[APP+MODS][VGA][COOK-ONLY][2010-02-16] HTC Sense - MANILA 2.5.2012 VGA PORT

Search This thread

henk2484

Aug 8, 2008
Arnhem
One question, in the screenshot the callhistory/calendar parts are not shown at all. Is there a setting that allows you to show this when Manila Locker has locked the device?

I'm currently using you're update2 version and don't have any problems of those two being active when the phone is locked.

Manila Locker 2.5.2012
snapshot2v.png

I've updated the Manila Locker for CHT1.6.1 cab. Changes are below.

Update 03-19-2010

-Manlia Locker now 100% compatible (hopefully :)) with CookieHomeTabMod 1.6.1.
___-Call History, Voicemail, and PageSelector are not active when locked
___-Position of PageSelector moved to top center of screen
-Added a fix for wallpaper position being off after unlock if using 6.5.x and VGAHDWall mod.
___-install fix after installing the Manila Locker cab

Get it here

IzaacJ

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Eskilstuna
izaacj.github.io
Hey!

I have a few problems with cooking with this.

1. On the Welcome screens I can't set the date with the popup calendar. If I push the button nothing happens and the next button doesn't work after that.
2. The messaging isn't working at all. All I can do is recieving messages.
3. I can't set the 24-hour mode in the settings tab. I have to press menu->all settings to be able to do that.

These problems arised when I added these packages to the build. I could upload my EXT folder to 4Shared if needed.

I've checked the list for missing packages, and there are a few packages I couldn't find, like HTCFDN_1_6_2_0 and I don't know if that could be the problem. Any ideas?

Building a WM 6.5.3.28217 rom for a Diamond.

Last edited:

etoy

Dec 21, 2009
Manila Locker 2.5.2012

I've updated the Manila Locker for CHT1.6.1 cab. Changes are below.

Update 03-19-2010

-Manlia Locker now 100% compatible (hopefully :)) with CookieHomeTabMod 1.6.1.
___-Call History, Voicemail, and PageSelector are not active when locked
___-Position of PageSelector moved to top center of screen
-Added a fix for wallpaper position being off after unlock if using 6.5.x and VGAHDWall mod.
___-install fix after installing the Manila Locker cab

Get it here

wow,that was FAST! tried it right now,positioning is almost perfect now. all buttons are locked so no more accidentally selected calendar or call history. the only problem that remains is when you turn the phone to landscape and back,it becomes all messed up. other than that,perfection is really near! congratulations for your great work.

Here is the 0410 folder for HTCSense_PeopleMessagingClassic_2.0.1. ;)

thanks again neo,you saved me another time :)

daeinnor

Aug 31, 2009
Manila, Philippines
hummm
still having issues with manilla not loading....
anyone have any other ideas on what could cause this? using the latest 2011 start icon loader...what else is dependent on just starting manilla??
Had the same issue last night in my TP ... there are so many dependencies and tweaking one leads to issues. I temporarily disabled footprint, ereader & document packages & I'm temporarily back in business. I still have to solve the real issue though!

Not saying that issue is the same as your's, just sharing my experience. :)
Though, I haven't solve "AudioManager_eng" cannot be opened. :(

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
One question, in the screenshot the callhistory/calendar parts are not shown at all. Is there a setting that allows you to show this when Manila Locker has locked the device?

I'm currently using you're update2 version and don't have any problems of those two being active when the phone is locked.
CallHistory and Calendar can be hidden when not active (ie no appointments or missed calls) with cookie's mod 1.6.1 via registry settings or CHTEditor.

wow,that was FAST! tried it right now,positioning is almost perfect now. all buttons are locked so no more accidentally selected calendar or call history. the only problem that remains is when you turn the phone to landscape and back,it becomes all messed up. other than that,perfection is really near! congratulations for your great work.
Hmm, I hardly ever use landscape and only bind a button to rotate the screen instead of using sensorsdk. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll see what I can do to lock it in portrait. For now, I'd remove the following registry keys so sense doesn't rotate by itself:
Code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\ModuleName]
"Manila"="\\Windows\\manila.exe"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\WhiteList]
"Manila"="Manila"

Last edited:

henk2484

Aug 8, 2008
Arnhem
CallHistory and Calendar can be hidden when not active (ie no appointments or missed calls) with cookie's mod 1.6.1 via registry settings or CHTEditor.

Thanx for the answer. I installed the latest Manila Locker and found that the call history and calendat are still present (just what I wanted).

Still strange that I didn't have any problems with the previous release.

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
the depths
This is what I get when I hit the date button just above the calendar button on the home page. Anyone seen this before or have any ideas on what's going on? I swear that it used to take me to the calendar tab w/2.5.2012. I'm not sure what I did to change that.

CapScr0001-59.jpg

Last edited:

Major A

Feb 8, 2008
Lille
Hmm, I hardly ever use landscape and only bind a button to rotate the screen instead of using sensorsdk. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll see what I can do to lock it in portrait. For now, I'd remove the following registry keys so sense doesn't rotate by itself:

Would it be simplier to auto-unlock when keyboard slides out (like S2U2 does) and ignore screen rotation when locked ?

finsmaniac02

Dec 1, 2007
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=651007

very interesting....facebook tab

would be interested to figure out if we could just cook it in? or would we need other modifications...

I don't know how interested I am in a facebook tab or not... but this brings about 2 questions I have...

Is there any way to change the 2 hr interval that facebook updates within contacts?
And can we change the default website pulled when clicking on a status/etc within contact. Right now it uses m.facebook.com, but I would prefer touch.facebook.com

etoy

Dec 21, 2009
Code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\ModuleName]
"Manila"="\\Windows\\manila.exe"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\WhiteList]
"Manila"="Manila"

thanks for the advise,i disabled auto rotation and i'm trying to use the manual rotation with long press send key. seems to work fine,i just have to be careful and not rotate the screen with the locker enabled. it would be nice to disable completely the rotation when locked,do you think it's possible? that would avoid the misalignment that i stated before. and with that the locker would be perfect.

Last edited:

hasseye

Jun 15, 2008
I don't know how interested I am in a facebook tab or not... but this brings about 2 questions I have...

Is there any way to change the 2 hr interval that facebook updates within contacts?
And can we change the default website pulled when clicking on a status/etc within contact. Right now it uses m.facebook.com, but I would prefer touch.facebook.com

best place to put that question is in the link i listed....

elladb

Apr 12, 2005
Modiin
can't start the manila...

Hi.
I cooked the manila 2012 for Diamond. I have a BIG problem.

when i reset the device with a cable connected to the computer it start ok.

when i reset the device without the cable the manila dosen't start.

HELP!!!

celoni

May 15, 2009
This is what I get when I hit the date button just above the calendar button on the home page. Anyone seen this before or have any ideas on what's going on? I swear that it used to take me to the calendar tab w/2.5.2012. I'm not sure what I did to change that.

CapScr0001-59.jpg
me too...in a rom with wm6.5 and htc scroll 2.0.192011 and htc framework 1.5.1922...any solution???

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
the depths
me too...in a rom with wm6.5 and htc scroll 2.0.192011 and htc framework 1.5.1922...any solution???
I also noticed I'm missing this screen from Clock Settings in Windows as well. I get the same grayed out screen. Can anyone at least point us to what packages this might have to do with?

Thank you for responding celoni! :)

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I also noticed I'm missing this screen from Clock Settings in Windows as well. I get the same grayed out screen. Can anyone at least point us to what packages this might have to do with?

Thank you for responding celoni! :)
In the newer ROMs, the files for the Calendar are in the Shared Resources package. The HTC Framework package only includes DLLs. You should be using the newest version, if you can. I'm using SharedResource_1_0_20111720 & HTCFramework_1_5_19223320.

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
the depths
In the newer ROMs, the files for the Calendar are in the Shared Resources package. The HTC Framework package only includes DLLs. You should be using the newest version, if you can. I'm using SharedResource_1_0_20111720 & HTCFramework_1_5_19223320.
Ah, that did it Captain! I had recently started from scratch and must have forgot to bring over the correct Shared Resources package. I was running an older version. Now both date button on home screen and editing date through clock settings work. Thank you much!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    m252012_screenshoot_2.jpg

Here We Are!!!
    The Brand New HTC Sense 2.5.2012 that already ported and ready to use for our VGA devices

post_shortcut.jpg
    * Overview
    * Screenshoots
    * Thanks To
    * Downloads
    * Modifications & Tweaks
    * Development Progress
    * How to Cook
    * F.A.Q

post_overview.jpg
    HTC Sense - Manila 2.5

HTC Sense or Manila is a user interface, based on the TouchFLO 3D user interface, developed by HTC for mobile devices running Windows Mobile.

HTC Sense is a "design experience, an architecture that is all about how
    people use the device, making their content personal to how they use the device.".

HTC Sense 2.5.2012 was come from official RHODIUM_S2 [^] project (ROM), originally supported for WVGA screen only. To fit VGA Screen for Diamond and Raphael (Touch Pro) we need to port LUA, MODE9 and some QTC files from HTC Sense packages.

HTC Sense 2.5.2012 was designed for lower hardware than original HTC Sense that come from LEO ROM ( Already ported by kisja & amarullz [^] ), so the performance was greatly improved.

