All About Cherry Mobile Flare S (Q360)

Search This thread

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
attachment.php

Flare S (Q360) is an Android-powered smart phone sold by Cherry Mobile, a local brand in the Philippines. Flare S is powered by Mediatek MT6582 Quad-Core SoC (@1.3GHz), partnered with a 1GB RAM and is equipped with a 4.0in IPS screen. Its SRP is 4,499 in Philippine Peso (or approximately US$100.00). Physically, it looks the same as the Xolo A500s or the GSmart Roma R2, but they differ internally (at least in the number of cores and RAM).

There are quite a number of Cherry Mobile Flare S users (in The Philippines), and I thought of putting this thread to post and share my pieces (ROMs, Tools, etc.) for this device.

Attachments

• FlareS.png
    FlareS.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 96,874

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
Helpful Tools

The following apps/tools has been tested and proven to work with Cherry Mobile Flare-S

FlareS Repartion Tool
This can re-size your internal / phone storage. For example, stock internal storage of FlareS is 1gb... and you wished that it could be larger, then you can use this app to increase it... that is by re-partitioning the phone's eMMC chip. Increasing the size of internal storage (partition) however decreases the size of phone storage. This is because the size we're adding to internal storage is taken off from phone storage.

NOTES
  • Your phone needs to be rooted.
  • Make sure you backup of your installed apps, contacts, message, etc. because you pick any of the available partition scheme, otherwise they will be deleted
  • IF YOU SELECTED A PARTITION SCHEME where internal is lower than your current (i.e. current:2.7gb, chosen:1.5gb), the recovery may not properly format your phone storage. Android may also not mount it properly. In that case, you need to install again the APK file, and select "Format phone storage..." to fix it.

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. BACKUP (see NOTES)
  2. download the file
  3. install APK in your phone
  4. run the newly installed APK
  5. select the desired partition scheme
  6. reboot to recovery and do factory reset/wipe (/cache and /data)
  7. RESTORE

DOWNLOAD LINK

attachment.php

THANKS TO

FlareS Recovery Installer
This app can be used to install TWRP for FlareS, CWM for FlareS or FlareS Stock Recovery. There's no need to download a separate recovery file. Its all in this app.

NOTES
  • Ignore the V5 and V7 warnings. It should work from V5 to V9 of FlareS

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Download thes APK file
  2. Install in your FlareS
  3. Once installed, launce the app "FlareS Recovery Installer"
  4. Tap the recovery of your choice from the set of buttons
  5. Install
  6. Reboot to recovery to test

DOWNLOAD LINK

attachment.php

THANKS TO
  • TeamWin
  • ClockWorkMod
  • Android Open Source Comunity

Attachments

• repartition_tool.png
    repartition_tool.png
    183.3 KB · Views: 95,433
  • recovery_installer_tool.png
    recovery_installer_tool.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 94,869
Last edited:

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
MIUI ROM for FlareS

MIUI V5 for Flare-S (dev ver. 4.2.7)
  • Flashable via TWRP/CWMR
  • Almost stock MIUI (minimal, unnoticeable tweaks done, removed few apps that won't work i.e. Compass)
  • Ported from G'Five A800 (I'll try to provide delta updates as well when A800 gets an update)
  • Should work with any version of Flare S
  • Google PlayStore included

NOTES
  • MIUI is rooted, but disabled by default. To enable ROOT, find the Security icon from your home screen and launch it. Tap "Permissions", and enable "ROOT Permission"
  • when you mount the storage via USB, make sure you unmount it properly (by turning it OFF from Notification bar), otherwise it will not remount and you would need to restart your phone. IT DOESN'T happen all the time, but you may encounter it
  • Incremental updates are being installed via TWRP/CWMR as well, and MUST follow the right sequence
  • There's an item called "Notification light" in Settings. Kindly just ignore it, I don't have the time to remove it
  • Storage can be swap by turning ON "change default memory" in "Stock Settings" in "Settings"

HOW TO INSTALL
  1. Download the flashable zip file (and Google Apps - if you need it)
  2. Install ROM (flash via TWRP/CWMR)
  3. If you're existing ROM is not MIUI based, do factory wipe (cache and data wipe)

