[APP] Storage Analyser V0.9.8.

Search This thread

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
Market_Promo_640.png

Download...
(Beta Downloads: http://goo.gl/okq2Yhttp://goo.gl/x422k)

Hello XDA community.

I would like to show you my new project Storage Analyser and maintain here a feedback and support channel for the XDA community.

Storage Analyser can:
  • Analyses Sdcard, external Sdcards, USB storage devices, system partitions (disabled by default)...
  • Order the content by size, the amount of files, the date or just the name
  • See the space used by applications using App2SD (.android_secure folder).
  • Include or exclude folder from the mediascan of the Android Gallery.
  • Filter out the content you are aware of to make the rest more pregnant.
  • Delete no longer necessary data directly from the app. No need for external file managers.
  • Real tablet support.
  • Allows several columns depending on the screen size.
  • Shows which already removed application left over some data in /sdcard/Android/data/ and /data/data
It supports all Android 2.1 devices and above.

I have a lot of ideas to extend and improve this app in the future but if you have an improvement suggestion, please don’t hesitate to give me your ideas.

Here is the direct link to the app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.levelokment.storageanalyser

I plan to use this thread here to provide beta versions to the community before I will integrate them to the Market.

If you like you can follow me on Google+
I will drop private Betas for special G+ circles in the future for people that or interested to help to test versions with bigger/major changes.

Or on Twitter:

ChangeLog:

Version 0.9.8:
● Fix the missing additional row content (size, item count, percentage etc.) on Jelly Bean devices (Android 4.1).
● Added the external sdcard mointpoint of the Samsung Galaxy S3 (/mnt/extSdCard) to the known partition list.
● Clicking on an item image (file or folder) will now select the item the same way as the checkboxes.

Version 0.9.7:
● Fix for the Galaxy Nexus using the leaked Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) Rom to show the sdcard without the need to enable the "Show system partitions" option.

Version 0.9.6:
● Better detection for additional external sdcards on some devices.
If your still have partitions which are just visible with the "Show system partitions" option but should be handled as a basic partition from your point of view, please contact me.​
● A lot of smaller corrections and enhancements.

Version 0.9.5:
● Copy and Move function are available now! (On all non system partitions).
● Emmc partitions (like present Cyanogen Rom's) are correctly handled as SdCard's now.
● Fixed another bug that could prevent the context menu to open on some devices. If you still have problems to open the context menu (via a long click) please help by providing log files! (Just contact me for details)
● Several minor bug fixes.

Version 0.9.4:
● Fixed a bug that was preventing the context menu to open on some devices.
● Delete function is now working properly on emmc partitions (like Cyanogen Rom's).
● Fixed the detection of the .android_secure folder on some devices.
● Preferences do use fragments on devices with Android 3.x and higher.

Version 0.9.3:
● Fixed a bug leading to wrong calculated values after a folder was filtered or unfiltered.
● A light theme (selectable in the preferences).

Here are some Screenshots:
Tablets:
tablet_640.png

Phones:
phone1_small.png
phone1_small_light.png

phone2_small.png
phone3_small.png

phone4_small.png

Best regards
Lars

Last edited:

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Is there a plan to visualize data consumption in the internal memory, i.e., /system/ and /data/ partitions?
The reason I ask is because most of my apps are on internal memory and one day my "available space" decreased from 70 MB to 20 MB and I didn't know why :(

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
Hi c00ller.

Thanks for you reply.

Yes. This will come as well.
The plan is to keep app simple to understand, so I will have to see what is the best way to integrate it without confuse "normal" people. ;)

Bye
Lars

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
Hi everyone (even if I right now feel like talking to my self ;))

One of the things I have in mind for one of the next updates is an preferences dialog that allows some customisations. (Some kind of expert settings)

What I have in mind are options for:
  • Deactivation of the acknowledgement message when deleting files / or folders.
  • Choose the font size of the list entries.
  • Override the amount of lists shown side by side in portrait mode.
  • Override the amount of lists shown side by side in landscape mode.
Any suggestions?

Bye
Lars

ippon

Mar 29, 2005
love the idea, but it's VERY slow and unresponsive on my captivate.

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
love the idea, but it's VERY slow and unresponsive on my captivate.
Thanks for the response ippon.

Can you please give me some more details, the app is lightning fast on my Nexus One and even on the an old HTC Magic that I use for additional tests it runs acceptable?
In Germany the device you have mentioned is not available, what kind of device is this (Android version, cpu speed, internal sd card or just an external etc)?
Do you use an external Sd card and if yes which speed class did it have?

Is the app unresponsive all the time? Or just during the collection of data? (you can see this by watching the progress indicator at the button right (status bar).

How many files and capacity do you have on your external storage? (values in the status bar after the data collection as been finished)

Thanks again and sorry for all the questions ;).
Lars

slapshot136

Oct 27, 2010
this is a good idea, from the PC my favorite program to do this was sequoia viewer, any chance you can make it look like that (as an option maybe?)

736444cb4d.jpg

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
Hi slapshot136.

I guess I have to play with this tool to understand the idea completely.
The screenshot itself looks kind of weird ;)

I guess it is a graphical view of the folder sizes... I like the idea... I will put it on my list, but for later.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Lars

ippon

Mar 29, 2005
Thanks for the response ippon.

Can you please give me some more details, the app is lightning fast on my Nexus One and even on the an old HTC Magic that I use for additional tests it runs acceptable?
In Germany the device you have mentioned is not available, what kind of device is this (Android version, cpu speed, internal sd card or just an external etc)?
Do you use an external Sd card and if yes which speed class did it have?

