Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL (U9510E) - Update to Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Search This thread

verntechguy

Jan 15, 2013
Calamba City

twins.7

Nov 4, 2010
miui 11.29 out last friday. I feel it lighter than before. and it support international weather.
miuiandroid said, it not real international support since you must use en_US as locale.

just reminder for quick port from honor 2:
- replace boot.img
- replace reserved1.img
- replace any text in build.prop from U9508 to U9510E

bug for using quick port: radio suddenly death "No Service" and need to reboot.

Reactions: verntechguy

verntechguy

Jan 15, 2013
Calamba City
miui 11.29 out last friday. I feel it lighter than before. and it support international weather.
miuiandroid said, it not real international support since you must use en_US as locale.

just reminder for quick port from honor 2:
- replace boot.img
- replace reserved1.img

bug for using quick port: radio suddenly death "No Service" and need to reboot.

So you managed to make a port of U9508 11.29 to U9510E? Are you able to make a ROM out of it? By the way is it still based on 4.1.2?

Sent from Huawei Ascend D1 quad XL using XDA Premium 4

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

So genokolar updated the U9508 to 11.29. He's the same one who ported U9510E. I hope he'll do the same and update U9510E.

cloudlockhart

Sep 8, 2013
its restarting,not shutdown..... help me plss.

That happend to me.. do this.. be sure ur on stock recovery.. and the dload folder is on the sd card.. yes it wil not shutdown.. it wil just reboot..

When u already flashd back to stock recovery.. and ur ph0ne stil on logo.. just pres the 3 buttons.(volume rocker plus poweq) And wait til it updates to oficial r0m.. then flashbk again to miui.. i did wipe..

Hope it helps.

Sent from my HUAWEI U9510E using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

twins.7

Nov 4, 2010
So you managed to make a port of U9508 11.29 to U9510E? Are you able to make a ROM out of it? By the way is it still based on 4.1.2?

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

So genokolar updated the U9508 to 11.29. He's the same one who ported U9510E. I hope he'll do the same and update U9510E.

I have ported it. And yes, it work.
Geno stop make our rom, so we port from his honor2.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

its restarting,not shutdown..... help me plss.

do you have chinese recovery(recovery6.0.1.9_AscendD1Q.exe)? extact it with 7zip
- in any condition, press volume down and power until it restart and display huawei logo
- it will stuck in huawei logo, it's normal. it's called fastboot
- use command prompt(cmd) and change directory to where_you_extract_the_chinese_recovery
- execute command: fastboot flash recovery Sec_recovery.img

verntechguy

Jan 15, 2013
Calamba City
I also noticed that the latest chinese rom for U9508 is already 4.2.2 (B704). I wonder if we can port that to U9510E and use it as base for MIUI. Sounds exciting but I know it's not that easy.

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

So craigsoup already tried the 4.2 u9508 rom to u9510e. However it doesn't seem to work he thinks that the kernel is not compatible. It makes sense because genokolar would have updated the u9508 miui rom to 4.2 if it was that easy.

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

Wow almost all of the Huawei models on MIUI are ported by genokolar and most of them are updated to 3.11.29. I don't know why he left out U9510E.

twins.7

Nov 4, 2010
That's cool! Would you be kind enough to upload your work? You can also submit your port to MIUI so that they can update the one on their site.

i have written step by step on prevoius post, please check n try it. It's simple.

I also noticed that the latest chinese rom for U9508 is already 4.2.2 (B704). I wonder if we can port that to U9510E and use it as base for MIUI. Sounds exciting but I know it's not that easy.

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

So craigsoup already tried the 4.2 u9508 rom to u9510e. However it doesn't seem to work he thinks that the kernel is not compatible. It makes sense because genokolar would have updated the u9508 miui rom to 4.2 if it was that easy.

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

Wow almost all of the Huawei models on MIUI are ported by genokolar and most of them are updated to 3.11.29. I don't know why he left out U9510E.

geno still use B629 for MIUI honor2

verntechguy

Jan 15, 2013
Calamba City
i have written step by step on prevoius post, please check n try it. It's simple.

So I'm just going to download the 3.11.29 ROM for U9508 and do this:

- copy boot.img from U9510E ROM
- copy reserved1.img from U9510E ROM

So I'm going to copy those 2 files and replace U9508 text to U9510E on the U9508 3.11.29 ROM right?

Last edited:

twins.7

Nov 4, 2010
So I'm just going to download the 3.11.29 ROM for U9508 and do this:

- copy boot.img from U9510E ROM
- copy reserved1.img from U9510E ROM

So I'm going to copy those 2 files and replace U9508 text to U9510E on the U9508 3.11.29 ROM right?

yap, you right.
prepare the battery for unwanted accident

verntechguy

Jan 15, 2013
Calamba City
So everything works right? I don't know why genokolar is not updating U9510E if it's that simple right.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone,

Below is a tutorial I have compiled and translated from bbs.anzhi.com on how to update your Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL (U9510E) to the latest version of Android offered by EmotionUI, Jelly Bean 4.1.2:

First of all, I want to give credit where credit is due:
    genokolar (aka G大) - Creator/Modder of the Custom Recovery for this, and many other phones coming out of China
    Ry09iu (aka R大) - Creator of a Rooted ROM based on EmotionUI B534, which is based on Android 4.1.2
    【LUV】 - The board moderator for the D1Quad section of bbs.anzhi, also who's ROM release I used for my phone, but it's upto you to choose which one you want to use

**IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR YOU TO ATTEMPT THIS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH FLASHING PHONES. IN THE CHANCE THAT YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE, I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR IT**

**DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR FILES!!**

Now that the credits and the warning are given, let's get started:

Required Tools:
    1. Recovery 6.0.1.9: This tool will open in command prompt and will allow you to flash in the Custom Recovery created by genokolar, as well as the stock recovery released by Huawei. Mirror

2(a).Official ROMs:

i. Official EmotionUI ROM B551 (Updated January 11, 2013): Release Notes

2(b).Custom ROMs:

i. Rooted Version of EmotionUI Rom (Author: genokolar):
    - B534 Download

ii. Rooted Version of EmotionUI Rom (Author: Ry09iu):
    - B534 Download
    - B538 Download

iii. Rooted Version of EmotionUI Rom with HOLO as default Launcher (Author: Ry09iu, Modded by LUV):
    - B534 Download
    - B538 Download
    - B542 Download

iv. MIUI V4.1 - converted from MIUI V4.1 for Honor 2 (Author: Ry09iu):

3. GApps [Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (Author goo.im/gapps)]: Download

*The roms are hosted in China so the download will be slow, please be patient and your download will be done in an hour or two :)*

**PLEASE PLACE THE ROM YOU WISH TO UES INTO YOUR EXTERNAL SD CARD BEFORE CONTINUING**

Step 1: Flashing Custom Recovery
    1. Turn-on USB debugging on your phone [Settings -> Developer Settings -> USB debugging]
    2. Plug in your Phone to your computer via USB for it to install the appropriate drivers*
    3. Run recovery6.0.1.4_AscendD1Q.exe
    3.5 If your system locale is set to anything other than Chinese, you will get this:
    13537413.png

But what you should see is this:
    grecovery.png

What that means is: said:
    **-1. Flash Chinese Custom Recovery-**
    **-2. Recover Official Recovery-**
    ##-3.Reboot phone into Recovery-##
    4. Type in "1" and press Enter -> This Recovery Flasher will do what it's made to do and when it's completed, your phone will now have a custom recovery.
    5. The application will automatically close 10 seconds after the Recovery has been successfully flashed.

Note from Genokolar said:
    1. The development of this Custom Recovery was done through email with Huawei so it may be lacking certain features, a full custom recovery will be released as soon as responds him
    2. This recovery will only flash from an external SD Card, internal SD card flash is not yet supported
    3. At the time of this Custom Recovery being posted, no third-party ROM has been released, therefore it has not been tested <- No longer the case
    4.This recovery can be used to Root the EMUI ROMs released by Huawei
    5. When you need to flash back to the original ROM releases by Huawei, or receive OTA updates from Huawei, please flash back the original Recovery

*If the drivers do not install properly, please download the driver attached in this post and install it manually.

Step 2: ROM Flashing
    1. Boot your phone into the new recovery. (either by starting the application again and selecting option 3, or press and hold the Power Button with Volumn Up)
    2. You will be greeted by the Custom Recovery Screen show below:
    recoveryo.jpg

[*] Reboot system now

[*] Select zip to flash/install

[*] Wipe data

[*] Wipe cache

[*] Backup and restore

[*] Flash memory/Format

[*] Advanced setting

[*] Turn off phone
    3. Scroll to select option 3 (Wipe data), confirm the wipe
    4. Scroll to select option 4 (Wipe cache), confirm the wipe as well
    5. Scroll to select option 2 (Select zip to flash/install)
    applyupdatefromsdcard.jpg

[*] Select zip from SD Card to Flash

[*] Install /sdcard/update.zip

[*] Activate/Deactivate Signature Verification

[*] Install from external zip
    <-- Back to previous screen
    6. Scroll to and select option 4 (Install from external zip)
    7. Scroll to and select the zip file of the ROM which you have previously downloaded and placed into your external SD Card, confirm the flash
    7.5. At this point, you can either flash in the gapps right away, or flash it after rebooting into the OS. I chose to flash it after booting into the OS for the first, but I don't think it will cause any problems. I will be posting the way I did it, and if you guys did it the other way, let us know if it worked or not

*IMPORTANT NOTE*
    When you're booting up your system out from Recovery, you will be asked whether or not you would want your ROM to auto update the recovery, shown below:
    updaterecovery.jpg

[*] Yes - Forbid Auto Update of Recovery

[*] Cancel - Back
    <-- Return to previous
    Please select the one being highlighted in the image, which is option 2 ([*] Cancel - Back). OR CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!

