Pre order for Galaxy Nexus LTE is open starting now

Search This thread

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I was excited about this phone but I feel it's going to be a brick. sprint 3g is horrendous and with lte almost nowhere it will render this phone utterly useless. I would gladly keep my epic what its wimax 4g ability and excellent dev support.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Lmao sucks to live where you do then :p. This phone will be a stud.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

jbadboy2007

Sep 22, 2010
Lansing MI
I was excited about this phone but I feel it's going to be a brick. sprint 3g is horrendous and with lte almost nowhere it will render this phone utterly useless. I would gladly keep my epic what its wimax 4g ability and excellent dev support.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

If you don't have wifi at home and are soley depending on mobile data to get you through life then your doing it wrong

Reactions: BeerChameleon

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Lol don't know if a month of early nexus is worth 200$ hahaha but my mom desperately needs my phone and my brother desperately needs a new phone (evo) he's getting it along with me. Soooo anyways :p. Gnex this Sunday yay!!!!!

Can't wait to have touchwiz battery life on cm9 :p... having things working like they should =].

Well I was in the same boat my gf really needs a new phone as she has a non smartphone and I was going to get it this weekend but sprint wouldn't let me upgrade so maybe I can find a better deal in a month who knows and if I don't find a better deal I will still pay 199.99 as it is an awesome phone :)

Sent from my SPH-D700

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
so my question. Is where is our forum? For the sprint gnex? I know its going to be different from Verizons so is xda planing on making a separate forum for it?
You would think it would be up already.

DrKaotica

Feb 18, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
so my question. Is where is our forum? For the sprint gnex? I know its going to be different from Verizons so is xda planing on making a separate forum for it?

I was wondering the same thing.. altho, in theeeeory wouldn't it be possible to use a rom from the verizon version? My gfs moto atrix has roms that users flash that live all over the world (and obv on different carriers)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I was wondering the same thing.. altho, in theeeeory wouldn't it be possible to use a rom from the verizon version? My gfs moto atrix has roms that users flash that live all over the world (and obv on different carriers)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

I don't think so. Still too different, at least I think... I know that some rom versions of cricket phones won't work for the same phone on sprint. But who knows I'm pretty sure they will give us our own forum sooner or later.

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.

I would pm a moderator or admin and suggest they put the label verizob on the current cdma one and sprint on its on development forum and have it all in galaxy nexus section

Sent from my SPH-D700

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Lol yes that would be nice and if they just divided it now and put verizon label on the current one then they won't have to sort later if there is a difference in roms and it wont be as crowded in there

Sent from my SPH-D700

Yeah seriously there would be less trouble and a lot less "help I flashed a verizon rom and bricked my nexus's threads"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am 45 days away from my upgrade. I have a Epic 4G which has been a POS from day 1. GPS has never worked properly, seldom updated, 4G radio sleeps in the middle of browsing, and the phone now requires resets every 12 hours (otherwise it'll shut down on its own at a random time after). Reinstalling the OS does nothing. It's never been jailbroken because it always errored out when I attempted to. After is crashed and corrupted my SD card in January, I was ready to toss it.

You said jailbroken your whole argument is invalid. And the epic 4g is a powerhorse.. you were just poorly informed, sorry. Also you had only one point that the gps didnt work... which theres a fix for. You dont reinstall the OS you restore the ROM which is different... You need to learn a few things :) just saying.... FWIW.
    ill wait till its a penny on amazon.
    Wow, I stopped by to see where everyone was headed. I expected to see a higher S3 count. I am torn between the same 2 phones for my June 1 update. Looks like I will be seeing many of you soon though. I have more fun with my Nexus now than when I first got it so I am leaning towards GNex but if the May 7th announcement blows me away i may change my mind and have an S2 and S3. I am kinda glad I can't upgrade until 6/! because I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation!

Sent from either ET4G or NS4G using Xparent Tapatalk 2
    Gnex is amazing ;)
    Within a few mins of having it I was flashing CM9 thru twrp
    Im not regretting getting it at all screw the SGS3 :p
    Haha I'm in same situation .. spent all my money during the "holiday" that just passed so I gotta wait a little :eek:

That Kush?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium