Guide - How to get out of "stuck at boot animation"

Search This thread

nickharh

Apr 20, 2014
help me out guys!

guys my moto g have been stuck at boot like forever..actually i convert my moto g to gpe and upgrade it to 4.4.4..but i change my mind and downgrade it to 4.4.2..now im stuck like forever :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: help me guys..miss my moto g

guys my moto g have been stuck at boot like forever..actually i convert my moto g to gpe and upgrade it to 4.4.4..but i change my mind and downgrade it to 4.4.2..now im stuck like forever :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: help me guys..miss my moto g

have you tried flashing stock 4.4.4 firmware through fastboot?

Reactions: nickharh

TechLT

Feb 26, 2014
total destruction

Alternate Method : Noob Friendly.

First of all backup your sd card (i.e data/media)
Flash Philz Touch 6.26.6 Recovery
Hope you have OTG cable and a pendrive. :)
Copy the rom which you want to install on pendrive. Attach pendrive through OTG.
(backup your current rom on usbdisk. For this goto Backup and Storage. Find option backup on storage/usbdisk :good: )

Now, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. It will ask Wipe to install new rom,tap on it. Say Yes.
After that goto Mounts and Storage and format /data and /data/media (/sdcard). Say Yes.
Done.
Now flash your favorite custom rom.
Select the option install from sdcard. Then select usbdisk. Select your custom rom and install it

Hi guys, I followed these steps and then I realized I have no OTG cable... Now my phone is formatted and it cannot be detected by my pc.I have no idea how to flash my rom.

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

amit.lohar

Last edited:
Yes, but it doesn't seem to detect the device at all. Only battery charges when plugged in to the pc.
Do you think that I will solve the issue with the OTG cable?

in fastboot mode type fastboot devices. if it gets listed then i dont see a problem in sideloading.. i guess it does depend on recovery you are using.

but if everything else fails than try flashing stock ROM via fastboot.

TechLT

Feb 26, 2014
in fastboot mode type fastboot devices. if it gets listed then i dont see a problem in sideloading.. i guess it does depend on recovery you are using.

but if everything else fails than try flashing stock ROM via fastboot.

Also fastboot didn't detect my device.
But I bought the OTG cable and managed to flash the rom. I just had to mount the usb device and reboot.

Thank you all for your help

Also fastboot didn't detect my device.
But I bought the OTG cable and managed to flash the rom. I just had to mount the usb device and reboot.

Thank you all for your help

Good! But fastboot not being detected means there is some driver issue and you should check it as you may never know when you will need to flash stock ROM

maikel2201

Apr 4, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro
please help

ok, so my phone was plugged into the cahrger(40%), and when i came back the phone was off. shutdown.
i turned it on and it doesnt go past the motorola logo after the boot animation.
i have never rooted or did something to my phone. clean android 4.3.
i try to go to factory, but after i select it it goes into boot animation and stay there again. i tried all options all the same.
can someone please try and help me? i dont know what else to do? even if just to try and recover my files

ok, so my phone was plugged into the cahrger(40%), and when i came back the phone was off. shutdown.
i turned it on and it doesnt go past the motorola logo after the boot animation.
i have never rooted or did something to my phone. clean android 4.3.
i try to go to factory, but after i select it it goes into boot animation and stay there again. i tried all options all the same.
can someone please try and help me? i dont know what else to do? even if just to try and recover my files

If the factory reset from stock recovery is not working.. may i suggest you install custom recovery. yes this will entail bootloader unlock.

Or if you want nothing like this,... just flash stock ROM

justjr_isanidiot

Jul 31, 2014
CUIABA'S FAVELAS SEWER
maybe he will stop the dev. of the kernel for moto g.
someone have the 012 version? i need it because i have 4.4.4. now, thanks in advance.
And Faux123 thank you so much for your work, i really love your kernel and your apps, you are doing a amazing work, thank you so much :)

Thanks to user @SickBeast Faux has stopped development for us. Thanks SickBeast, well done. Now please keep this forum one time for all, do it for us, please. Or someone ban this useless kid :highfive:

Such an idiot!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

YOU ARE RUDE!!! ahahahahahahahahahah

NEED URGENT HELP

I accidentally wiped the internal storage of my Moto G XT1033 (dual sim variant), since the OS is lost now my phone is stuck at bootloader warning. I can access TWRP recovery. In device manager I can see Google Nexus ADB Interface. And in taskbar (safely remove hardware and eject media) phone is recognized as Eject XT1032. But in file explorer/My computer I can't see the phone. My phone drivers are installed.

