Issue with drivers on Windows 7

Search This thread

scream_clarity

Jun 29, 2010
Ontario
I recently formatted my computer to change it from Windows 8 back to 7 and now when I install Kies or Samsung drivers, they both pick my phone up as a Galaxy Nexus. I have tried redownloading and reinstalling the drivers but it still turns out the same. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

mrevankyle

Jan 5, 2011
Victoria, BC
I recently formatted my computer to change it from Windows 8 back to 7 and now when I install Kies or Samsung drivers, they both pick my phone up as a Galaxy Nexus. I have tried redownloading and reinstalling the drivers but it still turns out the same. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

What rom are you running? Some of them just display the default samsung android phone aka the Nexus

parakleet

Mar 2, 2011
Google Pixel C
Google Pixel 7a

Are you also uninstalling the Nexus device from device manager?

czarboom

Sep 25, 2013
roll back driver

you got one of few issues.
1. Your not the installed admin user on your computer. (each manufacture puts a Hidden Admin account on each computer) its a Dell or Hp etc thing not a Microsoft issue.
To become hidden admin (do this step last if no others work)

2. You need to roll back your drivers and install the ones from the Phone NOT the ones from Windows. So to roll back to starting position or delete them go to this Guide here for Rollback

Next you need to Keep windows from grabbing the Samsung drivers from Windows which can be the issue
Go here for help if you don't know how to do this

3. You need to uninstall and the drivers for the phone, and download the new drivers from Samsung and/or delete the drivers and ALLOW the phone to install them only
To do this go HERE
This above link is to delete the old USB drivers. IT WILL DELETE MOST OF THEM, dont worry the devices will auto load when you put them back into the computer.

IF 2 or 3 DONT work then do step one. Between each step do a rest, and keep all devices of USB unplugged.
Good luck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine ALWAYS displays SGH-I317

Sent from my Note 2 running MEAN MUTHA F'N BEAN????

I was just thinking back to my Captivate days where a lot of roms were ports from the Nexus S and it would often display that when plugged into computers and my brothers S2 would often display as a G Nexus when plugged into a lot of computers