Features
    • Home - Display nice clock UI, current weather with animation backgrounds, Alarm, current date, Calendar and current appointment, and nice quick shortcuts (6 items in VGA), you can set it as programs launcher, contacts and browser bookmarks.
    • People - Display favorite contacts, when you hit All People softkey you will see list of all people, there is many things can you do with this tab, like view contact details, sms, email and facebook status.
    • Messages - Display recent text messages, the green bubble will shown if you have any unreaded SMS, you can tap on message and HTC Sense will bring the messaging interface for you (Messaging Client/People Message Classic)
    • Mail - Display recent email with the sleek interface.
    • Internet - Display browser launcher and thumbnailed favorite bookmarks.
    • Calendar - Display Month, Year, Day, Week calendar, you can also managed your appointment with the easy to use & finger friendly interface, you can see your Agenda and many more.
    • Stock - Display quotes/stocks from Yahoo Finance, you can add new stocks, rearranged the position, and update the chart.
    • Photos & Videos - Display your photos & videos in nice 3D view, you can tap the picture to view it, press albums to see the album view, slideshow, and you can directly open the camera with the button on the right.
    • Music - Display the music player, you can manage your playlists, find the songs very easy with categorized Artists, albums, genres and composers. It also gie you the nice 3D Album Cover view.
    • Weather - Display weather condition and forecasts for your selected cities and my location. It also come with the nice weather animations.
    • Twitter - Display your and your friends tweet in nice list view, you can update your tweet, send messages, retweet, and many other things.
    • Settings - Display the system and personal settings in nice category. You will forget your old Windows Mobile settings with this new Settings tab.

Differences between Manila 2.1 and HTC Sense 2.5.

Captain_Throwback already create the great list of difference between Manila 2.1 and Sense 2.5.

Home tab:
    Sense 2.1 - Home tab includes World Clock w/Weather under time & Animated Weather wallpaper. Quick links to Call History & Calendar under time. Scrolling up will reveal several calendar entries.
    Sense 2.5 - Home tab includes World Clock w/Weather under time & several choices of Animated wallpaper, including Weather. Quick link to Calendar under time, one Calendar entry shows. Scrolling up reveals 6 Quick Link shortcuts that can be customized to add a Program shortcut, Contact shortcut, or Bookmark.

People tab:
    Sense 2.1 - People tab is the same as previous versions of Manila. Features 3D shortcut to Contact card for Favorites, selectable using bladelist along side of tab. Contact numbers are listed underneath selected Contact picture, and can be dialed with a single press.
    Sense 2.5 - People tab features a grid view which shows 6 contact shortcuts at a time (scrolling up reveals additional shortcuts). Each shortcut uses Contact Picture for identification, and can be customized to View Contact Card, call a selected number, send a text or email (an icon in the bottom right of the picture will indicate the selected default action). The shortcut is actually 2 buttons - the picture acts as a direct shortcut to the default action as selected previously, and the bottom portion (which displays the contact name) opens the Contact card for that person. If there is an unread notification from that person, it will show up as a green icon on the bottom right of the button.

post_screenshoots.jpg

-- COMING SOON --

thanksto.jpg
    * Kisja - For the great works in Manila 2.5.1921.
    * cnzqy1 - Help me in porting & comparison this new Manila
    * aamikam, programatix - For your great EXT ports.
    * madnish30, Captain_Throwback - For your help in community.
    * Co0kieMonster for his LuaTool [^]
    * sztupi for his mode9converter [^]
    * 6Fg8 for his mode9editor [^]
    * All donators
    * And anyone who help it to become reality.

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK, IT WILL BE GREAT IF YOU SEND YOUR SMALL MONEY FOR MY COFFEE :)
    DONATE HERE!!!
    post_downloads.jpg

PORTED PACKAGES [VGA]
    • [ 2010-02-16 ] Manila 2.5.2012 VGA *
      This package contain all ported VGA files, but you need original wvga packages when you cook this package to be able to run the HTC Sense 2.5.2012 on your cooked ROM.
      DOWNLOAD IT HERE [ XDA | 4SHARED | GOOGLE CODE ]

ORIGINAL PACKAGES [WVGA]
    • [ 2010-02-18 ] Manila 2.5.2012 Original WVGA [ LOCALIZED ][ CFC ] *
      cfc'ed by Captain_Throwback, localized & packed by amarullz - This package contained original Manila 2.5.2012 WVGA from RHODIUM_S2 with CFC compressed for smaller QTC (images) files and faster performance, It also localized into Ervius visual kitchen localization style (0409, 040b, ...) this localized will remove all unused manila localization files after you cook it. - UPDATED WITH LATEST CAPTAIN'S MAIL PACKAGES
      DOWNLOAD IT HERE [ 4SHARED ]