INCREMENTAL UPDATE(S)
  • -
  • -

MIUI THEMES
  • You can download themes using MIUI Theme (Manager) app (requires xiaomi account to download)
  • You can also download themes manually from the themes collection thread @ miui.com
  • When applying MIUI theme, you need a xiaomi and you need to be connected to the internet

To install and use manually downloaded themes
  1. Save the downloaded theme to your sdcard
  2. Open Theme app
  3. Press "menu" (cap. button)
  4. Select "Import from SD"
  5. Select the theme to be imported
  6. Wait for the import to finish
  7. Tap the newly imported theme
  8. Tap Apply (requires internet connection and xiaomi account, for verification)

DOWNLOADS (Kindly not mirror these files somewhere else without my knowledge/permission)

attachment.php

THANKS TO
  • our Creator
  • MIUI devs
  • hasz@miui.com (for his MIUI port for G'Five A800)
  • Lens_Flare@miui (for his miui porting guide)
  • xda-devs

Attachments

• FlareS_MIUI_4.1.24.jpg
    FlareS_MIUI_4.1.24.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 93,981
Last edited:

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
Lewa OS5 for Flare S

LewaOS V5 for CM Flare S
  • Ported from Lenovo a850 ROM from a Chinese Website
  • Should work in all version of Flare S (v5, v7, v8, v9)
  • Rooted (SuperSU included)
  • Google Apps not included in the ROM (download and install it separately if you need it)

NOTES
  • If you need wifi tethering, this ROM is not for you

HOW TO INSTALL
  3. Install Google Apps (if you need it) (flash via TWRP/CWMR)
  4. Do factory wipe (cache and data wipe)

DOWNLOADS (Kindly not mirror these files somewhere else without my knowledge/permission)

BUGS
  1. Intermittently working wifi tethering

attachment.php

THANKS TO

Attachments

• FlareS_LewaOS5.jpg
    FlareS_LewaOS5.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 97,181
Last edited:

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
FlareS Genesis ROM (v1.2)

This is a simply debloated stock ROM (v9.1)

Features
  • init.d support enabled
  • zram (compcache) enabled (see compcache/zram at wikipedia)
  • zipalign on the fly (for newly installed apps)
  • Seeder (2.0)
  • Rooted (no SuperSU apk. just get it from PlayStore)
  • busybox with symlinks
  • debloated (only essential apps remained)
  • deodexed
  • zipaligned
  • Google boot logo and animation (Pure Google)
  • JB keyboard with swipe
  • All partitions are in factory config (i.e. not swapped, nor re-sized)

There are no performance tweaks done, as its intention is to become the baseline for ROM porting.

Debloated - removed apps that are optional
  • removed CM apps and bundled apps
  • removed Google apps that can be downloaded from PlayStore (Map, G+, Calendar, Notes, Voice Search, etc.)
  • remained are essential apps, enough to properly run FlareS.

THANKS TO
  • our Creator
  • Android Open Source Community
  • xda-devs

Last edited:

lynx_kings

Mar 30, 2012
Why don't you post this thread on cherry mobile flare s group? Para marami makaexperience ng rom mo..

ng0tkul4

Feb 4, 2013
Makati
Why don't you post this thread on cherry mobile flare s group? Para marami makaexperience ng rom mo..

sir @lynx_kings, medio hectec sched ko now dahil two concurrent projects hawak ko :(

baka hindi ako makasagot sa mga inquiries ng group members... baka mamura or matarayan pa ako sa PM.

kaya dito na lang muna.

but please feel free to post it there. Just use the same download links.

Thanks for understanding.

PS: somebody asked if he can post this to the group last night. not sure if he did.

Last edited:

lynx_kings

Mar 30, 2012
sir @lynx_kings, medio hectec sched ko now dahil two concurrent projects hawak ko :(

baka hindi ako makasagot sa mga inquiries ng group members... baka mamura or matarayan pa ako sa PM.

kaya dito na lang muna.

Sayang kasi ang Rom mo mahusay naman ang mga gawa, give me permission to post your rom, if they have inquiry they should ask here in xda not in facebook.. Nakapost na yung MIUI sa group diba, yung Lewa na lang ang wala, marami ang naghahanap dun e..

lynx_kings

Mar 30, 2012
Lewa rom, have bugs on notification scroll down. It doesnt show up..

edit: already fixed it, reflashed the rom and boot system first. settle down for a while then flashed the gapps.. okey na! :)

Last edited:

lynx_kings

Mar 30, 2012

kaya dito na lang muna.

PS: somebody asked if he can post this to the group last night. not sure if he did.

I think someone posted it there, Im not sure if it was deleted. I posted your rom link, told everyone to post their concerns here and be patient..

awerqw22

Aug 23, 2012
bugs?

updated MIUI v5 for FlareS to 4.2.7

may narereceive po akong "mediatekdata has stopped"

tas force close naman ang settings kapag papalitan mo ng mga ringtone sa AUDIO PROFILES

lastly , minsan ayaw gumana ng wifi although connected naman . need pa ireboot habang nakaconnect sa wifi para makapagbrowse

ghost0815

Oct 30, 2006
Cebu

Features
  • init.d support enabled
  • Seeder (2.0)
  • busybox with symlinks
  • deodexed
  • zipaligned
  • JB keyboard with swipe

There are no performance tweaks done, as its intention is to become the baseline for ROM porting.

• removed Google apps that can be downloaded from PlayStore (Map, G+, Calendar, Notes, Voice Search, etc.)

THANKS TO
  • our Creator
  • xda-devs

Sir do you have a Stock ROM v9.1 clean/untouched/unrooted that you can share a link for? Thanks.

aperture

Feb 23, 2007

Features
  • init.d support enabled
  • Seeder (2.0)
  • busybox with symlinks
  • deodexed
  • zipaligned
  • JB keyboard with swipe

THANKS TO
  • our Creator
  • xda-devs

@ng0tkul4

Thank you very much for this ROM.
I'm using this right now because I was having some issues with the removal of Vroot.
I just bought my Flare S last Thursday Feb 20 so far I'm happy with it. :)
Do you happen to know if there's gonna be a fix for the touch bug?

Reactions: iamkebinavila

ghost0815

Oct 30, 2006
Cebu
What kind of problems were you having with VRoot? Because thats exactly what I also have. Installng this ROM does it unroot your device back to normal?

Sent from my Q360 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aperture

Feb 23, 2007
What kind of problems were you having with VRoot? Because thats exactly what I also have. Installng this ROM does it unroot your device back to normal?

Sent from my Q360 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I was having a hard time replacing the Vroot Superuser.apk in /system/app/ folder. It's not letting set the permission to rw. Supersu always fails to uninstall it. Even if i delete the vroot superuser app it keeps on coming back.
The ROM above is a stripped of version of v9.1 rom and its rooted by default. So installing nalang ang supersu. I like this rom better. :)

Sent from my Q360 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Flare S (Q360) is an Android-powered smart phone sold by Cherry Mobile, a local brand in the Philippines. Flare S is powered by Mediatek MT6582 Quad-Core SoC (@1.3GHz), partnered with a 1GB RAM and is equipped with a 4.0in IPS screen. Its SRP is 4,499 in Philippine Peso (or approximately US$100.00). Physically, it looks the same as the Xolo A500s or the GSmart Roma R2, but they differ internally (at least in the number of cores and RAM).

There are quite a number of Cherry Mobile Flare S users (in The Philippines), and I thought of putting this thread to post and share my pieces (ROMs, Tools, etc.) for this device.
    FlareS Genesis ROM (v1.2)

Features
    • init.d support enabled
    • Seeder (2.0)
    • busybox with symlinks
    • deodexed
    • zipaligned
    • JB keyboard with swipe

THANKS TO
    • our Creator
    • xda-devs
    MIUI ROM for FlareS

MIUI V5 for Flare-S (dev ver. 4.2.7)
    • Almost stock MIUI (minimal, unnoticeable tweaks done, removed few apps that won't work i.e. Compass)
    • Ported from G'Five A800 (I'll try to provide delta updates as well when A800 gets an update)
    • Should work with any version of Flare S
    • Google PlayStore included

NOTES
    • MIUI is rooted, but disabled by default. To enable ROOT, find the Security icon from your home screen and launch it. Tap "Permissions", and enable "ROOT Permission"
    • when you mount the storage via USB, make sure you unmount it properly (by turning it OFF from Notification bar), otherwise it will not remount and you would need to restart your phone. IT DOESN'T happen all the time, but you may encounter it
    • Incremental updates are being installed via TWRP/CWMR as well, and MUST follow the right sequence
    • There's an item called "Notification light" in Settings. Kindly just ignore it, I don't have the time to remove it
    • Storage can be swap by turning ON "change default memory" in "Stock Settings" in "Settings"

HOW TO INSTALL
    3. If you're existing ROM is not MIUI based, do factory wipe (cache and data wipe)

INCREMENTAL UPDATE(S)
    • -
    • -

MIUI THEMES
    • You can download themes using MIUI Theme (Manager) app (requires xiaomi account to download)
    • You can also download themes manually from the themes collection thread @ miui.com
    • When applying MIUI theme, you need a xiaomi and you need to be connected to the internet

To install and use manually downloaded themes
    1. Save the downloaded theme to your sdcard
    2. Open Theme app
    3. Press "menu" (cap. button)
    4. Select "Import from SD"
    5. Select the theme to be imported
    6. Wait for the import to finish
    7. Tap the newly imported theme
    8. Tap Apply (requires internet connection and xiaomi account, for verification)

attachment.php

THANKS TO
    • our Creator
    • MIUI devs
    • hasz@miui.com (for his MIUI port for G'Five A800)
    • Lens_Flare@miui (for his miui porting guide)
    • xda-devs
    Lewa OS5 for Flare S

LewaOS V5 for CM Flare S
    • Ported from Lenovo a850 ROM from a Chinese Website
    • Should work in all version of Flare S (v5, v7, v8, v9)
    • Rooted (SuperSU included)
    • Google Apps not included in the ROM (download and install it separately if you need it)

NOTES
    • If you need wifi tethering, this ROM is not for you

HOW TO INSTALL
    3. Install Google Apps (if you need it) (flash via TWRP/CWMR)
    4. Do factory wipe (cache and data wipe)

BUGS
    1. Intermittently working wifi tethering

attachment.php

THANKS TO
    Helpful Tools

The following apps/tools has been tested and proven to work with Cherry Mobile Flare-S

FlareS Repartion Tool
    This can re-size your internal / phone storage. For example, stock internal storage of FlareS is 1gb... and you wished that it could be larger, then you can use this app to increase it... that is by re-partitioning the phone's eMMC chip. Increasing the size of internal storage (partition) however decreases the size of phone storage. This is because the size we're adding to internal storage is taken off from phone storage.

NOTES
    • Make sure you backup of your installed apps, contacts, message, etc. because you pick any of the available partition scheme, otherwise they will be deleted
    • IF YOU SELECTED A PARTITION SCHEME where internal is lower than your current (i.e. current:2.7gb, chosen:1.5gb), the recovery may not properly format your phone storage. Android may also not mount it properly. In that case, you need to install again the APK file, and select "Format phone storage..." to fix it.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. BACKUP (see NOTES)
    2. download the file
    3. install APK in your phone
    4. run the newly installed APK
    5. select the desired partition scheme
    6. reboot to recovery and do factory reset/wipe (/cache and /data)
    7. RESTORE

DOWNLOAD LINK

attachment.php

THANKS TO

FlareS Recovery Installer
    This app can be used to install TWRP for FlareS, CWM for FlareS or FlareS Stock Recovery. There's no need to download a separate recovery file. Its all in this app.

NOTES
    • Ignore the V5 and V7 warnings. It should work from V5 to V9 of FlareS

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Download thes APK file
    2. Install in your FlareS
    3. Once installed, launce the app "FlareS Recovery Installer"
    4. Tap the recovery of your choice from the set of buttons
    5. Install
    6. Reboot to recovery to test

DOWNLOAD LINK

attachment.php