[TOOL] [Feb 9, 2011] Android Customization Suite 1.2.3

Search This thread

Romanbb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
Android Customization Suite 1.2.3
This is a program to complement your ROM. It is able to produce a CWM flashable zip with apps your ROM might be missing (T-Mob ones, launchers, utilities, etc). It also has other tools available for you. It can produce an empty flashable zip for you (read more about it here). And now, it has "repositories." Developers can upkeep their own repos with whatever files they wish. Roms, themes, mods, etc.

Screenshots

yjD1r.png
9Utbf.png

(forgot to change the version # in these screenies, it's 1.1 :))

Older Screenshots:

Repo Tab 0.999
Repo Tab
Utilities Tab
Launchers & Misc Tab
Vibrant Apps Tab
System Tab

Instructions
  1. Download. Note: you must have Java installed to run this app
  2. WHILE YOU ARE DOWNLOADING MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
  3. Unzip the folder. Please keep it intact. Moving files around in there will probably break the functionality.
  4. Run ACS.jar.
  5. Choose desired apps.
  6. Wiping Dalvik cache is recommended, but it will take you about 5 minutes to boot
  7. Copy flash.zip to your internal sd card
  8. Flash with CWM

Linux users: if you are running Linux I advise you to use the run.sh file to run the program, otherwise it may use your home directory to store files
Mac users: you need to have java 1.6 installed for this to work. i tested this on a friend's mac (running 10.5.8 & java 1.5) and it wasn't working. also i was not able to update her java to 1.6 either. so i'm assuming you need to have snow leopard installed for this to work...

Devs:
Check out this reference guide for more info on setting up a repo list. Feel free to contact me for any clarification. It's really not hard to do it, just have to understand how the app works a little. The guide should give insight and instruction. Contact me to add your repo to the list.

Options Note
If you want to change the location of system apps, please make your selections first THEN change the location

Change Log
Code:
v1.2.3
-1.2.2 broke everything in the world so testing this fix out

v1.2.2
-fixed bug where unix based systems couldn't properly download from custom repos

v1.2.1
-redbend wasn't being added when you download modems, so it didn't work, fixed
-repo "admins" are now not restricted to using the pre-made folders in /kitchen and can put whatever path they wish and ACS should properly handle all directories
-fixed an issue not being able to download certain files....

v1.2
-fixed issue where program would try to download 2+ files at once if some files were not to be zipped up
-fixed issue where program would just stop if user had the zip open and it is trying to access said zip. now notifies the user
-error dialogs for when user selects files to download which would produce duplicate files in zip
-zappin dem bugs!
-took out splash screen for now :(

v1.11
-update script bug fix

v1.1
-initial implementation of CWM3 edify scripts for Epic (I've been reading they're supposed to work on CWM2, but I haven't had luck on my end, please let me know if you can help)
-UI is now resizable and easier to work with
-crappy splash screen
-internal code changes
-fixed run.sh script
-support to copy files to internal sd card

v1.0
-finished gui changes, no more tabs
-added menu bar with options option :)
-couple bug fixes from .9999999

v0.999
-redesigned gui
-everything is in form of a repo now (or will be at v1, too lazy to do launchers tonight)
-added functionality for different phones
-changed the way the app checks files against the server, should be much more efficient & faster
-need a new name!

v0.86
-bug fixes
-location of system apps (in the options tab) now works

v0.85
-repo functionality added
--any devs, feel free to contact me to add a section for your rom/mods/whatever
--the "repo" is maintained by you and is updated automatically when you update it, no need to recompile the app
-options tab
--[COLOR="Red"]new option to specify where you'd like to store apps that would originally go in /system/app[/COLOR] currently may not work, need some script help from a dev to fix this D:
-download percent for convenience and downloading large files
-did i mention there's a repo?

