[GameKeyboard] Trying out a new webpage design for GKP Presets

Search This thread

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
I can't play mini motor racing with gamekeyboard, followed instructions and when the game is running buttons doesn't work.

I'm on JokaWildRom V3 and DoomKernel #14
I regret to inform you that this may be your problem.

I don't know what it is about the way rom/kernel cookers are cookin', but every instance I hear of GameKeyboard flat out not working seems to always come from a rom that doesn't keep the stock integrity together (a dead giveaway is if Circle is read as back instead of being read as Circle).
Thanks for the help. I can now play moto x mayhem with the gamepad. Although there a slight problem, when I press the r button it does a front flip and when I press l it does a backflip. I find this confusing to get used to so is there any way to invert the controls? Eg. When I press r it does a backflip and when I press l it does a front flip?
I could modify the GKP, but honestly it's so easy that I think you'd benefit more if I taught you how to do it.

After loading up GameKeyboard and the associated GKP, hold the menu key down or open it from the GK settings... then you'll see where everything I've setup is located. From there you can touch-drag the virtual L and R keys to swap their position. It's that easy :)
Has anybody managed to get the swipe actions working on temple run? Like using the dpad to swipe up down left right
It doesnt seem to work for me but ive no real idea how to do it

Haven't tried it in Temple Run, but I'm getting closer and closer to a functional setup for Captain America (EVERYTHING in that game is based on swipes).

Last edited:

tomaspeng

May 29, 2012
Because the author of GameKeyboard also has a DOS emulator, he is actively blocking GameKeyboard from working on other DOS emulators! WTF? I'll pass..

I just purchased GameKeyboard the other day, and didn't get a chance to fully test it within the 15 min refund window. I very quickly learned that it doesn't work on other DOS emulators except the authors own. I contacted the author, and he was adamant that it was not his fault, but instead it was the fault of the other emulator (which now appears to be an outright lie - see link in above post). I then asked for a refund, and that's where our conversation went downhill....

He said he can only issue a refund if I leave a positive 5 star review, I told him I would not lie, which is when he basically told me to screw myself. I lost $3, but learned a good lesson. So buyer beware, if you are planning to use this app in any emulator other than the authors own, he's probably programmed it to break down, and be prepared for author to blame the breakage on the other app.

Last edited:

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
If i got it right its for blueizme (or similiar ^^) devices which are connected via bt. At the moment its not for xplay touchpads. Tbh i dont even think we will get it, because of ics, but of course i really hope theyll integrate it, as im not planning to update on ics ^^ ( ics costs even more power and my xpla already feels on 2.3.7 like it is on its limits)
Yep, it's currently only BluezIME.

Seems there was another GameKeyboard update such that ICS users would be able to take advantage of the analogs (I'd verify, but I'm way too comfy with 2.3.7 TrueAncestor)... but even if we were to assume that's correct, that just gives us yet another Joystick Center 6 that only the ICS-using minority can utilize.

News so far doesn't seem particularly hopeful, but it also doesn't seem like the author's completely given up hope of making this fully-fleshed out with analogs for the majority that's still on GB.

Last edited:

TwilightLoz

Dec 25, 2011
Thanks for the help. I can now play moto x mayhem with the gamepad. Although there a slight problem, when I press the r button it does a front flip and when I press l it does a backflip. I find this confusing to get used to so is there any way to invert the controls? Eg. When I press r it does a backflip and when I press l it does a front flip?

can anyone edit the .gkp file?

bjo12

Aug 29, 2008
I can't seem to remap the o button it says back button not supported.. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sent from outer space using xda app on xplay

bhavei

Nov 13, 2011
Read & Follow. Include watching the Youtube Video, didnt get any problem setting this up.

Sent by Abie Cruz via Xperia PLAY r800i

TwilightLoz

Dec 25, 2011
I regret to inform you that this may be your problem.
After loading up GameKeyboard and the associated GKP, hold the menu key down or open it from the GK settings... then you'll see where everything I've setup is located. From there you can touch-drag the virtual L and R keys to swap their position. It's that easy :)

Ive loaded the GKP file but I dont know what to do from there. When I hold down the menu button, it shows my all the apps that was running. Ive tried looking in the settings but couldnt find anything were you could touch-drag the virtual buttons.

