Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder

Search This thread

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012
Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
The OEM bumper on the right in the black vs black. In the white vs black the OEM is on the left obviously ;). In the pic with all 3 the OEM is on the bottom right.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361402050563.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361402050563.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 252
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361402162917.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361402162917.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 228
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361402181174.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361402181174.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 237
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361402191292.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361402191292.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012
I'm interested in a green one (and possibly a red one). How much would it cost if it's shipped to Canada? Also, do I pay via paypal?

Well I got a problem now. I had a few people that wanted to buy from me and now 2 backed out and I need probably about 8 people or cases to make it worth while. So u can give me a couple days to get a few people together or there is the buychina.com option as posted a few posts back. It'll cost alot less to buy from buychina.com its only $12 shipped through them but its very slow shipping. Let me know u wanna do. I do take PayPal

Aug 5, 2010
Well I got a problem now. I had a few people that wanted to buy from me and now 2 backed out and I need probably about 8 people or cases to make it worth while. So u can give me a couple days to get a few people together or there is the buychina.com option as posted a few posts back. It'll cost alot less to buy from buychina.com its only $12 shipped through them but its very slow shipping. Let me know u wanna do. I do take PayPal

If that's the case, I'll grab it off buychina. Thanks.

dokukinoko

Feb 6, 2013
I thought the ones you got were from qspades (the seller) on the Taobao site. The ones from buychina are the same ones. Buychina is simply a forwarding service, they will buy from the Taobao site and send it to you for a fee. I've had bad experiences with Buychina so I would highly say don't do it, but someone on here has gotten their shipment safe and sound so take everything you hear with a grain of salt.

Did buychina rip you off? Here's his post (scroll a bit down):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38007086&highlight=green+bumper#post38007086

I've personally never ordered anything from them before, but that particular Taobao seller on the buychina site has 100% feedback (albeit 5 ratings only) so for just $12 it might be a risk worth taking (I'd like a red or white one!).

But I'm happy with my official Play Store bought LG bumper and already putting money aside for the X phone so I am probably done buying accessories for the N4.

fatpeopleunite

Nov 17, 2008
San Francisco
Did buychina rip you off? Here's his post (scroll a bit down):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38007086&highlight=green+bumper#post38007086

I've personally never ordered anything from them before, but that particular Taobao seller on the buychina site has 100% feedback (albeit 5 ratings only) so for just $12 it might be a risk worth taking (I'd like a red or white one!).

But I'm happy with my official Play Store bought LG bumper and already putting money aside for the X phone so I am probably done buying accessories for the N4.

Yeah, they stiffed me. It wasn't for the bumper. I ordered a pair of shoes about a year ago with them, and got cheated out of $100. Never got a refund or anything, and my CC didn't do anything cause it was an international order. Something like that, I don't remember the details. I just know I didn't get my shoes and have stayed away from buychina since. If enough people get their orders and have positive experiences, I might take the bite and order a bumper or two. But for now, I think I'm ok.

Reactions: DowntownJeffBrown

innumerabilis

Dec 14, 2011
The ratings on buychina... doesn't really make sense to me. You are not dealing with the seller, but with a middleman so ratings about quality may be legitimate, but complains about shipping speed/service attitude/goods didn't arrive... you are really complaining about buychina.com as a whole, not each individual sellers who don't even know they are listed on the site. It is like writing to Barnes and Noble to complain that the service attitude of the salesman sucks when you bought your Nook ereader at Staplers - what's the point?

Furthermore, you are going through two layers of postage, and both layers are at the slowest options possible (short of going by sea) to save cost.

Anyway I bought a green, white and yellow bumper from Taobao together with a wireless charger and fancy diary case. Would be interesting to see them up close.

Last edited:

snapper.fishes

Aug 7, 2010
Hong Kong
The ratings on buychina... doesn't really make sense to me. You are not dealing with the seller, but with a middleman so ratings about quality may be legitimate, but complains about shipping speed/service attitude/goods didn't arrive... you are really complaining about buychina.com as a whole, not each individual sellers who don't even know they are listed on the site. It is like writing to Barnes and Noble to complain that the service attitude of the salesman sucks when you bought it at Staplers - what's the point?

Furthermore, you are going through two layers of postage, and both layers are at the slowest options possible (short of going by sea) to save cost.

Anyway I bought a green, white and yellow bumper from Taobao together with a wireless charger and fancy diary case. Would be interesting to see them up close.

Are they the poetic bumpers? Also, which wireless charger did you order? I am on the market for an alternative charger.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

innumerabilis

Dec 14, 2011
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.1.1000638.14.P6nb97&id=16746026157

1 white, yellow and green bumper. From the same seller as my previous replicas.
@snapper.fishes, not going to buy poetic bumpers. An acquaintance had it replaced three times but they keep peeling off.

T2NjYlXo0XXXXXXXXX_!!64392097.jpg

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.1.1000638.38.P6nb97&id=18390999104

I bought the denim blue + neon green colour combination. The rose pink + yellow looks really nice, but perhaps not too suitable for a guy. :)

T2GivdXcRaXXXXXXXX_!!387471739.jpg

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.1.1000638.4.P6nb97&id=18696847579

This is the wireless charger I bought.

They have 3 models, I bought the first one.

T2E3lJXmpcXXXXXXXX_!!26936132.jpg

The 3rd model is very interesting though:

T2Wcq8Xb4bXXXXXXXX_!!26936132.jpg

T29arjXjJaXXXXXXXX_!!26936132.jpg

Sure looks unique.

Since I'm posting my laundry list of recent purchase, what the heck. I also bought an ultra big foldable umbrella together with N4 accessories:

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp...&id=14574137772&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=&pm_id=#5

T2CVjeXc4XXXXXXXXX_!!690052695.jpg

Sick of getting soaked by heavy wind + strong wind combination.

Last edited:

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012
At today's exchange rate, USD24.04. The devil is in the shipping though.

I know I hate shipping I'm guessing its a lot for shipping right?

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

How about this company fast tech do u know anything about them this one ships from China
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1142301

dokukinoko

Feb 6, 2013
The ratings on buychina... doesn't really make sense to me. You are not dealing with the seller, but with a middleman so ratings about quality may be legitimate, but complains about shipping speed/service attitude/goods didn't arrive... you are really complaining about buychina.com as a whole, not each individual sellers who don't even know they are listed on the site. It is like writing to Barnes and Noble to complain that the service attitude of the salesman sucks when you bought it at Staplers - what's the point?

This brings up a good point (though I respectfully disagree with your post). It looks like the feedback score posted on buychina is not up to date.. Buychina only lists 5 ratings (100%) for the taobao seller:
http://www.buychina.com/items/lg-e9...er-google-nexus-fourth-son-prince-ssoqunrqnlo

But in actuality, the seller has several hundred ratings on taobao. Here is the original taobao seller's link for those bumpers:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.105.vjbuDB&id=22451776961

We can see the seller ( 小甜豆的幸福生活 ) has 95% positive feedback and has sold quite a few of these bumpers recently (generally positive feedback from skimming the feedback comments). So, the feedback score listed on buychina for that taobao seller -- while intent was good -- should probably not be relied on for this reason unless it is just showing you the number of times buychina used that seller (which I doubt looking at other items on the site, it just looks like they haven't mirrored the taobao feedback in a while). You should instead rely on taobao feedback page to gauge the seller him/herself. At least buychina does link to the seller's taobao listing on their listing page, so you can easily get this info yourself.

Here's that seller's feedback page on taobao if anyone needs it:
http://rate.taobao.com/user-rate-00055171c5a08bb3b8e2ce8579b73554.htm?spm=2013.1.1000126.5.ehykQX

Last edited:

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012
This brings up a good point (though I respectfully disagree with your post). It looks like the feedback score posted on buychina is not up to date.. Buychina only lists 5 ratings (100%) for the taobao seller:
http://www.buychina.com/items/lg-e9...er-google-nexus-fourth-son-prince-ssoqunrqnlo

But in actuality, the seller has several hundred ratings on taobao. Here is the original taobao seller's link for those bumpers:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.105.vjbuDB&id=22451776961

We can see the seller ( 小甜豆的幸福生活 ) has 95% positive feedback and has sold quite a few of these bumpers recently (generally positive feedback from skimming the feedback comments). So, the feedback score listed on buychina for that taobao seller -- while intent was good -- should probably not be relied on for this reason unless it is just showing you the number of times buychina used that seller (which I doubt looking at other items on the site, it just looks like they haven't mirrored the taobao feedback in a while). You should instead rely on taobao feedback page to gauge the seller him/herself. At least buychina does link to the seller's taobao listing on their listing page, so you can easily get this info yourself.

Here's that seller's feedback page on taobao if anyone needs it:
http://rate.taobao.com/user-rate-00055171c5a08bb3b8e2ce8579b73554.htm?spm=2013.1.1000126.5.ehykQX

Its not the taobao seller I think most are worried about. Its the buychina.com agent that people are worried about.

dokukinoko

Feb 6, 2013
Its not the taobao seller I think most are worried about. Its the buychina.com agent that people are worried about.

Yeah, that's definitely true, and THAT is what I would be worried about too from buying from them as I said before. But I was just responding to the post about the feedback score on buychina not making sense. buychina is NOT implying the feedback rating on their page is for them/their service, but just for the taobao seller and it is good intent. Think about it: if buychina gets ripped off by the taobao seller, then YOU are the one who is going to be left ripped off, not them.

Of course, for reviews on buychina, you'd normally search on Google or just use a third party store-rating site like resellerratings, but they haven't gotten any feedback yet there...
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Buychina/sort/date

Reactions: DowntownJeffBrown

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    as promised, here are some comparison photos of the real deal and the qspades over seas replicas. these may be the same replicas floating all over town, but results may vary.

from the side they look almost identical. only thing i was able to tell from looking myself, was that the original bumper had buttons that seemed better mounted, the copy had the buttons sunk inside until it was put on a phone
    IMG_20130204_220022_zps618bd885.jpg

IMG_20130204_220017_zps8852a5af.jpg

from the top, you can see that the copy has a more "square" microphone hole while the original has a more "rounded" edge mic hole. original on bottom
    IMG_20130204_220038_zpsc0ff177a.jpg

on the inside, the buttons on the original are pure black while the copy has painted silver on it
    IMG_20130204_220144_zpsde58de15.jpg

the bottom was the most noticable. the original is way more refined and perfected.
    IMG_20130204_220001_zps88417bce.jpg

all in all, the replicas are great cases if you get them at a good price. i paid 20 shipped for mine which isn't bad but if you can get it for less it's worth it imo.
    White LG replica Bumper

More pics of my shenit bumper:
    (before I get called a noob, I will remove the rear plastic cover as soon as my dbrand skin arrives!)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
    Hi guys,

Thanks to your support, I have now sold all the Nexus 4 Replica bumpers that I ordered and have none left.

I hope that the shipping goes smoothly for everyone, and you receive them soon. :)