v0.7 Beta
-couple GUI changes to make it prettier
-new feature to create blank CWM zips for your use, [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10550607&postcount=84"]read more about it here[/URL]

v0.6 Beta
-improved code to download from online server & error checking
-added modems

v0.5 Burly Beta
-Basically rewrote program... 
--should be more efficient now, too
-Initial online implementation
--hopefully my web host can handle the traffic :)
-icon is missing, after 8 hours of working on 0.5 i'm not going to fix it right now 
-file size down to less than 150k :cool:

v0.4 ALPHA
-KERNELS & MODEMS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS UPDATE, SORRY :)
-TouchWiz Launcher Widgets will not be added along with the launcher
-added progress bar (along with rewriting some code to make it more efficient)
-added a rename box, you can now name your .zip whatever you like
-added more tmobile bloat (sigh)
-the application will not recognize APKs and files outside of itself, so for instance if you have an APK that you want to add just put it in the corresponding folders. 
-- for instance my VCK.jar is in folder /vck/, i want to add hi.apk. I could move it to /vck/data/app/hi.apk and when you click generate zip, the program should include it. please contact me if this is unclear or you have questions, this is only a minor feature :)

v0.3 ALHPA
-Renamed to Vibrant Customization Kitchen (thanks BruceElliot)
-re-organized tabs a little
-fixed bug where program would not work properly after generating a zip (thanks jdanisevich)
-Launchers & Misc tab should work

v0.2 ALPHA
-Most Vibrant Apps added (missing TMO TV & Media Hub for now)
-Misc Tab works now (minus GB keyboard, didn't work for me for some reason)

v0.1 ALPHA
-Initial Release

Current Known Bugs
-Please report any bugs you may have!
-If you do encounter a bug, restarting the program and trying again may help.

If you like this Tool, hit the Thank you button!

github - I don't really know what I'm doing with git, but here's my attempt at publishing it

Credits
-Scrizz - doing the hard work on the modems
-Heathen - script help
-everyone who contributes to the repo
-all ROM devs
-everyone else in this community who always helps

Media Mentions :D
XDA Front Page (v0.3)
Android Spin (v0.4)

i need everyone to test out 1.2.3. windows/linux/osx, everyone. please test it out trying to download Swype from Jdan's repo. if it does not work, please report back

Attachments

• ACS_1.0.zip
    166.4 KB · Views: 911
Last edited:

Romanbb

Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
Sounds awesome, I know a lot of people will find that very useful. Great job so far! My only concern is will you be releasing a new version every time the apps are updated? Or do you intend to have it download the latest versions automatically once you turn it into a client and host the actual files online?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

If this happens, it would be extremely easy to update to newer versions. But as the program works right now, it's pretty basic, so yes it would have to be downloaded again.

Also I'm pretty sure I lack the skill to program it to download the files. So like I said. Maybe later :D

jdanisevich

If this happens, it would be extremely easy to update to newer versions. But as the program works right now, it's pretty basic, so yes it would have to be downloaded again.

Also I'm pretty sure I lack the skill to program it to download the files. So like I said. Maybe later :D

No worries man, that still sounds like a great tool. I honestly wouldn't mind downloading every now and then, I was just curious. I still have to update half the applications on my computer manually, so it doesn't bother me. Thanks for your contribution, it's years beyond anything I could ever pull off, web server or no!

Reactions: jaxminzsky

Romanbb

Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
i know eta's kill the mood but i am hoping this gets out before midnight so i can play with it through the ball drop and have something to be proud of on the first of the year. i wish i knew this program making stuff too. but networking is my personal field of expertise at the moment.

I'm finishing up some things and going to try flashing a test in a bit.

If I can get it to work I will post the initial release later today. Only the Utilities tab and the Mms tab will be working though.

I've gotta figure out which Apks go with what for the actual bloat ;)

I'm finishing up some things and going to try flashing a test in a bit.

If I can get it to work I will post the initial release later today. Only the Utilities tab and the Mms tab will be working though.