Is the app unresponsive all the time? Or just during the collection of data? (you can see this by watching the progress indicator at the button right (status bar).

How many files and capacity do you have on your external storage? (values in the status bar after the data collection as been finished)

Thanks again and sorry for all the questions ;).
Lars

this is the captivate. it is one of the galaxy s variants.
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=Samsung_Galaxy_S/SGH-I897
i am using a class 4 8gb micro sd card and the phone has 16gb of storage built in.
the app has been very unresponsive for me at all time, and not just during the collection of data and i frequently get the 'sorry! activity storage analyser (in process storage analyser) is not responding. force close or wait.'

i currently has 10.1 GB in 13,159 files.

i hope this helps a bit.

Reactions: LeveloKment

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
Thanks for your feedback ippon.
I'll see what I can do ;)

That the app is unresponsive even if the data collection is finished is kind of strange though...
I have tested the app on the European version of the Galaxy S (currently on Android 2.2) and it was working well.

Thanks again.
Lars

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
New Update available...

Please check the first post of this thread to see the changeLog. (no improvment for your problem Ippon ;) ... at least not now ...)

Bye
Lars

Reactions: kam333 and nkostis

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
Hi.

Small bug fix release.
Please find the version history in the first post of this thread.

nkostis

Jun 15, 2010
this is great, very helpful, clean interface, and most importantly, well-integrated into the OS (clicking on an apk offers to install it, clicking on an app-on-sd brings up application info, etc).
The only thing i'd like is multi-select and select-all. It'd be nice to be able to delete all files in a folder, without deleting the folder itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeveloKment

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Market_Promo_640.png

Download...
    (Beta Downloads: http://goo.gl/okq2Yhttp://goo.gl/x422k)

Hello XDA community.

I would like to show you my new project Storage Analyser and maintain here a feedback and support channel for the XDA community.

Storage Analyser can:
    • Analyses Sdcard, external Sdcards, USB storage devices, system partitions (disabled by default)...
    • Order the content by size, the amount of files, the date or just the name
    • See the space used by applications using App2SD (.android_secure folder).
    • Include or exclude folder from the mediascan of the Android Gallery.
    • Filter out the content you are aware of to make the rest more pregnant.
    • Delete no longer necessary data directly from the app. No need for external file managers.
    • Real tablet support.
    • Allows several columns depending on the screen size.
    • Shows which already removed application left over some data in /sdcard/Android/data/ and /data/data
    It supports all Android 2.1 devices and above.

I have a lot of ideas to extend and improve this app in the future but if you have an improvement suggestion, please don’t hesitate to give me your ideas.

Here is the direct link to the app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.levelokment.storageanalyser

I plan to use this thread here to provide beta versions to the community before I will integrate them to the Market.

If you like you can follow me on Google+
    I will drop private Betas for special G+ circles in the future for people that or interested to help to test versions with bigger/major changes.

Or on Twitter:

ChangeLog:

Version 0.9.8:
    ● Fix the missing additional row content (size, item count, percentage etc.) on Jelly Bean devices (Android 4.1).
    ● Added the external sdcard mointpoint of the Samsung Galaxy S3 (/mnt/extSdCard) to the known partition list.
    ● Clicking on an item image (file or folder) will now select the item the same way as the checkboxes.

Version 0.9.7:
    ● Fix for the Galaxy Nexus using the leaked Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) Rom to show the sdcard without the need to enable the "Show system partitions" option.

Version 0.9.6:
    ● Better detection for additional external sdcards on some devices.
    If your still have partitions which are just visible with the "Show system partitions" option but should be handled as a basic partition from your point of view, please contact me.​
    ● A lot of smaller corrections and enhancements.

Version 0.9.5:
    ● Copy and Move function are available now! (On all non system partitions).
    ● Emmc partitions (like present Cyanogen Rom's) are correctly handled as SdCard's now.
    ● Fixed another bug that could prevent the context menu to open on some devices. If you still have problems to open the context menu (via a long click) please help by providing log files! (Just contact me for details)
    ● Several minor bug fixes.

Version 0.9.4:
    ● Fixed a bug that was preventing the context menu to open on some devices.
    ● Delete function is now working properly on emmc partitions (like Cyanogen Rom's).
    ● Fixed the detection of the .android_secure folder on some devices.
    ● Preferences do use fragments on devices with Android 3.x and higher.

Version 0.9.3:
    ● Fixed a bug leading to wrong calculated values after a folder was filtered or unfiltered.
    ● A light theme (selectable in the preferences).

Here are some Screenshots:
    Tablets:
    tablet_640.png

Phones:
    phone1_small.png
    phone1_small_light.png

phone2_small.png
    phone3_small.png

phone4_small.png

Best regards
    Lars
    New Update available...

Please check the first post of this thread to see the changeLog. (no improvment for your problem Ippon ;) ... at least not now ...)

Bye
    Lars
    and about suggestion2 what you can tell me?
    i've verified and app doesn't do what i ask. :D
    You're right ;)
    The implementation will be quite challenging... But it is for sure a good idea... It will put it on my list... but with low priority ;)

ps
    i found your app on the market some time ago (approximately version 0.8) and this page only today...
    i'm here to help you: is the only thing i do to thaks you for this big app without ads! :cool:
    You're welcome ;)
    I personally don't like ad supported apps. So Storage Analyser will definitively not going that way. Maybe I provide an InApp Donation option in a later version to make it easy for people the show their thankfulness ... But it will be just an option.
    Version 0.9.8 can new be found at the Play Store. Check the first post of this thread for details...