(ROM) Abridged for Music

Search This thread

MrSpartan

Dec 31, 2011
Highland
Thanks, Spartan, for a great little ROM! I just pulled the Eris out hoping to revive it as a companion for my bike. Works great for music - sleek & fast - however something is blocking Goggle My Tracks from installing. Not sure what it is...it installs on other GB ROMs. I tried both installing from the market (the app doesn't show up), and by sideloading the APK. No dice. Any help appreciated.

I don't really know how to rectify this issue,I've tried but not successful; I believe the issue may be on how the application relies on cell radio. Not only that, since this rom is basically built for pure MP3 usage, the Phone.apk is extricated from it and so a sundry of applications.
How I brought this conjecture, these are the permissions for My Tracks, as I foresaw it uses the Phone.apk.

PHONE CALLS
READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. An app with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.
(Basically used to get the Global Position of the phone as well)

Though, I adjure you to forage for applications that are relevant to Google My Tracks.
My apologies for this problem in this rom, hopefully you still find it suitable. :)

Reactions: Jafmf95

Jafmf95

Dec 18, 2010
My apologies for this problem in this rom, hopefully you still find it suitable. :)

No worries. Thanks for checking. I REALLY dig how snappy this ROM is. Probably because the phone is gone. If you decide to put together a gps+mp3 ROM, I'll be back. But I gotta keep track of how much exercise the pooch is getting:D

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda premium

Demache

May 13, 2010
shot_000002.png

9 days on one charge with the stock battery.

Not bad.

Reactions: blckngldhwk

Demache

May 13, 2010
Wow, that's very astonishing. Never thought it would be this good :)
Thanks for sharing too.

And its still going on that same charge. Nearly two weeks in standby with a decent amount of use. Makes me wonder if I should run a test on how long it could play music straight through non-stop with the screen off (possibly with wifi off, assuming real world use away from wifi). In some ways I could see 8+ hours not being too terribly unrealistic. Then again, I'm running the stock battery on Gingerbread with the original battery which is going on 2 1/2 years old. I guess I will wait until this drains.

The reason I posted that was just in case there was a rogue app or bug or removing some of the phone functionality would create a weird battery drain issue (sounds a bit paranoid but its a new ROM so everything must be tested). :)

deadbot1

Feb 3, 2011
Wahpeton, ND
DLing now. I work out in the great wide open and have long since left the smartphones behind for a ruggedized old school one. This might be great for for when I'm spinning the reel on the front of the plow(I install fiber optic cable) I also would like GPS functionality, but its not a deal breaker for me.

Demache

May 13, 2010
DLing now. I work out in the great wide open and have long since left the smartphones behind for a ruggedized old school one. This might be great for for when I'm spinning the reel on the front of the plow(I install fiber optic cable) I also would like GPS functionality, but its not a deal breaker for me.

GPS should work, but since there is no mobile network, Google Maps won't work and getting a lock will take longer than normal since it won't get A-GPS data.

MrSpartan

Dec 31, 2011
Highland
No worries. Thanks for checking. I REALLY dig how snappy this ROM is. Probably because the phone is gone. If you decide to put together a gps+mp3 ROM, I'll be back. But I gotta keep track of how much exercise the pooch is getting:D

Got Google My Tracks to function, basically just put in some apk's and it worked. My apologies for taking a while, it used some expatiate applications from the gapps package; not just the phone.apk. It's the newest release, from the Beats column. :)

Sent from my ERIS using xda premium

Reactions: Jafmf95

kylegrant

Jan 23, 2012
does this rom have a wworking dsp manager? or did beats audio break it? cuz on gsb 4.5 when I put the beats audio mod on it, I would keep getting force closes with dso manager and had to delete department manager. if u do have dsp manager on here, is there anything special u did to get it to work? and which release of beats mod did u use?

MrSpartan

Dec 31, 2011
Highland
does this rom have a wworking dsp manager? or did beats audio break it? cuz on gsb 4.5 when I put the beats audio mod on it, I would keep getting force closes with dso manager and had to delete department manager. if u do have dsp manager on here, is there anything special u did to get it to work? and which release of beats mod did u use?

From the Beats column, DSP manager has been revoked due to the Beats mod being diffusive with the apk. Although, the initial release without the mod has DSP manager. From what I recall, I used the mod that has the date 7/02.
Edit: Also, the mod doesn't need DSP manager to funtion.