I've gotta figure out which Apks go with what for the actual bloat ;)

makes sense! i am proud to see that there is testing going on and am willing to help out with anything i can to make this as good as you want it to get!

wbexpress

Jan 5, 2007
Philadelphia
So I'm in the process of creating a little utility that will allow you to choose alllllll the bloat you'll ever want.

It will generate a .zip file that you will flash through CWM.

rC9F1.png

Couple things I'd like to mention:
  • It's written in Java, so eventually I will get it working properly on Linux and OS X as well.
  • The file size of this utility will be a little large as I will have to include every single program with it
  • I will eventually try and get them to download off the internet to make the utility itself pretty damn tiny, no promises though
  • I had originally planned to make this an online-kitchen type tool. I don't know nearly enough PHP so I just ended up doing this
  • This thing is Alpha :)
  • I'll probably end up releasing the alpha over at Heathen's site before I put up a beta over here

I'd like to hear your thoughts/suggestions/comments.

(Mods, sorry if this isn't in the right section, I figure this is more related to ROM development than Apps)
I'm not trying to be a smartass or too much of a dumbass, but why would anyone want an app that adds bloat?

Romanbb

Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
I'm not trying to be a smartass or too much of a dumbass, but why would anyone want an app that adds bloat?

Honestly, that wasn't my main intention. I thought it was a good idea for people to add apps they wanted in one swift flash. I'm always looking to have Titanium and maybe a couple other apps.

This just makes it easier and provides most of the apps people want in one place.

But I've read it over and over how (some) people want Avatar, Wifi calling, or AOSP mms, and I've even seen a request at one point for the memo app.

Right now, this is what works:

Jq4cu.png

JKbm5.png

wbexpress

Jan 5, 2007
Philadelphia
Honestly, that wasn't my main intention. I thought it was a good idea for people to add apps they wanted in one swift flash. I'm always looking to have Titanium and maybe a couple other apps.

This just makes it easier and provides most of the apps people want in one place.

But I've read it over and over how (some) people want Avatar, Wifi calling, or AOSP mms, and I've even seen a request at one point for the memo app.

Right now, this is what works:

Jq4cu.png

JKbm5.png
Gotcha. It is a good idea. It just threw me because of the generally negative connotation of the word "bloat"...

xplanowestx

Sep 23, 2009
Plano

As far as updating goes.... It's not difficult here's an example for you...

http://www.javajazzup.com/issue3/page65.shtml

All you would need would be a host to hold all your files which a simple DropBox account can solve.

As far as the updater goes. What you can do is make a Wrapper that checks for a new file on a server (your new dropbox) if its the same size (in bytes) then continue to load your main .jar, else you tell it to download to the location which should overwrite it or you can delete it prior to the download.

I hope this helps in your java application. Great work and continue the dev :)

P.S. Feel free to PM for any questions you might have on Java. :)

Reactions: Romanbb

Romanbb

Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
As far as updating goes.... It's not difficult here's an example for you...

http://www.javajazzup.com/issue3/page65.shtml

All you would need would be a host to hold all your files which a simple DropBox account can solve.

As far as the updater goes. What you can do is make a Wrapper that checks for a new file on a server (your new dropbox) if its the same size (in bytes) then continue to load your main .jar, else you tell it to download to the location which should overwrite it or you can delete it prior to the download.

I hope this helps in your java application. Great work and continue the dev :)

P.S. Feel free to PM for any questions you might have on Java. :)

Yeah I didn't really doubt I could find it online, just didn't wanna jump in too far right away.

I was actually thinking of hosting like a master file which would contain locations and versions of the files that the client would be able to download and interpret. That's just something that crossed my mind though. I'm going to get this thing working fully offline before I go into anything else.

As far as the web hosting goes, I have some, it says it's "unlimited" but I have a feeling XDA will test that limit if the time comes.

Thanks for offering to help! I may take you up on it.

