Initial Issues with Evo LTE

Search This thread

chasoo

Aug 10, 2010
Winter Springs, FL
I received the phone yesterday night and have been using it heavily since then. My intention is not to be a hater, but rather to see if anyone is having these issues. I'm coming from a Sprint GS2 and have not had any of the issues below...dare I say it was smoother in everyday operation?

1. When on lockscreen and accessing settings - lag/slow/studder
2. After initial phone unlock, scroll left/right and lag/studder
3. After initial phone unlock, opening app drawer takes about .5-1 sec to open. After that, it is instant.
4. After killing all apps and going back to the homescreen, scrolling produces an initial studder.
5. When scrolling through homescreens, the screen recognizes a 'long-press' and highlights whatever widget/app was selected and either moves it, or highlights it to resize. This only happens when scrolling through all screens quickly and constantly. I do this to see how quick I can scroll.

I think these are all because of Sense. I remember it being heavy when I had my Inspire, but don't recall having issues like these.

Last edited:

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
Mine is running pretty smooth.

Might be an app that's not playing nice.

Some folks are having some issues with WIFI. TRy shutting WIFI off and see if it goes away.

I also tend to minimize apps using my location. They might all do a "Where am I" everytime you wake it.

Hypeo

Oct 4, 2007
Yuma
I've got an issue with loosing 3g network connectivity
42574191-e7cd-c47d.jpg

Sent from my EVO LTE

twist

Feb 23, 2006
I have had 1 random reboot since yesterday, but otherwise it has really been running quick and nice. I am truly impressed with this device. Remind me of when I got my OG Evo and how impressed with it I was at the time.

chasoo

Aug 10, 2010
Winter Springs, FL
Thanks for the legit replies guys. I usually end up making the threads that idiots reply to, but so far this crowd isn't half bad!

I'm going to keep working with it and hopefully the phone will lose the quirks (idk how but a man can hope).

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jnip

imex99

Jun 30, 2008
Columbus,OH
I've had about 4 random reboots... While in my belt clip and case. Get phone off blt and it's rebooting. Not rooted yet, so that's not it. Just installing all the apps I had on my 3d.

If I can't figure it out and still happening by Sunday I'm requesting a replacement.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Beherrschen

Mar 9, 2008
Proximity sensor doesn't seem to work when I am on a call. Screen turns off before I get the phone to my ear, doesn't turn back on when it leaves my ear, and if I then turn the screen on using the power button then the screen just stays on during the call even if put back to my ear.

Anyone else?

ImaWinRAR

Sep 19, 2011
Chicago
I can't stop getting audible roaming alerts no matter what I turn off/silence

no offense, but are you sure you're turning off the right settings? i only ask this because the layout can be pretty confusing. under settings>mobile data turn off the data roaming sound and roaming guards to stop the pop ups and roaming sounds

Powerbird101

Aug 15, 2007
Alamo City good ole' SA
Proximity sensor doesn't seem to work when I am on a call. Screen turns off before I get the phone to my ear, doesn't turn back on when it leaves my ear, and if I then turn the screen on using the power button then the screen just stays on during the call even if put back to my ear.

Anyone else?

+3 on this ( I have 3 brand new EVO 4g LTE phones doing this) the proximity sensor is totally going berserk during calls.

jaswolf

Jun 17, 2010
no offense, but are you sure you're turning off the right settings? i only ask this because the layout can be pretty confusing. under settings>mobile data turn off the data roaming sound and roaming guards to stop the pop ups and roaming sounds

Yep, I've turned off all of those (even the international roaming guards) and still get the audible notification. Even with the phone on vibrate or silent modes. Changing notification sound doesn't change the roaming notification either...

john32f

Jul 12, 2010
When I was connected to wifi, my phone wasn't playing nice with Sprint's data network. Despite the browser working, I couldn't get speech-to-text working or some other things that require data. Turning it off and then on again seemed to fix it, but it's happened a couple times.

Reactions: tmuka

ottodawg

Oct 10, 2010
Colorado

Anyone else?

Try to calibrate the G-Sensor, Settings -> Display & Gestures, I tried it and it seems to be much better.

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
No issues here with the proximity sensor. It turns on and off when it should. If anything, it turns off a bit sooner than the old evo did, but not an issue either way.

Yesterday (day 1), my speech to text was crap. I'd say a sentence, it would record one word or letter. I cleared the voice recognition cache to reset it to learn from new. Maybe that helped, maybe something on google needed a day to cycle.

One or two fc's for a sideloaded app. No reboots or other crashes.

I am rooted (less than 4 hours after bring it home).

Also, I'm using nova launcher. I like adw ex, but the 3 vertical dots at the bottom are annoying. If/when they update it for ICS I may switch back. Nova works quite well, with almost as many bells/whistles as adw. Also using latest widget locker for the lock screen. I hate sense, and more so the sense lock screen. Several choices are not enough. I have all my frequently used apps right there on the lock screen.

Also, both adw and nova lets you access some of the hidden settings/functions from the settings menu using the 'activities' shortcuts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please keep it civil in here and stay on topic. No matter what phone it is there's going to be some issues with launch day devices, so it's counterproductive to harass those who are having issues. At the same time if you've never seen one and aren't planning on buying one there's a very good chance you have no business whatsoever posting here.

Threads Cleaned.
    Putting my concerns on various sites provides maximum exposure. Hopefully someone would be able to come up with a suggestion that can help me with the problems on this phone. That may happen on this site or some other site. All I am trying to do it find solutions for the problems for my phone. Is it really wrong to try and ask multiple people for help?

Various sites is fine, various threads is not. This is not allowed here. Please confine your question to one thread only. Multiple people will help you on the one thread. Also keep in mind that you may not get answers to all of your questions or as quickly as you would like. The device is still new and people are still trying to navigate their way around it. Please be patient.
    Mine is running pretty smooth.

Might be an app that's not playing nice.

Some folks are having some issues with WIFI. TRy shutting WIFI off and see if it goes away.

I also tend to minimize apps using my location. They might all do a "Where am I" everytime you wake it.

Anyone else?

Try to calibrate the G-Sensor, Settings -> Display & Gestures, I tried it and it seems to be much better.
    Wow. I can't believe how many issues people are reporting already. I don't have mine yet, waiting on BB. Disappointing to hear all the issues, that's for sure. Hopefully there's a way to make HTC aware of them so they can push fixes. Or I'm sure our devs can take care of the non HW and non radio related issues.

sent from 2yr old Evo on ICS

Keep in mind there is no thread for non-issues. Mine is perfect so far. I wouldn't worry too much.

Sent from my EVO using XDA