Step 3: Flashing GApps
    1. Boot into recovery
    2. Scroll to and select option 4 (Install from external zip)
    3. Scroll to and select the zip file of GApps you have downloaded "gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip" or whatever you may have renamed it to, confirm the flash
    4. Reboot into OS
    5. *THE NOTE ABOVE STILL APPLIES, SO HERE IT IS AGAIN*
    *IMPORTANT NOTE*
    When you're booting up your system out from Recovery, you will be asked whether or not you would want your ROM to auto update the recovery, shown below:
    updaterecovery.jpg

[*] Yes - Forbid Auto Update of Recovery

[*] Cancel - Back
    <-- Return to previous
    Please select the one being highlighted in the image, which is option 2 ([*] Cancel - Back). OR CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!

Step 4: ALL DONE!
    Congratulations, assuming everything was done properly, and everything worked out, now you will have Android 4.1.2 on your Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL.

Images not showing up in your GooglePlay Store? YouTube not working?
    Here is how our very own 12andy fixed the problem:

UPDATE: So using a clear hosts breaks the ability to connect to Facebook (via app and website). It's best to use AdAway, instead.

Nvana, it's the same process we've been using to flash the Chinese ROM(s), but with the added step of "fixing" the hosts file:
    • download SmartHosts from Goole Play (free)
    • tap on "Toggle hosts file" button
    • select "Clean hosts file"

And you're done! Rebooting wasn't necessary either, as the images started loading immediately.
    [ Custom ROM ] U9510E B611 by svikfromorel v3.0

Base - B611 official
    Model - U9510E/U9510
    ROM makers - SvikFromOrel feat. PupsikOFF

Update log
    • Root
    • Root Explorer
    • Google App
    • HwLauncher6.apk - 4х5,
    • HwMeWidget.apk - separate
    • Phone.apk - fullscreen
    • Breeze.hwt, Onion.hwt - 2 themes & some ringtones
    • Chrome and Gmail (not part of the standard gapps),
    • Titanium BackUp,
    • Bootanimation.zip - my standart boot anim.
    • Build.prop edit: mode Н+ (3,75G)
    • removed some Chinese programs
    • repack cust.img for Euro location

How to install ROM
    • download ROM and unzip on PC
    • charge more 30%
    • backup your data
    • connect phone to PC
    • run Flash_all_en.bat
    • when the process is finished and the phone reboots, hold the volume button up and the power button
    • in recovery menu choose Wipe data --> Yes then Wipe cache and Reboot

DOWNLOAD
    CWM

who wants to see the English version of CWM??
    One Russian guy has created a patch. His name is PupsikOFF.
    link on 4PDA post
    1. Copy the attached file to your SD card
    2. launch Chinese recovery
    3. Scroll to select option 2
    4. Then Scroll to select option 4
    5. Find on your SD card recovery_patch.zip
    6. That's all.
    But there is one drawback..
    After the restart, recovery will again become a Chinese.
    it's better than nothing

View attachment recovery_patch.zip
    Attention!! New ROM!!

[ Custom ROM ] Huawei U9510E P6_EMUI_2.0_for_U9510E_PupsikOFF_port

Base - P6-U00_EmotionUI_2.0_V100R001C00B030SP1
    Model - U9510E/U9510
    Port Maker - PupsikOFF
    Update Log
    - wi-fi fix
    - KingUser fix
    - replace stock browser to NextBrowser
    - add GoFlashLight app
    - long press Home (hard) button fix
    - add Google Apps, LG lockscreen
    - and more fix
    - video files play with Huawei Video player

Still not fixed
    - FM radio
    - youtube (but you can download Photon Browser from Play Market for view flash video)

How to install ROM
    - Flash this port after install official B610 or B611
    - download ROM and unzip on PC
    - charge more 30%
    - backup your data
    - connect phone to PC
    - run Sec_P6.bat
    - when the process is finished and the phone reboots, hold the volume button up and the power button
    - in recovery menu choose Wipe data --> Yes then Wipe cache and Reboot

Enjoy real EMUI 2.0.

DOWNLOAD

Screenshot_2014-02-23-18-41-02.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-42-04.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-42-11.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-42-36.jpegScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-42-44.jpegScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-42-53.jpegScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-43-57.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-44-19.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-45-04.jpegScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-46-18.jpg
    Respect from Russia​
    Alryt.. tnx..

Wow.. real emui 2.0. Im excited! :)

Sent from my HUAWEI U9510E using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi guys! Yeah, I realy install a EMUI 2.0 test ROM from P6 with 4.2 Android, but find some bags... Wi-fi not work and dial up have some errors.. I will try to fix them all.