[Q] Desire Z 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0 update??

Search This thread

TRFFTR

Mar 14, 2011
I had gotten so bored from waiting HTC 's unknown update and rooted my Desire Z a month ago, tried some Sense 3.0 and 3.5 ROMs, and can easily say that Sense 3.0 is not worth waiting. Because it lags so much (that is normal because it even lags on Sensation), seems un-optimized and includes lots of bugs. But Sense 3.5... It is seriously amazing! Faster, fully-optimized, includes more features...

But I am %99 sure that HTC won't give a Sense 3.5 update, just because they are giving Desire Z an update later than others doesn't mean they are working for something special, Desire Z has landscape mode, that is why it gets updated later, remember the Gingerbread update. So we should only expect a full Sense 3.0 with Android 2.3.5, or just a new lockscreen with Android 2.3.5 update, expecting anything else will only cause disappointments. And I am writing this post to suggest anyone who doesn't happy with Sense 2.1 to root his or her phone, waiting is just gives pain

rahe_1st

Feb 28, 2009
sense 3.5 is working so smooth on the htc explorer, no lags and not a ram hunger with a CPU of 600 MHz
but what i don't know is "does sense 3.5 have a landscape mode?" cause I didn't see one in the cooked roms, so maybe this is the cause of the late release ?!

sorgo

Jun 18, 2010
but what i don't know is "does sense 3.5 have a landscape mode?" cause I didn't see one in the cooked roms, so maybe this is the cause of the late release ?!

It's not about Sense version, it's just about from what phone the ROM has been "cooked". If it's a port from any phone without keyboard, it does not need to have landscape homescreen. E.g. you can have Sense 3.0 with landscape (port from HTC Flyer).

budspanzer

Jul 15, 2010
ITALY
Hi to everyone,

I have "4" DZ in my home, 2 are rooted and 2 not (wife, daughters and me). The last unpate is Android 2.3.3 Sense 2.1 from 13 June 2011.
No more update at today.
HTC update if have a business retourn. Is this a product that still worth the time and resources to develop?

But, if you want use this phone really, you can think to root it. At your own risk of course.
Have the power to run a great Sense, without too much resources waste.

I tried many versions available on XDA - Developers, and I can assure you that Sense 3.0 and also 3.5, works great with swap, a micro SD Class 10 and the CPU at max 1075 min 384

When I make extensive use of data network, does not go much beyond the day and, the day that I did the installation via wi-fi throughout the duration was 12 hours, but with wifi always on and screen also.
If I use the phone without stress it, go ahead 36, 48 hours.

Now I use it with:
Gmail
Skype (also works on 3g or wifi - but this, drain the battery)
Waze and Maps
various applications for the office, some on cloud, and others to management the phone.
I am able to contact HTC with my account and phone are recognized in HTC Sync on windows.

At the moment I'm using this:
RCMix 4.0 Energized BLUE Edition, and also VirtuousUnity.

I mounted on the phone, considering the swap, to remove call wi-fi - does not work here - and to freeze some apps like facebook or twitter, ever in start up.

These two - but also MIUI or Cyanogen if you do not care Sense - get excellent performance and battery life of use.

Root ... or wait!
;)
This is my experience.
Bud.

Last edited:

Kéno40

Nov 1, 2010
The first Desire Z family!!

Is it a sect? Do you pray with it?
;)

Seriously : does the swap really necessary?

budspanzer

Jul 15, 2010
ITALY
The first Desire Z family!!
Is it a sect? Do you pray with it?
;)
Seriously : does the swap really necessary?

Hahahaaa... :D funny!!
Hooommmmm...

Actually I bought them used in a stock sale. I saved by taking 4 and none had to say because I got a phone like this! Payd 4 per one...
I just changed the battery cover. You know man, I have 3 ladyes.

swap: I see the difference. Infact phone is more performat, brilliant. I try with and without. The difference is obvious when you open several heavy programs simultaneously, such as Skype and satellite navigation. The phone does not slow as when the swap is not active.

gfqCQvgT

Nov 6, 2010
Answer of HTC

Hy everybody,
have asked HTC what's with an update for DesireZ.
They answered me, that they are trying to bring up the newest staff what ist able to run without lags.
A date of rolout isn't given in their answer so be happy there will be an update.

Reactions: ramemo

veesix

Jul 25, 2010
Bari
Still nothing. I sent them an email some days ago, and the answer was "we don't have any information".

moolash

Mar 10, 2009
ICS

I see the news about the new lineup coming out this week(end) at the MWC, Barcelona.
The One Series. One X, S and V.

HTC One V will be 1Ghz CPU, 512 RAM etc. and Ice Cream Sandwich.

I think HTC should make a nonSense ICS for older devices or at least have the possibility for us to choose to try it. Bootloaders can be unlocked, so why bother.

I know Sense IS the thing, we all - well most of us - have an HTC because Sense UI is sooooo cool.

I don't really care about Sense 3.0 - 3.5.

