[CAB/EXT]Messaging Client 2015/2016 [UPDATE] 3rd August 2010

Search This thread

Bakedbread

Nov 25, 2009
does anyone know what improvements over 2014 is?

im still experiencing the SMS threaded loading lag for conversations over 30 messages.

running 1.66 WWE btw

curious if this will fix anything

G-ThGraf

Dec 8, 2009
Paris
krogoth's .cab installs on energyRom rhodium, plain 2.5 on 23xxx. still checking features, but seems to be fine so far. I'll report speed after restoring SMS from MyPhone.
G-ThGraf's .cab installs, but does not integrate with NRGZ28's sense.

link to krogoth's .cab:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6748982&postcount=1

I test it only on HD2, and Krogoth use the same files as me, becauce he use the files from Leo_S, maybe his cab maker is better, what's different between the two version?

G-ThGraf

Dec 8, 2009
Paris
Hmm, haven't had much joy with this. I'm running a TMOUS HD2 with 2.10 stock ROM - notably, I've also installed HTC Messaging 2014 and a fix for the sent message notifications. Tried uninstalling 2014 & fix, then installing 2015 - no joy, it defaulted to the WinMo default messaging. Tried installing 2015 over 2014 instead - this worked, and the version was showing correctly - but every time I opened a conversation, there would be no messages. They showed fine in the Inbox view, and fine in standard view, just not in conversation view - no message history.

Anyone else tried this with TMOUS, or over 2014?

You need to restore your sms via MyPhone or SPB backup!

rexboy

Apr 28, 2008
does anyone know what improvements over 2014 is?

im still experiencing the SMS threaded loading lag for conversations over 30 messages.

running 1.66 WWE btw

curious if this will fix anything

Im eagerly awaiting more feedback on this too. Already using 2014.2622 in a cooked rom and the secure box is a great feature if you have a use for such a thing. As mentioned though, the lag issue is there vs the normal 2014.3625 (no secure box and much faster). For me it is the secure box version causing the delays.
Hope others have had success with this new one :)

G-ThGraf

Dec 8, 2009
Paris
Peoples are not funny, i publish my last version, 102 peoples DL it, and anyone give feedback!!!! Maybe it means that no bugs, and with my latest version, i test with a conversation with around 300 message, i receive a message and during the answer no bugs with lags! Secure box works as well, please test it!

And give me feedback, and i can improve my work!

G-ThGraf

Dec 8, 2009
Paris
Im eagerly awaiting more feedback on this too. Already using 2014.2622 in a cooked rom and the secure box is a great feature if you have a use for such a thing. As mentioned though, the lag issue is there vs the normal 2014.3625 (no secure box and much faster). For me it is the secure box version causing the delays.
Hope others have had success with this new one :)

Works better than 3265 (because i use it before) and this morning i had secure BOX (but i don't use it, but i test it!)

Last edited:

slimster

Jul 8, 2009
i am not trying to be rude but why is there so much focus on secure box when the messaging app doesn't even work in the first place? shouldn't we be trying to figure out how to fix the horrible lag issue that just about makes texting useless. thank you all for your hard work, this is not a critisim, just a cry out to hopefully direct efforts towards fixing the actual messaging application instead of adding to it.

G-ThGraf

Dec 8, 2009
Paris
No problem guy,

In this version, typing, is more (and very more) fast, loading are faster than 3265 or 2622! Really try, i can make a video for show the new version!

But try guy, and give feedback also i can improve the performance!

And i don't focus on Secure Box, beacause i don't use it ^^^^^ but some guys use it so i export it!

slimster

Jul 8, 2009
well, i for one, thank you G-ThGraf for your hard work. i will deffinitly try your messaging app as soon as i get off work. keep up the hard work, it is very appreciated!

G-ThGraf

Dec 8, 2009
Paris
I will propose the final cab this week, so all in one cab on 2 cabs! Much easy than 4 items :D

And will search a camera to make video :D

G-ThGraf

Dec 8, 2009
Paris
Okey video finish, in this video i use a thread with about 280 messages, you can see the typing is fast, and there are no bugs! I show secure box active ans version...

Sorry the video is back to front :/ I've no time to make it again, just see the speed :D

*will update post with link!* in 3minutes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGXsjWu4rEI

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have all the settings fixed but they still come in as 4kb or 5kb

I assume you mean they come in small on the recipients phone? Or are you sending them to yourself for testing purposes? If you revert back to your previous version of messaging, does it send them the right size?