Romanbb

Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
If anyone knows this, I'd greatly appreciate the help. I need to know which APKs are associated with the following apps (mainly if there's another APK besides the main one):

• AllShare
  • Amazon
  • GoGo
  • Layar
  • Kindle
  • MediaHub
  • Memo
  • Mini Diary
  • Write and Go
  • Audio Post Card

robavila721

Jul 7, 2009
Laredo
It'd be great if we could use this tool to put our titanium backed up apps and put them in a flashable zip that way we have our apps ready for when we boot a rom.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

It'd be great if we could use this tool to put our titanium backed up apps and put them in a flashable zip that way we have our apps ready for when we boot a rom.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

doesnt titanium have that feature? i tried it once but it didnt change anything so i deleted the humongous zip it created and restored manually

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Customization Suite 1.2.3
    This is a program to complement your ROM. It is able to produce a CWM flashable zip with apps your ROM might be missing (T-Mob ones, launchers, utilities, etc). It also has other tools available for you. It can produce an empty flashable zip for you (read more about it here). And now, it has "repositories." Developers can upkeep their own repos with whatever files they wish. Roms, themes, mods, etc.

Screenshots

yjD1r.png
    9Utbf.png

(forgot to change the version # in these screenies, it's 1.1 :))

Older Screenshots:

Repo Tab 0.999
    Repo Tab
    Utilities Tab
    Launchers & Misc Tab
    Vibrant Apps Tab
    System Tab

Instructions
    1. Download. Note: you must have Java installed to run this app
    2. WHILE YOU ARE DOWNLOADING MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
    3. Unzip the folder. Please keep it intact. Moving files around in there will probably break the functionality.
    4. Run ACS.jar.
    5. Choose desired apps.
    6. Wiping Dalvik cache is recommended, but it will take you about 5 minutes to boot
    7. Copy flash.zip to your internal sd card
    8. Flash with CWM

Linux users: if you are running Linux I advise you to use the run.sh file to run the program, otherwise it may use your home directory to store files
    Mac users: you need to have java 1.6 installed for this to work. i tested this on a friend's mac (running 10.5.8 & java 1.5) and it wasn't working. also i was not able to update her java to 1.6 either. so i'm assuming you need to have snow leopard installed for this to work...

Devs:
    Check out this reference guide for more info on setting up a repo list. Feel free to contact me for any clarification. It's really not hard to do it, just have to understand how the app works a little. The guide should give insight and instruction. Contact me to add your repo to the list.

Options Note
    If you want to change the location of system apps, please make your selections first THEN change the location

Change Log
    Code:
    v1.2.3
    -1.2.2 broke everything in the world so testing this fix out

v1.2.2
    -fixed bug where unix based systems couldn't properly download from custom repos

v1.2.1
    -redbend wasn't being added when you download modems, so it didn't work, fixed
    -repo "admins" are now not restricted to using the pre-made folders in /kitchen and can put whatever path they wish and ACS should properly handle all directories
    -fixed an issue not being able to download certain files....

v1.2
    -fixed issue where program would try to download 2+ files at once if some files were not to be zipped up
    -fixed issue where program would just stop if user had the zip open and it is trying to access said zip. now notifies the user
    -error dialogs for when user selects files to download which would produce duplicate files in zip
    -zappin dem bugs!
    -took out splash screen for now :(

v1.11
    -update script bug fix

v1.1
    -initial implementation of CWM3 edify scripts for Epic (I've been reading they're supposed to work on CWM2, but I haven't had luck on my end, please let me know if you can help)
    -UI is now resizable and easier to work with
    -crappy splash screen
    -internal code changes
    -fixed run.sh script
    -support to copy files to internal sd card

v1.0
    -finished gui changes, no more tabs
    -added menu bar with options option :)
    -couple bug fixes from .9999999

v0.999
    -redesigned gui
    -everything is in form of a repo now (or will be at v1, too lazy to do launchers tonight)
    -added functionality for different phones
    -changed the way the app checks files against the server, should be much more efficient & faster
    -need a new name!