I was very happy with stock ICS. I have tried the custom ROMs, - THANKS DEVS - and I like the features of ICS.

zofox

Jul 22, 2010
Parma
If you see the specs of the One V. 1ghz processor single core and 512mb of RAM. I ques Sense 4.0 wouldn't be that bad and memory hungry.

Sent from my HTC Vision

Yes maybe dev. Will make a rom with sense 4.0 and ics XD
If it works on 512 mb of ram, why won't be possible to use it on dz?

Inviato dal mio HTC Vision usando Tapatalk

johrie

Jan 11, 2010
Yes maybe dev. Will make a rom with sense 4.0 and ics XD
If it works on 512 mb of ram, why won't be possible to use it on dz?

I have no doubt that a dev will make a rom with sense 4.0. The question that remains is when it hits the forum :p

Sent from my HTC Vision

U

ufoman

Sense 4.0 phone with 512MB RAM... now this is interesting :D Impatiently waiting for RUU leak and some ROMs :D:D:D

zofox

Jul 22, 2010
Parma
Sense 4.0 phone with 512MB RAM... now this is interesting :D Impatiently waiting for RUU leak and some ROMs :D:D:D

Yes, htc one v (the new phone presented at the mwc 2012 in Barcellona) has a single core processor (1 ghz) and 512 mb of ram....pretty similar to our XD came on don't forget our fantastic desire z :')

veesix

Jul 25, 2010
Bari
I found a post on the Turkish HTC fb page, written on tuesday 02/28, of a guy who says he called the customer service. they told him that the update is coming in a few weeks, which is consistent with the march/april timeline ;)

Last edited:

tiementuinstra

May 24, 2010
Ik heb net contact gehad met de support van HTC Nederland, zij zijden dat er nog niets bekend is bij de helpdesk.

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
U bent nu in verbinding met Susan.
Susan: Beste Tiemen, bedankt voor uw contact met de klantenondersteuning van HTC. Momenteel ben ik even uw vraag aan het nalezen.
Susan: Ik kan u op dit moment helaas niet vertellen of en zo ja, wanneer er een update wordt uitgebracht voor Desire Z.
Susan: De meest recente versie is op dit moment Android 2.3.3 met Sense 2.1
Tiemen Tuinstra: dat is mij bekend, het zou mij gaan om android 2.3.5 met sense 3.0 oid
Susan: Wij hebben tot op heden geen bevestiging ontvangen dat deze versie wordt uitgebracht voor Desire Z.
Tiemen Tuinstra: ok iig bedankt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Desire Z will officially get an update in January, but nobody knows what will it include
    Wildfire S got an update recently with sense 3.0 lockscreen, but officialy it's called sense 2.1
    Now Desire HD and Incredible S got a Sense 3.0 update. Hope we will get something too, especially if there's no next generation qwerty phone from HTC.
    HTC engineers are working to bring Sense 3.0 to Desire Z at the moment, if they decide that Sense 3.0 works on Desire Z without any problem, they will release it via OTA, but if they decide that Sense 3.0 is not compatible with Desire Z, then they will cut the biggest features like 3D scrolling, and just release some Sense 3.0 features like Active Lock Screen as Sense 2.2 via OTA
    Answer of HTC

Hy everybody,
    have asked HTC what's with an update for DesireZ.
    They answered me, that they are trying to bring up the newest staff what ist able to run without lags.
    A date of rolout isn't given in their answer so be happy there will be an update.
    agree

New HTC phone, Desire C runs ICS and Sense 4.0 on only 600MHz and 512MB RAM.
    So I think that we can confirm that Desire Z can run ICS and Sense 4.0!
    I think that there is still a chance to get a Update at least 2.3.5 and Sense 3.x
    All strong dual core and 1ghz> phones are already on the ICS update list.
    The ICS update list is not completed as they said,so if you take a look at that list, only phones that are not on the list are Desire Z, Desire, Wildfire S, Explorer and other, that means that they are working on something.
    Desire Z got an update few days ago, does anybody know what is that update for?
    If they don't give us an update, we can conclude that HTC is very busy working on other new phones, and updating old phones doesn't pay-off, they want us to buy new phones with new software, but Thank God we have Custom ROMS :D
    Is there any ROM ICS and Sense 4.0 for DZ that has working camera?

1. You're pretty much right, buddy.
    The One V and the new Desire C all prove our phone can handle ICS and Sense 4.
    So does Virtuous Team's Virtuous Primadonna ROM. I have been having it for a few days, reall really only the camera is missing, there might be a few bugs, I haven' found any that annoyed me. It works flawlessly!!!!

2. But also, these phone show that they come out with new, cheap phones, so we're gonna lose the tug-o-war and buy new phones. (all this making our good old Desire Z less worthy and harder to sell :D )

3. There's no Sense ICS ROM with a working camera that I know of.

4. Ohh, the small recent update is just a stability fix, I guess. Not even Sense 3.5

Let's keep hoping!!!