JWMD Armids v1.3 for Windows Mobile 6.5/6.5.x

Search This thread

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
Well, I didn't take time to try how it would behave changing this simple setting, but if you peek into, for instance, StartMenu_GridScene_480x800.cpr, you'll find that :

Code:
<Form Width="480" Height="800">
  <StartMenu_GridScene ID="Scene">

<GridView ID="Start Menu Items List" Top="0" Left="0" Width="480" Height="696" Columns="3" Scrollable="TRUE" HexagonGrid="TRUE" HorizontalWrapAround="TRUE">
     <Image ID="Selection" Left="0" Top="-30" Width="192" Height="158" Source=".\StartMenu_Selection.png" />
     <Layer ID="GridItem"  Width="192" Height="166" OnAction ="GridItemAction">
        <Layer ID="Normal">
                <Image ID="Image" Left="51"  Top="4" Width="90" Height="90" ScaleStyle="Fit" />

<Text  ID="Text"  Left="18" Top="98" Width="156" Height="68" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="7" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Top" Wrap="True" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" ForeColor="#00FFFFFF" BackColor="#00000000" />
        </Layer>
    </Layer>

<Layer ID="NoItems">
       <Text ID="Text" Width="480" Height="40" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" ForeColor="#00FFFFFF" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Trimming="Character" InnerTextType="Resource">shellres.dll,22596</Text>
   </Layer>

</GridView>

</StartMenu_GridScene>
</Form>
Notice the HexagonGrid="TRUE" setting : I guess it has something to do with the icons setup. ;)

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
Well, for some reason, it doesn't seem to work : the Start menu then doesn't even launch !

Why is there such an option to set it to "TRUE" or "FALSE" in these files, while it actually doesn't work at all if you put them to "FALSE", is still one of those mysteries Microsoft has the secret... :D

lastvampire

Mar 16, 2008
Nice app. Can't believe I didnt come across it earlier.

Btw, if you're still watching this thread, could you make a 'change log' stating whats the difference between 1.0a and 1.3

- Installed and using v1.3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

--------------------------------------------------
    JWMD Armids 1.0a

Ever want to change the number of columns in your Windows Mobile 6.5/x Start Menu without doing a lot of hardwork? Here's another tool to do the job for you.

Armids can change your the number of columns in your Windows Mobile 6.5/6.5.x Start Menu or Edit the Start Menu Item look or even change the Selection Background image!
    Armids supports the ff resolutions:
    • QVGA
    • WQVGA
    • SqVGA
    • VGA
    • WVGA

Armids has this ff features:
    • Change the number of columns
      • Portrait
      • Landscape
    • Change Selection background not yet implemented
    • Restor original GridScene file from custom ROM or Original Firmware
    • - Backup occurs upon first use of the application.
    Using Armids
    Please make sure that your device is currently in Portrait mode.

KNOWN PROBLEMS
    1. No effect after reset
      • You ROM uses custom GridScene that was setup in registry. I have not yet got any answer on Chefs thread about setting this up. So if you have any idea, please share.
      • This registry key has something to do with it "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartMenu] "CustomGridForm"="StartMenuCust"

History said:
    February 27, 2011
    - Landscape support
    - Fixed some null errors when reading the CPL file.

Guys when reporting an error

Kindly include this details:
    Device Brand and Model
    ROM, ROM Language, ROM Link
    Error Message and Screenshots
    What you did before the error shown.
    Hey dude, I think that it doesn't work with landscape.
    can som1 confirm?