[Q] S5 shows error in recovery when wipe cache partition

Search This thread

asjdwf

Jul 28, 2011
Just as the heading says when I try to wipe cache partition in the menu after doing the hold the volume button up + home + power I get an error message. Is this normal? I used to do this with my S3 and never got an error message. This is a semi-new phone to me.

Thank you in advance,

AJ

maidmarian4

May 25, 2011
Same problem

Is there anyone that could answer this question? I have exactly the same problem. I wipe the cache in recovery mode and below the Android dude it says "error." Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance! ;)

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
Just as the heading says when I try to wipe cache partition in the menu after doing the hold the volume button up + home + power I get an error message. Is this normal? I used to do this with my S3 and never got an error message. This is a semi-new phone to me.

Thank you in advance,

AJ
Why are you wiping cache in the stock recovery? ??

"And on that bombshell it's time to end the show!"
Sent from my VisionX powered G900A Rockin Blue XKRome

Reactions: gregsarg

asjdwf

Jul 28, 2011
Why not? There are numerous places on the Web that recommend doing this. Also, why resurrect my post since it's so old? Are you being a jerk on purpose or ais that just who you are?

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
He may have been under the impression you were using safestrap recovery on your device..
In which case....using the stock recovery could cause issues and/or error messages....

And so you know...anytime you enter stock recovery on this locked bootloader device...the warning triangle appears...but the wipe can still be performed...

If the stock recovery won't allow the wipe....then a closer look may be needed....(did you purchase the device new or used)...and if used then it may have been altered prior...

S5 is no jerk....rather...he's one of the most helpful users we have in this section...

So I'm sure he was attempting to help given the lack of responses in the thread...

I'd tell him "thank you".....for taking the time....and then place a "solved" in your thread title if the issue has been resolved ....g

Last edited:
Reactions: s8freak

asjdwf

Jul 28, 2011
You know what I thought about that after I posted my snarky comment. . I apologize..... Not the best. Week.

AJ

Reactions: gregsarg

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
He may have been under the impression you were using safestrap recovery on your device..
In which case....using the stock recovery could cause issues and/or error messages....

And so you know...anytime you enter stock recovery on this locked bootloader device...the warning triangle appears...but the wipe can still be performed...

If the stock recovery won't allow the wipe....then a closer look may be needed....(did you purchase the device new or used)...and if used then it may have been altered prior...

S5 is no jerk....rather...he's one of the most helpful users we have in this section...

So I'm sure he was attempting to help given the lack of responses in the thread...

I'd tell him "thank you".....for taking the time....and then place a "solved" in your thread title if the issue has been resolved ....g
@gregsarg thank you sir I appreciate your kind words

"And on that bombshell it's time to end the show!" Sent from my VisionX powered G900A Rockin XKRomeBlue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you in advance,

AJ
    Why are you wiping cache in the stock recovery? ??

"And on that bombshell it's time to end the show!"
    Sent from my VisionX powered G900A Rockin Blue XKRome

You know what I thought about that after I posted my snarky comment. . I apologize..... Not the best. Week.

AJ