[CM/AOSP P76*] ExperiencedKernel v4 //3.0.101 //850 MB ram //P760, P765, P768

Search This thread

leolawliet

Aug 7, 2011
New York, NY
www.facebook.com
I may try v3 on my P769 running PACrom 4.3.1. How would I go about obtaining a logcat & dmesg if it hangs on boot? Sorry I'm really not very familiar with logcatting.

Sent from my LG Optimus L9 running PenberRom5 using Tapatalk 2

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011
Here is the log i get on CM10.1.3 on my P768 (clean install)

Which version of the kernel did you install? Because either your sdcard is buggy, or there is a conflict between emulated internal sd and non emulated. Because as far as I read the log and search for errors, I can only see coniflicts with mountings / the sd card. So maybe try both versions, the one that flashes the complete boot.img and the one that only flashes the zImage. And report back, if it worked and if yes, with which one.

Reactions: mato_d007

mato_d007

Feb 24, 2012
San Luis
Which version of the kernel did you install? Because either your sdcard is buggy, or there is a conflict between emulated internal sd and non emulated. Because as far as I read the log and search for errors, I can only see coniflicts with mountings / the sd card. So maybe try both versions, the one that flashes the complete boot.img and the one that only flashes the zImage. And report back, if it worked and if yes, with which one.

I installed the V3 and V2 and in both i got the same log. But i think you are right about the sd card, im using an old 2gb spare sd card that haves a lot of problems, i frequently get corrupted files (LOST.DIR gets a lot of files) and if i use FAT32 it will randomly fail, so i use it with FAT. Its a very old card, so it totally could be the culprit. I will try to flash the kernel (both versions as you suggested) without the SD card and report, thanks.

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011
I installed the V3 and V2 and in both i got the same log. But i think you are right about the sd card, im using an old 2gb spare sd card that haves a lot of problems, i frequently get corrupted files (LOST.DIR gets a lot of files) and if i use FAT32 it will randomly fail, so i use it with FAT. Its a very old card, so it totally could be the culprit. I will try to flash the kernel (both versions as you suggested) without the SD card and report, thanks.

you should install v1 then. Might be a conflict with the ramdisk.
It's like you install the zImage (from this kernel) that tells your device: Do not use sd card emulation!
and on the other hand you still have a ramdisk saying: MOUNT that SD card no matter what!

Which of course causes a conflict. (at least that's what I suspect right now :D)

Let's see if you get it working.

noob.gamer

Apr 21, 2013
Bhubaneswar

Attachments

• 20131113_221330.jpg
    20131113_221330.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 207
Well, the problem arises on P765 and other variants except the P760.

Sent from my LG-P765 using Tapatalk

It isn't true, I have P760 and I've the problem too.

I think is a problem related to the volt of some frequencies on boot. Some kernel give me this problem, for example mike kernel based on AOSP give me this issue. Any kernel from Mateo doesn't give me this issue. If artas create kernel that boot at 1008 mhz at 1375 mV I think in my smartphone work good and then I can change fequency and voltage after boot and adapt to my hardware requirements because not all proc can reach same frequency at same voltage and should crash with some settings.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand me ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.
    I would like to show new branch of ExperiencedKernel. It's for AOSP, CM, AOSP and CM based roms (tested on official CM 10.2, AOSP by @mikegapinski and MIUi based on this AOSP) It's based on CM kernel, updated to 3.0.101. It has new functions, tweaks and it's more battery-friendly. It's for P760, P765, P768 (untested).

You will need:
    -AOSP, CM, AOSP and CM based roms (tested on official CM 10.2, AOSP by @mikegapinski ,MIUI based on this AOSP, AOSPA). Should work also on CM-10.1, AOSP 4.4 and many other roms (not stock rom).
    -CWM recovery (recommended my version)
    -Unlocked bootloader

Installation:
    -Boot to CWM
    -Backup your rom
    -Flash zip
    -Wipe cache and dalvik-cache

Features:
    1. Based on CM kernel updated to 3.0.101
    2. You can change CPU freq and voltage table (you need my modules zip before)
    3. More battery-friendly than other kernels
    4. You can control GPU freq (to 416 Mhz)
    5. Sio and row i/o sched
    6. Backported interactive, android drivers from 3.4 kernel
    7. Dynamic fsync option
    8. Soundcontrol option
    9. Many tweaks
    10. Ramhack to 850 Mb ram (more stable than 860 Mb)
    11. Added screen off max freq
    12. Smartflex disabled for more stability
    13. More ram free
    14. Touchscreen tweaked
    15. Enabled all avilable TCP alghoritms (westwood is default)
    16. Wifi power mode control
    17. CPU Topology added
    18. New governors (smartassV2, pegasusq, wheatley, interactivex and tweaked interactive)

Some guides:

Changing freq and voltage table

You need to flash modules (you can find in download section). Recommended is to have init.d support (Cyanogenmod has it, aosp not)
    Create script file or type in terminal. Example lines:

Code:
    echo 0 192 890 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
    echo 1 300 930 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
    echo 2 420 995 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
    echo 3 610 1060 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
    echo 4 720 1090 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
    echo 5 800 1150 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
    echo 6 920 1200 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
    echo 7 1200 1310 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu

Sound Control (volume boost on headphones):

echo i > /sys/devices/virtual/misc/soundcontrol/volume_boost

Replace i with 0-1 of your choice.

wifi_pm:

echo 1 > /sys/module/bcmdhd/parameters/wifi_pm - to enable
    echo 0 > /sys/module/bcmdhd/parameters/wifi_pm - to disable

TCP Congestion Algorithm interface

To check all the available options:
    sysctl net.ipv4.tcp_available_congestion_control

To change to other option:
    sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control=NAME_OF_THE_ALGORITHM

All other tweaks are avilable in Trickster MOD (you can download from play store)

About lags
    This kernel can be a bit laggy, because it tuned it for power saving mode. If you want to get more performance switch governor to other.

This kernel is compatible with: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bigeyes0x0.trickstermod . You can control options above with this app. It has also more options which this kernel support (ex. screen off max freq, dynamic fsync). I reccomend to use this app. Only 2 small bugs with this app. Sound control . Use only 0 or 1 option. 2 and 3 option don't work. GPU OC (when you choose last option 512 Mhz it sets gpu to 416 Mhz).

Download: http://artas182x.you2.pl/android-projects/experiencedkernel-series/experiencedkernel-for-cm-and-aosp/

Source: https://github.com/artas182x/lge-kernel-omap4.git

Thanks to: @franciscofranco @Ezekeel

Changelog:

v4
    -Smartflex disabled, caused kernel panic for some people
    -Lowered voltages and replaced 410 Mhz step with 520 Mhz
    -Better linaro flags
    -Interactive gov tweaked

v3
    -Disabled gamma table
    -Updated linux kernel to 3.0.101
    -Lowered some voltages
    -Added 420 Mhz and 720 Mhz step
    -New tweaks
    -Less battery drain by screen

v2
    -Better compability. CWM zip flashes only zimage not ramdisk. For example in some roms where is disabled internal sd, kernel work ok now!
    -Added GPU oc up to 416 MHz (before 384 MHz). You can control through Trickster mod. More about above.
    -CPU OC modules aren't included with kernel. You can flash it. Recommended is init.d support in rom.
    ExperiencedKernel CM/AOSP v4 released! Some kernel panic fixes (need to test it, users which had kernel panic, please test this build), lowered voltages.

Changelog:

v4

-Smartflex disabled, caused kernel panic
    -Lowered voltages and replaced 410 Mhz step with 520 Mhz
    -Better linaro flags
    -Interactive gov tweaked
    ExperiencedKernel V3 released!

Changelog:
    v3
    -Disabled gamma table
    -Lowered some voltages
    -New tweaks
    ExperiencedKernel V3

ExperiencedKernel V3 released!

Changelog:
    v3
    -Disabled gamma table
    -Lowered some voltages
    -New tweaks
    ExperiencedKernel v2 is up!

ExperiencedKernel v2 is up!

Changelog:
    v2
    -Better compability. CWM zip flashes only zimage not ramdisk. For example in some roms where is disabled internal sd, kernel work ok now!
    -Added GPU oc up to 416 MHz (before 384 MHz). You can control through Trickster mod. More about in above.
    -CPU OC modules aren't included with kernel. You can flash it. Recommended is init.d support in rom.

I flashed this kernel on Paranoid Android and it hanged on boot so I guess it's not compatible with pa.

Now it works with PA!