[APP] Fotolio

Search This thread

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
I have an app on the Android market that a user reported having issue with on the Acer Iconia A500 tab. Can one of you please take the time to install the app and try to reproduce the error while accessing external USB and provide the logcat? I would greatly appreciate your help!

The app is called Fotolio and is available on the Android market at Fotolio

The app development is tracked in this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1445754

App ScreenShots

FotolioSS2.jpg

FotolioSS1.jpg

Fotolio%20Market%20V1%20SS6.jpg

Fotolio%20Market%20V1%20SS7.jpg

Fotolio%20Market%20V1%20SS8.jpg

Fotolio%20Market%20V1%20SS9.jpg

Last edited:

niabi

May 3, 2008
I have an app on the Android market that a user reported having issue with on the Acer Iconia A500 tab. Can one of you please take the time to install the app and try to reproduce the error while accessing external USB and provide the logcat? I would greatly appreciate your help!

The app development is tracked in this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1445754

great app!!! it crashes if you select USB storage without any USB plugged in otherwise it works great!!!

Reactions: Apachi2k

bytemehard

May 3, 2011
smalltown
I installed the app on an A500 with stock rooted 3.2.1 rom and it
FCs every time......Probably something on my end

attached logcat

Edit....V1.0.3

Attachments

• alogcat.2012-02-23-12-03-15-0500.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
I installed the app on an A500 with stock rooted 3.2.1 rom and it
FCs every time......Probably something on my end

attached logcat

Thank you for this information. I will try to fix this for you tonight. Most of these issues are only on specific devices that I do not own and that is why is gets hard to troubleshoot. If you don't mind, please message me your email that way I can have you test it before releasing it to the public.

bytemehard

May 3, 2011
smalltown
Installed V1.0.4 Runs fine and accessed the 32gig usb thumb drive just fine.

In my opinion if you support .tiff and .raw you would have my full attention even with a no frills version. Do you think that is possible?

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
Installed V1.0.4 Runs fine and accessed the 32gig usb thumb drive just fine.

In my opinion if you support .tiff and .raw you would have my full attention even with a no frills version. Do you think that is possible?

That is beyond my capabilities. I am using the code that google provides to decode pictures and unfortunately, raw and tiff processing is a whole new game. I may make the app open source at some point and hopefully better developers will show interest and add advanced functionality.

bytemehard

May 3, 2011
smalltown
Pali,
On further testing V1.0.4 it would crash while viewing a folder of about 15 jpegs on the external SD card.
The crash is repeatable every time and happens randomly with different pictures.
They are between 1 and 5mb each. The screen goes black and wont exit out using home or back button for several long seconds. When I re-open the app the screen just is black again and twice would not exit at all and had to reboot machine.
attached alog

edit- The crashes happened while using the alternate portfolio view.......it may have something to do with thumbnail rendering because now it is not crashing, but the preview thumbs on the left side are just blank(gray)

Attachments

• alogcat.2012-02-25-16-43-08-0500.txt
    73.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
Pali,
On further testing V1.0.4 it would crash while viewing a folder of about 15 jpegs on the external SD card.
The crash is repeatable every time and happens randomly with different pictures.
They are between 1 and 5mb each. The screen goes black and wont exit out using home or back button for several long seconds. When I re-open the app the screen just is black again and twice would not exit at all and had to reboot machine.
attached alog

edit- The crashes happened while using the alternate portfolio view.......it may have something to do with thumbnail rendering because now it is not crashing, but the preview thumbs on the left side are just blank(gray)

Interesting. Are you using the market version or the one I emailed to you? Try the market version and see if it works any better. If it still crashes, I will send you a new version soon.

bytemehard

May 3, 2011
smalltown
Uninstalled v.1.0.4 - rebooted - installed V1.0.5 - went to settings and cleared data-
Results were much better. It still crashes or FCs if I choose one thumbnail to the next very quickly, but thats not a normal thing to do. The Thumbs still grayed out only after a short use. Tried clearing data and force closing from tablet settings and still no thumbs preview. Rebooted and thumbs preview are back. After reboot another random FC while choosing a folder. Restarted the program and a black screen - had to hit home button twice to exit. From tablet settings force closed app and it then opened normally again.

2 Logs and pics of grayed out thumbs attached

Attachments

• alogcat.2012-02-25-19-46-55-0500.txt
    41 KB · Views: 3
  • 20120225200839.jpg
    20120225200839.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 20120225201208.jpg
    20120225201208.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 97
  • alogcat.2012-02-25-20-42-42-0500.txt
    79 KB · Views: 2

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
Uninstalled v.1.0.4 - rebooted - installed V1.0.5 - went to settings and cleared data-
Results were much better. It still crashes or FCs if I choose one thumbnail to the next very quickly, but thats not a normal thing to do. The Thumbs still grayed out only after a short use. Tried clearing data and force closing from tablet settings and still no thumbs preview. Rebooted and thumbs preview are back. After reboot another random FC while choosing a folder. Restarted the program and a black screen - had to hit home button twice to exit. From tablet settings force closed app and it then opened normally again.

2 Logs and pics of grayed out thumbs attached

This one is really puzzling me because your device is running out of memory and there seems to be some sort of memory leak. I tested v1.0.5 on my Xoom with a folder with 20 images of 21mp (~10-15 mb files) and it worked fine and the memory never became an issue.

Are the pictures in PNG or JPEG format? Any chance you can share these pictures so that I can try to reproduce this error on my side?

I'll keep trying to look for what could be happening but trying to look for memory leak (if there is any) might take a while.

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
Here is an update from the Xoom thread for those who are tracking this app in this post. This version attempts to fix the force close with empty USB Storage - can someone please try and confirm if the fix works?

------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent a good bit effort cleaning up this app and many new features are being implemented in parallel and I hope to release an exciting feature packed version soon. One of the features that I spent several days on was multi-touch zoom and I just couldn't get it right. After giving up, I decided on an alternate approach for multi-touch zoom that I think works very well and I hope you'll like it's simplicity and use. You can open any image in your favorite image viewer (I recommend the built in Gallery) by long pressing the image thumbnails. This will give you zoom ability without the feel of leaving the main application. Press back button and you'll be back to where you started :)

Please, please, please test this thoroughly and let me know if you get any issues. I have made the mistake of releasing new version too quickly to the market and introduced many force close issue. I appreciate everyone's support for this app - it has become much bigger than I originally anticipated with almost 1000 downloads as of this post.

Any most importantly, please show your support for this app by rating it the Android Market! Rating and your feedback is my only motivation to keep working on this application.

EDIT 2/27/12 - V1.0.5 BETA Update Fotolio 1.0.5 - BETA
-> Long press on thumbnails to allow multi-touch zoom gestures
-> Better memory management for large images
-> Cleaned up descriptions
-> Several new code changes for new features that will come soon

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
I need a few dedicated testers who are willing to test and provide detailed feedback (including logcats) on the next version. I am introducing two major features that have never been tested before and need your help trying to break the app

If interested, please PM me your email and what devices you have.

gelf

Sep 25, 2007
Adelaide
I had a little play very nice app, I am using a acer iconia a500,it crashed when changing portfolio views and left me with a black screen. What seemed to fix it for me was removing the '.' files that the Mac created when i made the folder of images. Has worked great ever since.

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
New beta is up for everyone to try - please let me know what you think. I added the section below in the main thread under Motorola Xoom.

EDIT 3/21/12 - V1.2 Beta Update FotolioV1.2-Beta.apk
-> Major rework all around the app
-> New scrolling view
-> Added muti Fotolio functionality with some eye candy!
-> Other things that you'll see when you play around :)

Please test and give me your feedback. I would like to get this on the market soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

App ScreenShots

FotolioSS2.jpg

FotolioSS1.jpg

Fotolio%20Market%20V1%20SS6.jpg

Fotolio%20Market%20V1%20SS7.jpg

Fotolio%20Market%20V1%20SS8.jpg

Fotolio%20Market%20V1%20SS9.jpg
    Just pushed the new version to Android market - Thanks blazingwolf!

Added the following to the OP:

EDIT 7/04/12 - V1.2.3 BETA - Multi-touch + Much More Fotolio Android Market
    V1.2.3 - Added pinch zoom (long press image to activate)
    V1.2.3 - App now rotates from Landscape to Portrait
    V1.2.3 - Added preferences menu options for personalizing UI
    V1.2.3 - As requested, options to select SlideShow speed
    V1.2.3 - Updated UI graphics and several bug fixes

Great job. :D :highfive:

great app!!! it crashes if you select USB storage without any USB plugged in otherwise it works great!!!
    Great app... Definitely useful :p
    The rendering sounds like it very well could be what I'm seeing. They are the full sized jpeg exports from lightroom, so a pretty high res file. I'll make a set more in line with my screen resolution and see how that works later this evening.

The tablet I'm currently using this on is the Acer A500 running an ICS rom. I'll be installing the app on my Galaxy Note here soon too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2