I've tried adb shell command and I am getting this error:

C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

and with adb devices command following error:

C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb devices
List of devices attached
(this line/area is blank)

C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>

Now how can I fix ADB or this problem? Please help :(

NEED URGENT HELP

I accidentally wiped the internal storage of my Moto G XT1033 (dual sim variant), since the OS is lost now my phone is stuck at bootloader warning. I can access TWRP recovery. In device manager I can see Google Nexus ADB Interface. And in taskbar (safely remove hardware and eject media) phone is recognized as Eject XT1032. But in file explorer/My computer I can't see the phone. My phone drivers are installed.

I've tried adb shell command and I am getting this error:

C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

and with adb devices command following error:

C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb devices
List of devices attached
(this line/area is blank)

C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>

Now how can I fix ADB or this problem? Please help :(

I tried USB OTG method, copied CM nightly into my flash-drive then attached flash-drive + OTG cable with phone, at first OTG was not working don't know why it could not mount, I restarted phone, went into recovery and then I could installed rom from flash-drive. Finally my phone is working now :)

I am totally new to android and this rom rooting stuff. Moto G is my first android smartphone coming directly from iPhone 5 so I was scared like hell :D

If anyone failed with ADB Sideload method please try USB OTG method and your phone will work again. Hope this help others :)

Reactions: taadow1030

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its now all over the development section where people are trying custom ROM and getting stuck at infinite bootanimation loop.

This, as explained by famous developer dhacker29, the f2fs file system is very sensitive and gets easily corrupted. This results in stuck at bootanimation.

Presenting the solution – One time, shut it all and noob friendly
    Common steps
    1) From your working ROM, copy all your sd card data somewhere safe (PC, pendrive etc)
    2) Backup all your apps (you can use titanium back up or this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1581653)
    3) Download stock firmware for all those “what if it goes wrong” issues.
    4) Install drivers for Motorola devices
    5) Download your favourite ROM
    6) Install minimum adb and fastboot
    7) Install TWRP (official support is now available)

The geek method

8) Format /system, /data and /data/media (I strictly mean format as simple wipes won’t do)
    9) Now sideload your rom file
    a. Advance in TWRP
    b. ADB sideload and swipe to start
    c. Connect to computer where you have installed drivers and adb
    d. Start cmd and type adb devices – it should show your device
    e. Now side load by typing adb sideload drive letter:\where\your\rom\rom.zip
    10) Reboot to recovery
    11) Now install ROM as normal
    12) Wipe cache and dalvik and reboot

Non Geek method

8) Install stock firmware for your respective device using fastboot (there are tutorials that have the batch file which installs the firmware automatically by simply clicking the batch file)
    9) Install TWRP recovery
    10 ) copy ROM zip file and flash

Everyone is now requested to use the guide, help me improve it ans stop flooding dev section with same question over and over again.
    Alternate Method : Noob Friendly.

First of all backup your sd card (i.e data/media)
    Flash Philz Touch 6.26.6 Recovery
    Hope you have OTG cable and a pendrive. :)
    Copy the rom which you want to install on pendrive. Attach pendrive through OTG.
    (backup your current rom on usbdisk. For this goto Backup and Storage. Find option backup on storage/usbdisk :good: )

Now, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. It will ask Wipe to install new rom,tap on it. Say Yes.
    After that goto Mounts and Storage and format /data and /data/media (/sdcard). Say Yes.
    Done.
    Now flash your favorite custom rom.
    Select the option install from sdcard. Then select usbdisk. Select your custom rom and install it
    Can someone post a link to philz recovery 6.26 .

Find it here:
    https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/falcon/

Sent from xt1033, India ;)
    This isn't the post i read, but this method worked for me after i couldn't get CyanogenMod to install. :)

have you tried flashing stock 4.4.4 firmware through fastboot?