v0.86
    -bug fixes
    -location of system apps (in the options tab) now works

v0.85
    -repo functionality added
    --any devs, feel free to contact me to add a section for your rom/mods/whatever
    --the "repo" is maintained by you and is updated automatically when you update it, no need to recompile the app
    -options tab
    --[COLOR="Red"]new option to specify where you'd like to store apps that would originally go in /system/app[/COLOR] currently may not work, need some script help from a dev to fix this D:
    -download percent for convenience and downloading large files
    -did i mention there's a repo?

v0.7 Beta
    -couple GUI changes to make it prettier
    -new feature to create blank CWM zips for your use, [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10550607&postcount=84"]read more about it here[/URL]

v0.6 Beta
    -improved code to download from online server & error checking
    -added modems

v0.5 Burly Beta
    -Basically rewrote program... 
    --should be more efficient now, too
    -Initial online implementation
    --hopefully my web host can handle the traffic :)
    -icon is missing, after 8 hours of working on 0.5 i'm not going to fix it right now 
    -file size down to less than 150k :cool:

v0.4 ALPHA
    -KERNELS & MODEMS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS UPDATE, SORRY :)
    -TouchWiz Launcher Widgets will not be added along with the launcher
    -added progress bar (along with rewriting some code to make it more efficient)
    -added a rename box, you can now name your .zip whatever you like
    -added more tmobile bloat (sigh)
    -the application will not recognize APKs and files outside of itself, so for instance if you have an APK that you want to add just put it in the corresponding folders. 
    -- for instance my VCK.jar is in folder /vck/, i want to add hi.apk. I could move it to /vck/data/app/hi.apk and when you click generate zip, the program should include it. please contact me if this is unclear or you have questions, this is only a minor feature :)

v0.3 ALHPA
    -Renamed to Vibrant Customization Kitchen (thanks BruceElliot)
    -re-organized tabs a little
    -fixed bug where program would not work properly after generating a zip (thanks jdanisevich)
    -Launchers & Misc tab should work

v0.2 ALPHA
    -Most Vibrant Apps added (missing TMO TV & Media Hub for now)
    -Misc Tab works now (minus GB keyboard, didn't work for me for some reason)

v0.1 ALPHA
    -Initial Release

Current Known Bugs
    -Please report any bugs you may have!
    -If you do encounter a bug, restarting the program and trying again may help.

If you like this Tool, hit the Thank you button!

github - I don't really know what I'm doing with git, but here's my attempt at publishing it

Credits
    -Scrizz - doing the hard work on the modems
    -Heathen - script help
    -everyone who contributes to the repo
    -all ROM devs
    -everyone else in this community who always helps

Media Mentions :D
    XDA Front Page (v0.3)
    Android Spin (v0.4)

i need everyone to test out 1.2.3. windows/linux/osx, everyone. please test it out trying to download Swype from Jdan's repo. if it does not work, please report back
    0.7 out.

1GSk7.png

I want to explain what the "Custom Flashable" is.

A lot of times I need to create a quick flashable, I don't feel like finding an older flashable zip only to change it around. This will create on on the fly.

So say I want to create a quick flashable with a new framework-res.apk. I simply select "system" and click generate zip. Now I have an empty flash.zip with the proper update script. Next I just create the proper folders IN the zip (in this case it would be /system/framework) and put the framework-res.apk in there.

If this isn't clear, please let me know, I will change it. There will be a link to this post in the OP.
    dude what are you waiting for? sounds like credits will poses your name alot in new devs roms! say cheese!
    Sounds awesome, I know a lot of people will find that very useful. Great job so far! My only concern is will you be releasing a new version every time the apps are updated? Or do you intend to have it download the latest versions automatically once you turn it into a client and host the actual files online?

Will this be updated to work with the new CWM? Edify script? If it is already sorry bout the post .:)

Currently in the process of coding this for android. Except it will just install the app for you. It won't create zips but it'll download apps and install them. Still working out some details on how far it will go exactly.