[Q] how to root lenovo A390

Search This thread

ALIKSUN

Aug 3, 2010
up.. hope somebody will make a rooting tutorial for this phone.. and also a jb custom rom.. thanks in advance

ne10890

Jul 31, 2013
no way to get a390 rooted

hi! i'm trying to root and setup a recovery on this phone but i cannot do it...

tried with no luck:
- scoutdriver73's method: sp flash tool hint me that it can download only a full image
- root with recovery method: script doesn't recognize when i confirm on smartphone for the reset, same for root option in mtk droid tools
- this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2332783 for extract boot.img and recovery.img and fix root permission with mtk droid tool, i get this error: 0 [main] gzip 4324 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer when i load my recovery.img on mtk tool.

i noticed there is a size difference between TWRP img i downloaded from web (5640Kb) and the one i extrated directly from phone (6144kb)

any suggest?

thanks

nairmayukh

Nov 19, 2013
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
(LATE REPLY) This is how I rooted my a390

I noticed the post is 10 months ago, but I'm replying right now because there may be other users hunting for root solutions for this device.

How to root your Lenovo a390:

1. Download Framaroot: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276
Framaroot is an Android app created by XDA user alephzain. It allows you to root your device directly from your Android device-please click on link above to view full compatibility list. Download and Install this app. If it says "Installation blocked", go to your phone's Settings>Security and tick the "Unknown Sources" box. (Believe me, there are n00bs :p )

2. Open Framaroot. For the a390, there is only one exploit-Boromir, since it's a Mediatek powered device. Select Boromir.

3. Now you see two buttons: Install Superuser and Install SuperSU. You need to select only one of them. Framaroot will then root your device and install Superuser/SuperSU. (Superuser/SuperSU are apps which control root operations on your device ie. ensure no app uses root features without your permission-it is a MUST.)

The choice is up to you, but I'd recommend Superuser since it's like the Industry standard of rooted Android phones.

4. Reboot your phone. You'll find Superuser installed. Open it, swipe from left to right to access Superuser settings. The su binary is outdated and it'll appear in a red font. Tap it to update su binary.

This is proof enough that your phone is rooted, but if you really need to see, here's one more step.

5. Install Root checker from Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck
Run this app, and if your phone is rooted, Superuser will come up automatically asking you whether Root Checker should be granted permission- press Yes and root Checker will deliver the result.

That's it-congratulations, you've rooted your a390 without any pain. Now you can flash a recovery, install Busybox, overclock your phone, get rid of the dumb apps Lenovo has included with the a390.... Enjoy! :laugh:

Reactions: Gowthamkmk7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (LATE REPLY) This is how I rooted my a390

I noticed the post is 10 months ago, but I'm replying right now because there may be other users hunting for root solutions for this device.

How to root your Lenovo a390:

1. Download Framaroot: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276
    Framaroot is an Android app created by XDA user alephzain. It allows you to root your device directly from your Android device-please click on link above to view full compatibility list. Download and Install this app. If it says "Installation blocked", go to your phone's Settings>Security and tick the "Unknown Sources" box. (Believe me, there are n00bs :p )

2. Open Framaroot. For the a390, there is only one exploit-Boromir, since it's a Mediatek powered device. Select Boromir.

3. Now you see two buttons: Install Superuser and Install SuperSU. You need to select only one of them. Framaroot will then root your device and install Superuser/SuperSU. (Superuser/SuperSU are apps which control root operations on your device ie. ensure no app uses root features without your permission-it is a MUST.)

The choice is up to you, but I'd recommend Superuser since it's like the Industry standard of rooted Android phones.

4. Reboot your phone. You'll find Superuser installed. Open it, swipe from left to right to access Superuser settings. The su binary is outdated and it'll appear in a red font. Tap it to update su binary.

This is proof enough that your phone is rooted, but if you really need to see, here's one more step.

5. Install Root checker from Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck
    Run this app, and if your phone is rooted, Superuser will come up automatically asking you whether Root Checker should be granted permission- press Yes and root Checker will deliver the result.

That's it-congratulations, you've rooted your a390 without any pain. Now you can flash a recovery, install Busybox, overclock your phone, get rid of the dumb apps Lenovo has included with the a390.... Enjoy! :laugh: