those :)

Great job and keep an eye on the Portal ;)

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

PenguinxEnjoi

Dec 22, 2012
Carbondale

@OP
What new applets do you have planned for the launcher?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

winograd

Dec 8, 2009
* Transition animations of Fade and Cube (both in and out) are almost identical. You guys should consider either taking a set out.

* Under Settings > UI Settings under both entries for theme and style, it reads "switch theme" and "switch style" respectively. It would be more useful to say what you currently have active and simply relabel the main line as "Change Launcher Themes" and "Change Home Transition Style".

* Ability to create folders is gone. Now, I personally don't use this but it is always nice to have such an option.

* There is a small lag/delay when opening apps (maybe a quarter of a second or so). I am trying this in my Xperia T and the stock launcher has 0 lag. This is not that big of an issue but it is a bit noticeable.

Thanks for the good feedback!

Having folder support is certainly something we will be adding, as well as the ability to resize widgets.

By lag when opening apps, do you refer to opening the application window, or launching an application? We're aware of lag when the application window is first opened, and we have a fix for this in the pipeline. If you refer to launching an application, there's a small delay applied due to animations involved when starting an app. We might add an option to disable the animations or the delay, though.

I read your site back and forth as well as the market page. You mentioned Stereoscopic 3D. Does this mean that it will utilize the autostereoscopic screen of the EVO 3D and the Optimus 3D?

It means the engine behind the launcher can be used to render stereoscopic content, but currently we have not utilized it in the launcher itself.

cerius

Aug 14, 2006

Love it! Needs swipe up and down controlls for shortcuts and I'll use it everyday :)

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012

Nice launcher but I think battery life will be drastically reduced. The accelerometer is in constant use for that nice clock effect. That will drain a lot of battery.

scottjb

Sep 11, 2010
Greensboro, NC

Tried it for a short time and noticed two things immediately. The stock launcher and the one I use (Nova) usually take about 30 - 40 Mb of RAM on my device. This launcher used more than 50 Mb. It also felt like everything was just a little bit slower, device felt like if was lagging in general. This was on a Motorola Razr M. I do like the outline icons.

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
This launcher is working great on my GS3 and looks amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing what gets added in the future. Are there plans for resizing widgets and changing the amount of rows and columns in the screens?

Addicted2xda

Jan 13, 2008
Kolkata, India
Just installed it. Will give you a detailed feed back later on. So far there is no lag observed.
One feature request: Widget Import from other Launchers :)
Device: Saga
ROM: AOKP unofficial Saga builds by djpbx http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2115573

Update:
The Cube transition effects (all 3) seemed a bit sluggish, rest trasition effects are smooth. Okay I know, Desire S is prehistoric when compared to current devices. But still, its not that bad ;).
Everything else working fine, as already requested - would love to see resizing of Widgets. Rebooted a few times, no problem (BTW I have uninstalled the default launcher).

Last edited:

and2nckiko

Feb 4, 2013
and2nckiko's channel

it is really an amazing launcher..but its eating a lot of ram on my gsmini

losta

May 4, 2011
love the looks and ui of this launcher...i know its still in beta, just add a few more features such as swipe up and down gestures, create folder of apps in home screen and docks and perhaps a customize transparent for status bar :fingers-crossed: this will be my daily launcher. you gotta love the crystal transition and the clock applets :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends...

A amazing launcher launched on play store...

pls note that i m not the developer of vire launcher

For more information, visit http://www.virelabs.com
    Feel free to contact in case of launcher problem or feedback: support@virelabs.com
    ---
    http://www.facebook.com/virelabs
    http://www.twitter.com/virelabs
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/118076862226286766462/posts

Description
    Vire Launcher quickly improves your smartphone experiences.

***** Most beautiful launcher in the store!
    ***** Awesome !! :D
    ***** Great launcher
    ***** We have a newcomer!
    Try it now for free! This fast, fluid and power friendly custom home screen makes low-end Android phones feel like high-end and adds realistic 3D effects into all devices. Vire Launcher previews some cool features, such as real-time lighting, 3D transitions and automatic theming of all UI elements, including widgets and icons.
    Vire Launcher supports features such as dynamic grid, widget resize, screen manager and folder support – even with older Android versions. You can test out the multi-functional Vire Clock by swiping it down from the clock area and adding application shortcuts and widgets to the revealed panel area.
    This is a beginning of how our technology changes the barriers of icon-based thinking. We can combine any 3D object and UI element together and freely place them using innovations such as Vire physics/FX/layout engines, software MRT and Virtual Window Manager. Our UI engine is designed from ground up for multi-core support and load-balancing. As it includes tomorrows atomic object architecture and design, it is fully packed to be future-proof.
    Stay tuned for eye-opening launchers!
    New features in following releases:
    - High-performance widget mode
    - Landscape and tablet support
    - And much more...

DOWNLOAD VIRE LAUNCHER FROM PLAYSTORE LINK
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vire.launcher
    anyone have the apk for this launcher? something is wrong with my androidmarket

I've attached the latest Vire Launcher APK v1.5.5.8.2.

/Jani Huhtanen
    Again thanks to all for great feedback! It's really good to hear so many of you enjoying the unique look and feel of the launcher, since this exactly what we are after!

Nice launcher but I think battery life will be drastically reduced. The accelerometer is in constant use for that nice clock effect. That will drain a lot of battery.

While accelerometer usage will certainly increase power consumption, we don't believe it will make the launcher power consumption unacceptable. If you personally feel that the increased power usage isn't acceptable, then you can disable the sensor based reflections by unchecking "Enable reflections". Note that this doesn't disable the lighting effects, only the sensor part of it.

- slow down the animations of the home screen transitions and/or allow the speed of the animations to be specified.
    - the cube animations would be super awesome with the "crystal" effect added
    - gestures (swipe up and down)
    - add ability to manage home screen(s)
    - for themes: i love the outlines but the ability to choose other single color outlines would be super
    - what about the ability to apply the outline effect to the app drawer?

Thanks for the suggestions!

We will certainly enable home screen management in very near future. The final product will have the ability to choose the color for the outline effect, as well as having a plethora of other icon effects. We will likely add options for controlling the animations as well.

What new applets do you have planned for the launcher?

There are certainly more applets at works. For what kind of applets, I'll leave it as an surprise for now (but expect at least more clock styles) :)

--
    Jani Huhtanen
    CTO, Vire Labs Ltd.
    Launcher is Good But One Problem