• [ 2010-02-16 ] Manila 2.5.2012 Original WVGA [ LOCALIZED ] *
      localized & packed by amarullz - This package contained original Manila 2.5.2012 WVGA from RHODIUM_S2 without CFC compressed, It only localized into Ervius visual kitchen localization style (0409, 040b, ...).
      DOWNLOAD IT HERE [ 4SHARED | GOOGLE CODE ]

REQUIREMENTS PACKAGES
    • [ 2010-02-16 ] Manila 2.5.2012 EXT VGA *
      ported to VGA by aamikam, packed by amarullz - This package contained all requirements packages that Manila 2.5.2012 depended with. It contain many common HTC packages included ( aGPS_Confirmation, AppointmentEditor, Audio_Manager_Engine, Contact_Picker, Contact_Utility_Engine, DeviceInfo, DiscretixDRM, DRM_Middleware, Email_Setup_Wizard, Facebook_Engine, GoogleLocationService, GPS_GMM, GroupEditor, HTCBirthday, HTCBookmark, HTCFontLink, HTCFramework, HTCGeoService, HTCMessage, Menu_Enhancement, Message_Enhancement, New_Contact_Card, Power, Settings_Improvement, SharedResource, Shared_Modules, Social_Networks_Engine and StartIconLoader )

• [ 2010-02-16 ] Manila 2.5.2012 Common Tweaks *
      by amarullz - This package contained common tweaks and mods included ( NoHTCPhoneCanvas, People Messaging Classic, All Programs, and others important tweaks compatible with Manila 2.5.2012.

moretweaks.jpg

Mods made by other than amarullz:
    Stop Clock from Flipping 01:02(for Manila_Home_2_5_20111612_0):
    See attachment for the file, just overwrite the original file. No more weird bugs like the clock getting stuck or 0:00AM bug!

Disable HTC Messaging Client:
    Don't include HTC Messaging Client then import these registry keys:
    Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
    "Manila://PeopleDetail\\peopleMessageClassic.page.hidden"=dword:0
    "Manila://PeopleDetail_SIM\\peopleMessageClassic.page.hidden"=dword:0
    "Manila://PeopleDetail\\peopleMessage.page.hidden"=dword:2
    "Manila://PeopleDetail_SIM\\peopleMessage.page.hidden"=dword:2
    Then you can get a Manila 2.1-like messaging interface.
    For CDMA2000 users, please download the attachment(for Manila_People_2_5_20111710_5) and overwrite the original file.
    amarullz's NoMsgClient Mod provides more functions and you can use it instead, if you are using amarullz's mod, DON'T include my file!(the registry keys are ok)

Messaging mod by kimi_sae_ireba:
    See: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6362736&postcount=1295

BG4ALL by mwalt2:
    See: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5692205&postcount=382

HDWall mod(with BG4ALL) by mwalt2:
    See: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=644515

Calendar Transparent mod by Qui-Gon:
    See: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5743486&postcount=599

Call History mod by Qui-Gon:
    See: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5872671&postcount=213

Manila Locker 2012 by mwalt2:

Other Official ROM Download Link:
    Leo 1.5 2.10: http://conflipper.com/shipped/Leo/R...dio_Signed_15.34.50.07U_2.08.50.08_2_Ship.exe

How tos:
    How to totally remove tabs of Manila 2.5:
    Delete the whole package of the tab, then edit 26948339_manila in Manila Core, delete the tabs you don't want, rearrange the remaining tabs, then add registry keys like:
    Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
    "Manila://footprints.page.hidden"=dword:1
    How to CFC Manila 2.5:
    Download the attachment, place the two dlls in your Manila folder, then hex edit manila.exe and mode9.dll(if it is a module, is in S001). Just search for "libgles_cm.dll" in the files and replace it with "libgles_mn.dll". These values may appear multiple times in the file! Make sure to search and replace for both ANSI and UNICODE variants! Then use CFC GUI to open every Manila folders and CFC them(press Ctrl+F, then Yes->Yes->No).
    Thanks Chainfire for the CFC GUI tool.

Packages that need to match each other's version:
    StartIconLoader must match Manila Core version(use them of the same ROM).
    Message Enhancement must match Manila(for Manila 2.5, should be 1.2.xxxx) and Phone Canvas Enhancement(for Leo and Qilin dialers, should be 1.2.xxxx).
    Album must match Media Tool kit(Album 3.0.xxxx matches Media Tool kit 1.0.xxxx, Album 3.2.xxxx matches Media Tool kit 1.2.xxxx, Album 3.5.xxxx matches Media Tool kit 1.5.xxxx).

List of HTC Packages and What Do They Do(VGA and WVGA) :
    Please see: http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=3841.