Preventing app writing to xml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

HsHTCsen

Apr 26, 2012
Townsville
HTC U11
Hi, I have an app that allows downloads however, after 2 downloads, I'm required to click on an ad for a few seconds to allow more downloads. I've managed to stop the ads but want to get rid of the ad click action. I've traced it to a small xml file that simply increase a value="2". Can I simply stop the app writing to this file and will that work? I've tried changing owner and permissions but the app just changes them back on run. Thanks

deanwray

Apr 2, 2006
www.deanwray.co.uk
Hi, I have an app that allows downloads however, after 2 downloads, I'm required to click on an ad for a few seconds to allow more downloads. I've managed to stop the ads but want to get rid of the ad click action. I've traced it to a small xml file that simply increase a value="2". Can I simply stop the app writing to this file and will that work? I've tried changing owner and permissions but the app just changes them back on run. Thanks

OK this is TOTALLY wrong on 2 counts

1. You the user should not attempt to break monetization of a developers app, thats piracy/stealing and not nice at all. Also not the right community to ask in.

2. Report the app and the developer as any influence towards forced clicks on ads is against all ad policies and google play agreements

Hope that helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.