[Q] Sim card not read. Imei and other stuff set to unkown

Search This thread

cired02

Jul 22, 2012
Hi guys.

I've rooted my phone then updated the room too crash.
After the room settled down, I manually reboot it after then persistent boot loops happened and the imei was also gone(I've tried to go to sretings as quick as possible). I tried re flashing the ROM but no avail.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance guys.

Edit: I'm now on KitKat

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-22-01-41-39.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-22-01-41-39.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 576
  • Screenshot_2014-01-22-01-41-34.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-22-01-41-34.png
    104 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Hi guys.

After the room settled down, I manually reboot it after then persistent boot loops happened and the imei was also gone(I've tried to go to sretings as quick as possible). I tried re flashing the ROM but no avail.

Thanks in advance guys.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2507403
Try this don't know if it works on kitkat but won't hurt
If not flash stock and try again

Reactions: cired02

cired02

Jul 22, 2012
Hi again

Sorry for the confusion. My phone crashed during office hours and can't think elaborate more.

The situation.
1. I came from Omega Rom v6. Decided to manually reboot because battery was draining like hell.
2. The samsung intro (samsung galaxy note 3 sm-9005 screen with the system message on the upper left) didn't show up with the said message.
3. Bootloop comenced.
4. Reflashed Omega hoping things would turn out ok. But no. My sim was not read and my interface buttons are not responding.
EDIT:
5. Then decided to flash new android os. Naming kitkat.
6. Bootloops are gone. And so is my IMEI and every other stuff found in that page.

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Hi again

Sorry for the confusion. My phone crashed during office hours and can't think elaborate more.

The situation.
1. I came from Omega Rom v6. Decided to manually reboot because battery was draining like hell.
2. The samsung intro (samsung galaxy note 3 sm-9005 screen with the system message on the upper left) didn't show up with the said message.
3. Bootloop comenced.
4. Reflashed Omega hoping things would turn out ok. But no. My sim was not read and my interface buttons are not responding.

Try the fix that jaythenut posted and see, I'm not 100% sure it'll fix it. However it may work. -- download it to your PC place on SD card and flash it via your custom recovery

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Hi again

EDIT:
6. Bootloops are gone. And so is my IMEI and every other stuff found in that page.

Ah OK, so flash the EFS fix zip, then install Kitkat via Odin and you should be set.

Reactions: cired02

cired02

Jul 22, 2012
Try the fix that jaythenut posted and see, I'm not 100% sure it'll fix it. However it may work. -- download it to your PC place on SD card and flash it via your custom recovery

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Ah OK, so flash the EFS fix zip, then install Kitkat via Odin and you should be set.

Yep. That did it guys. Thank you for your help. I am eternally grateful :)

OT: Hi mods/admins. Sorry for asking a question in the general section of note 3 forum. Was really panicking earlier at the office I didn't notice the sticky. Thanks for the cooperation :)

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Yep. That did it guys. Thank you for your help. I am eternally grateful :)

OT: Hi mods/admins. Sorry for asking a question in the general section of note 3 forum. Was really panicking earlier at the office I didn't notice the sticky. Thanks for the cooperation :)

Keep that EFS fix script on your SD card for just incase reasons in the future, it'll save you again one day... EFS on the Note is really hit and miss. Glad you got sorted :)

cired02

Jul 22, 2012
Keep that EFS fix script on your SD card for just incase reasons in the future, it'll save you again one day... EFS on the Note is really hit and miss. Glad you got sorted :)

I was about to break down during office hours. Was thinking I am already carrying a $720 brick.

Thanks a lot guys.

Side note: I read this script a few days back even before trying to root my phone. @_@ never occurred to me that this script would save me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys.

Thanks in advance guys.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2507403
    Try this don't know if it works on kitkat but won't hurt
    If not flash stock and try again
    Hi again

The situation.
    3. Bootloop comenced.

Hi again

EDIT: