S-ON again after AlphaRevx instructions

Search This thread

seagerfreak

Dec 13, 2009
i'm getting this error

C:\Users\SeaGer\Desktop\fastboot>fastboot oem mb 9C068490 1 30
... INFO[ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY

C:\Users\SeaGer\Desktop\fastboot>fastboot flash hboot hboot_buzz_7225_1.01.0001.
nb0
sending 'hboot' (512 KB)... OKAY
writing 'hboot'... INFOsignature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)

Uextreme197

Mar 2, 2013
Birmingham
Follow the instructions properly without key mistakes happened to me soo it could have happened to you to
Hope that helps

Uex needs thanks now!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For maybe some more like me that want to go back to what it use to be with the hboot S-OFF, S-ON issue.

I had my phone S-OFF with alpharevx beta. Used CM7 -stable for couple days but decided i wanted to go back to all original. I first RUU my phone with the RUU_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.1_Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10_release_160191_signed.exe file. Boot it up, made sured it runs, then did what is instructed below here;

To be able to do this you need HTC USB drivers installed. Install the HTC pakage, reboot, uninstall the HTC-

Sync software, keep the drivers! reboot PC again.

Power off your phone. Plug in your USB cable to phone. Press volume down and powerup your phone. After it

settle navigate down and choose fastboot option.

1. Unpack these files to your c:\fastboot
    2. Open up your windows command promt (WinVista/7 users rightclick choose run as Administrator)
    3. in command promt type CD\ then press enter
    4. then your should be in C:\
    5. type cd fastboot
    6. then you should now be in dir C:\fastboot
    7. Im bored to death typing, look below. Beware of each command ends with enter. After success, reboot.

C:\fastboot>fastboot oem mb 9C068490 1 30
    ... OKAY

C:\fastboot>fastboot flash hboot hboot_buzz_7225_1.01.0001.nb0
    sending 'hboot' (512 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'hboot'... OKAY

Files needed (Windows version): megaupload.com/?d=UO9L74I9
    Works perfectly for me.

* NOTE: Im not responsible for your phone if you brick/kill it. These steps worked for me!
    ok im the frist to try relocked my hboot and keeping clockwork recovery it recovery still flashes roms wipes phone still boots and rooted but if i copy anything to system it it wont let me add anything if i do all the memory on system is droped

Sent from my Blade using XDA App

The S flag is there to prevent you from damaging your phone by messing around with its system partition when the phone is on, NOT when it is off or in recovery mode!!!
    That's the OTA Update for 1.25.720.1. First install the 1.25.720.1 EXE RUU (Available at Shipped ROMs), then you can apply that ZIP from the Stock Recovery, by renaming it as update.zip.
    How to remove clockworkmod and install stock one? Im searching everywhere, but cant find anything.

There are two ways to achieve this:

1: Flash an RUU. It will restore your Stock Recovery

2: Incase you don't want to flash an RUU, download an RUU, extract its ROM.zip (Video Guide here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbfbcsvZa6E)

Once you get the ROM.zip, extract the Recovery.img file from it, then flash it via Fastboot. The procedure to do that remains the same as described in the first post, with the following changes:

- You place the recovery.img file in the folder called fastboot
    - Instead of 2 commands, you just have to use 1 command : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

This will again restore the Stock Recovery.

NOTE - Method 2 needs the AlphaRev / Revolutionary S-OFF HBoot. Incase you have removed it already, then you will have to flash the RUU.