Off-Topic: Discuss other devices here incuding iPhone

Search This thread

mordbane

Jan 18, 2011
Detroit
Yes I always go with geek squad over Sprint for protection. $10 a month and if something happens to your phone, return for a new one no questions asked. Never had to pay a deductible.

Sent from my Freeza MD4 Stock Rooted Galaxy S3

The only negative of the Geek Squad insurance is that it is through Best Buy and we all know all stores are not equal. Some stores will claim that you have to send in your phone before you get a new one. So they give you a crappy loaner phone while you wait to get your replacement which again some stores will tell you it has to be refurbished phone. Also, it covers all damager (even water) but not lost or stolen.

All that said, I still think the Geeksquad insurance is the better deal. You might just need to shop around for a store that will replace your phone on the spot.

Last edited:

TheSocalGuy79

Feb 9, 2011
Orange County, California
The only negative of the Geek Squad insurance is that it is through Best Buy and we all know all stores are not equal. Some stores will claim that you have to send in your phone before you get a new one. So they give you a crappy loaner phone while you wait to get your replacement which again some stores will tell you it has to be refurbished phone. Also, it covers all damager (even water) but not lost or stolen.

All that said, I still think the Geeksquad insurance is the better deal. You might just need to shop around for a store that will replace your phone on the spot.

My Best Buy tried the loaner crap once. Talked to the store manager and made sure I stood in the cell phone area so others could hear me. He quickly changed his mind and called me the next day to tell me my replacement was in. Since then no questions asked lol

Sent from my Freeza MD4 Stock Rooted Galaxy S3

Top Liked Posts