Do you mean open gamekeyboard via the hotkey when moto mayhem is running and then swap the virtal keys? If yes then it still didnt work.

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo
i need your help mate

how can i use H/W button for mass effect ?!

also can you please let me know how can i run game-keyboard when i runing the games - both !!

i'm sorry for my stupid question

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
Ive loaded the GKP file but I dont know what to do from there. When I hold down the menu button, it shows my all the apps that was running. Ive tried looking in the settings but couldnt find anything were you could touch-drag the virtual buttons.

Do you mean open gamekeyboard via the hotkey when moto mayhem is running and then swap the virtal keys? If yes then it still didnt work.

Try this;
• Open up the GameKeyboard app and load the MotoXmayhem GKP.
• After long pressing on the "Step 2" box, you'll see "Input Method"
• Tap "Input Method," and Change to GameKeyboard
• Tap in the "Step 3" box area, and the entire layout I've created for you should appear just like this:
screenshot_2012-06-02_0652.png

• As soon as you see that layout, just touch the virtual LB and you should be able to drag it down to where RB is (and same goes for putting RB where LB is displayed)

If that still doesn't make sense (or work), I'll just do it myself.

Jordanooo

Jun 10, 2011
Hi, as shown in the screenshot, when i assign button to do a 'swipe action', the swipe action is actually quite small, and out of center. Is there any way to change the size/positioning of the swipe gestures?
The swipes all start in the center or the cross
Thanks

Attachments

• screenshot_2012-06-12_2219.jpg
    screenshot_2012-06-12_2219.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:

narflynn619

May 25, 2011
On board Nebuchadnezzar.
so i watched it, and im quite well informed now..

but i'd like to know what files does the app access? since it requires root access, it might be editing system files without my knowledge.. i'm a little OCD these days.. please help

bhavei

Nov 13, 2011
I watched and tried it 3x and i was able to make it work.

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
Hmm... think I should make a "Quick Setup" video? GameKeyboard's not really hard to understand, but I think I'm only able to say that 'cause I've learned it :p ...perhaps people would benefit greater from a setup video where I persistently try to nail all the required things without going over 2 minutes?

Jordanooo

Jun 10, 2011
Hmm... think I should make a "Quick Setup" video? GameKeyboard's not really hard to understand, but I think I'm only able to say that 'cause I've learned it :p ...perhaps people would benefit greater from a setup video where I persistently try to nail all the required things without going over 2 minutes?

Yeah, please
Im trying to do it for fly like a bird 3 but it will only recognise the circle button mapped as 'B'. Not recognising the d-pad at all. Could you give it a try?, all it needs is the d-pad to be controlled

EDIT: Seems to be just not working on this app, is this sometimes a problem? That some apps arn't compatible?

nor minecraft. when i set it to touch controls to try gamekeyboard, it doesnt register any touches

anybody have any idea whats happening to my app?

Last edited:

3dawg

Oct 22, 2010

Is this the one I'd use if I'm on CM9?

Izzy Stinson

Aug 12, 2011
Hi, as shown in the screenshot, when i assign button to do a 'swipe action', the swipe action is actually quite small, and out of center. Is there any way to change the size/positioning of the swipe gestures?
The swipes all start in the center or the cross
Thanks

+1 the swipe position is weird.

It should be on the center not top right

Sent from my SK17i using XDA

bhavei

Nov 13, 2011
Anyone knows how to set the macro so my XPlay can keep pressing X on its own? Wanted to use macro so i can leave my phone playing on its own.

bhavei

Nov 13, 2011
No one reads this anymore, guess no one knows how to work the only macro in the market.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GameKeyboard Webpage has been completely redesigned to favor quick access and convenience CLICK HERE AND START CHECKING OUT HOW MANY GAMES THIS HAS MADE PLAYABLE!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Of course I am unallowed to share the BETA, but you best believe I'll report it's performance!

If you haven't heard of LocNet's GameKeyboard, it's basically an app that allows you to do multiple things; from creating an on-screen game-keyboard to re-mapping hardware keys.

The official 2.0 update has been released that allows something absolutely revolutionary for Xperia PLAY owners; touch-screen to hardware keyboard action mapping.

...and what does that mean? ALL Android games become Xperia PLAY Optimized... never again will we have to use lame-ass touch controls for games that are clearly too action-reaction based to be played with virtual buttons :D

BASIC SETUP TUTORIAL:

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Root Access (SEE THIS THREAD!)

SETUP PROCESS:
    Step 1: Install and open GameKeyboard. Click "Step 1: Tap here, find..." and Check the box next to Game Keyboard
    Step 2: Long-press the "Step 2: Tap here and..." area until a window pops up; select "Input Method", then select "Game Keyboard"
    Step 3: Click the Button that says "Step 4: (Optional) Tap here to..." There are a number of changes we must make here.
    ........- Click "Select Gamepad," and select "8 buttons"
    ........- If necessary, check the box that says "8-way D-Pad"
    ........- Check the Box that says "Re-map Hardkey" (Checking the "Show start and select is not necessary")
    Step 4: Enter the "Hardkey Mappings" sub-menu, we will make a number of re-maps here
    ........- Select "Mapping 1". When the window appears, press X on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad A"
    ........- Select "Mapping 2". When the window appears, press O on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad B"
    ........- Select "Mapping 3". When the window appears, press Select on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad Z"
    ........- Select "Mapping 4". When the window appears, press Start on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad C"
    ........- Press the phone's back hardware key to exit "Hardkey Mappings" (NOTE: Circle no longer doubles as "back")
    Step 5: Enter the "Layout Edit" Sub-Menu, Check both "Layout Edit Mode" and "Enable Custom Layout," then press back
    Step 6: Scroll all the way down to the bottom of this menu and select "Touchscreen Mode"
    Step 7: That's it! From here you can easily pull up the GameKeyboard, and start drag-mapping touch-screen actions to hardware keys or importing from the archive of pre-made game configurations if you don't want to manually configure every game.

RESOURCE LINKS:
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on XperiaPlayGamer: http://xperiaplaygamer.net/articles/everything-xperia-play-optimized.html
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on PocketGamer: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Xperia+Play/Sony+Ericsson+Xperia+Play/news.asp?c=40221
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on IntoMobile: http://www.intomobile.com/2012/04/26/gamekeyboard-makes-all-android-games-optimized-rooted-sony-ericsson-xperia-play/
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on TalkAndroid: http://www.talkandroid.com/109619-gamekeyboard-2-0-adds-xperia-play-gamepad-support-to-all-android-games/
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/gamekeyboard-for-xperia-play/
    GameKeyboard on the Google Play Store: PLAY STORE LINK
    GameKeyboard BETA Video Backlog on YouTube: BETA 1, BETA 2

Don't feel like setting up each and every game? CLICK HERE AND CHECK OUT THE IMPORT-ABLE PRE-SETS I'VE MADE!
    Guess that means he got touchpads working on gingerbread :)
    You are correct, sir!!!

Just got a very, very special email from LocNet... some pretty epic stuff is about to go down!!!! :D
    Amy way to add these to the launcher?

Nah... good news is our main man DeanBoro's back in action; and has already spoke that all of the unfinished/temporarily suspended projects he was working on are back in action - including the ICX Launcher that'll allow us to have that beautiful Game Launcher-style illustration, without having to depend on whether or not a dev is competent enough to update their AndroidManifest.xml.

Looks great... cant wait for a release...

Oh yeah? Then DON'T wait - it's out... where EVERYONE can play with it :)

(Expect a video very soon)
    TLRtheory, yep, here I am - that's me. You know how I feel right now, when I heard that you know me? It's so sweet, I'm very happy right now :).
    Yeah, I made games, when X10 users needed it. Next I have to sell my X10 (money problems), but one of XDA users buy me one again, so I can continue my adventure with this device. When my last moded games relased, I noticed, that Gameloft learn a little - they use other structure of files (you know from :D?), and I don't need to make some modifications - the only problem for X10 and gaming on it was old hardware (=slow performance on new games). So then, I, with my new X10, start working :D. That's why now we have DiXperia Gaming (of course only X10 users), so we can play GTA III or MC3 without lags ^^. For now, present time, I have X10, and Play, and I want to develop few things before I go (yes, unfortunely, I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and I think soon eveything ends :() - ICS for X10 and Play, and maybe some Kernel for X10. Then, if things go good, I will get Xperia 'Hayabusa' or 'Mint' (codenames), make one fully-super-uper stuff for it, and complete my carrier on development. This is short info about some of my work :D.

GetPatriotized, :).