[Q] camera - ticking/ static sound?

Search This thread

remyb25

Jul 27, 2012
Surrey
Hi there.

I bought an htc one m8 today and absolutely love it but I am trying to find out if my phone is defective.:confused:

When I go into the camera app and click that square with 4 circles at the bottom (the button that you have to press that takes you to the options page which asks if you want to take a Selfie, Camera, dual capture, video, pan360 and zoe camera), it will make a static/ticking sound. It will again make this same ticking sound when I click the back button to get out of that camera menu. I'm trying to figure out if that's just a sound effect or if it is not supposed to make that sound? Sounds kind of strange to be a sound effect lol. Can you guys check your htc one m8s and tell me if your phone also makes a tick/static type of sound when you click it and then click the back button? Thanks:fingers-crossed:

I attached a photo of the square with the 4 circles just in case.
Much appreciated:laugh:

Attachments

• 1535002_10152309591013605_7545187803198778119_n.jpg
    1535002_10152309591013605_7545187803198778119_n.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 164

Onem8

Apr 5, 2014
Hi there.

I bought an htc one m8 today and absolutely love it but I am trying to find out if my phone is defective.:confused:

When I go into the camera app and click that square with 4 circles at the bottom (the button that you have to press that takes you to the options page which asks if you want to take a Selfie, Camera, dual capture, video, pan360 and zoe camera), it will make a static/ticking sound. It will again make this same ticking sound when I click the back button to get out of that camera menu. I'm trying to figure out if that's just a sound effect or if it is not supposed to make that sound? Sounds kind of strange to be a sound effect lol. Can you guys check your htc one m8s and tell me if your phone also makes a tick/static type of sound when you click it and then click the back button? Thanks:fingers-crossed:

It's normal.. disable touch-sound if you don't want it ;)

remyb25

Jul 27, 2012
Surrey
Hey, thanks for the reply! Can you instruct me on how to disable touch-sounds? :confused: I can't seem to find that option in the camera settings app :fingers-crossed::silly:

Hi I just realized that my touch sounds option was never checked so it was never on but I am still getting a crackling sound? Just checked my friend's phone and his does not do this so I will definitely swap this one out for a different htc one m8 tomorrow.

Thanks though :D

vegetaleb

I tried an M8 today and found that it has ticking sound on booting and when playing music,looked like a hardware issue (voltage or something) so I returned before paying a $
The seller tried a factory reset but the issue was still here.
Weird to see these kind of issue on a 770$ flagship phone nowadays.

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Hi there.

Listen, my device does not make any static sound. Turn your sound/music volume all the way down & see if it still does it. There is a known defect that starts with static sounds & clicking that can end with a broken camera lens. If you don't hear it with the sound turned completely off, then it is just the sound effects of low volume. If YOU DO HEAR IT with the volume completely off, then you are possibly in possession of one of the faulty devices that have an issue that can cause a cracked camera lens.

http://www.reddit.com/r/htcone/comments/22z4dk/m8_rear_camera_glass_cracked_already/

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

I tried an M8 today and found that it has ticking sound on booting and when playing music,looked like a hardware issue (voltage or something) so I returned before paying a $
The seller tried a factory reset but the issue was still here.
Weird to see these kind of issue on a 770$ flagship phone nowadays.

Not so weird. You find issues on $5,000 to $20,000 4K LED panels too. Anything that is mass manufactured is going to have some problem devices that either slip through QA/QC, or fail shortly after passing thru QC. You'll also find defects occasionally on $300,000 vehicles, $10,000,000 planes & $100,000,000 structures. It happens.