Last edited:

kylegrant

Jan 23, 2012
yeah i know i don't need DSL manager tto use beats, I would just like to have an equalizer still but with beats its already pretty damn good anyway

Jafmf95

Dec 18, 2010
Got Google My Tracks to function, basically just put in some apk's and it worked. My apologies for taking a while, it used some expatiate applications from the gapps package; not just the phone.apk. It's the newest release, from the Beats column. :)

So I was bored and updated to v4. Seems My Tracks is broken in this version. No big deal, works fine on v3 for me...just thought I'd let you know.

Might be something with GPS as my weather app won't get a GPS based location either.

If it matters, I always to full wipes when updating a ROM.

Last edited:

Super_Dork_42

Guys, it's up to us. We can keep the Eris forums alive. All we have to do is keep the post count over 8 in 30 days and keep the spam to a minimum and we'll be able to stay around.

http://www.xda-developers.com/announcements/were-closing-a-bunch-of-legacy-forums-on-xda/

They are already making some forums in the legacy area (where we are) read-only, so if we want continued support here, we have to keep the activity level up.

Who's up for the challenge?

As to the topic at hand, I do have this weird thing happening. I run the beats version but it happened before then. During screen orientation, the screen goes green for a couple of seconds. Also, there are lot of random force closes of the various google made parts of the OS. Sometimes the notification bar goes down altogether, only coming back after reflashing without any wiping. Otherwise, all my issues stem from having my screen have part that doesn't respond to touches, so good job.

Jafmf95

Dec 18, 2010
I can confirm both the green screen on orientation change and the fc's. I believe most of the fc's have been Google services framework.

Solved the green screen by disabling orientation change:D

The fc's don't really affect anything, so I just ignore them.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

On the other note, this forum has probably had around 100 posts in the last 30 days, so I don't think we are in danger anytime soon.

ecs1984

Oct 12, 2010
posting to confirm the green screen on rotation... but moreso to help keep these forums active!

ROM is working great, thanks again Mr Spartan.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Preeminently, I have always wanted to contribute to the Eris community. This is my first rom, although don't assume I'm adept at this specific criteria. It is based off CyanogenMod, without it this would have never happened. From what I recall, there was a thread that stated a rom should be made for the Eris as music player.
    Hence I felt I should contribute since I had leisure time. So I removed all the applications that would intrude to make the Eris a pure mp3 player.

I bring to you the Abridged Rom.

I removed vexing signal bars in the status bar.
    It is ICS themed.
    Holo launcher, which is surreal to the ICS launcher.
    Holo locker, it is relevant to Jelly Bean lock screen.
    Battery script by Decad3nce = XDA. To activate, go to Terminal Emulator, type su for superuser permission; then type batt-cfg.
    To make the launcher load smoother, press "Menu" then "Launcher Settings", go to "Desktop Settings" then tick "Wallpaper Scrolling" off.
    If the Android lock screen intercedes with the Holo Locker application, got to Holo Locker then turn it "off" then "on".

Got the keyboard to work, just got to Settings>Language & Keyboard> Select Language> (choose) English (United States). That's if you prefer that language.
    (Latest release, in the Beats column)

My Disclaimer:

To use this specific development, it is implored that you accept these terms and/or regulations.

"You" means the end user. By accepting this particular software, script, etc; you assess that it was established in a venerable infrastructure. Also, that "you" preeminently will not contemplate a contentious and/or irreverent, sordid manner; if "you" you are incongruous with the implicated engineering "you" will not perform or incite any behavior antecedently foretold. Furthermore, this engineering is not perfection but is ordain as to what is perceived from it. The founding Creator is not to be blamed for glitches, etcetera; though he ensues that he will be inure to anatomize and rectify any flaws as "you" enunciate them for him. Should "you" be admonished to use this attire with your discretion, due to the Creator or affiliates not being responsible to any errors concurring or that may reside.

Hitherto, "you" are now in accord and conclude with these terms and/or regulations.
    (Basically saying I'm not responsible for your actions :p)

Hopefully, you enjoy it :highfive: :D

Initial Release:
    Update:

Beats Rom
    Initial Release:
    Update 8/13/2012
    Update 8/19/2012
    Okay, for some peculiar and vague reason 2shared thrashed my links, they do not work. I have deleted those builds, I have no idea why. Though I have preserved some not all. (I feel ashamed). I will upload them in my Skydrive, thus never having to worry about anything being deleted or any obstructions.

Only this bottom one works
    Update 11/19/2012: http://www.2shared.com/file/V-S7YChm/HTC-Eris-Beats9.html

Skydrive (Including remnants of my builds)
    Update 6/10/2013: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=C77A9B2B559BD0CD!105&authkey=!AHSqdyLCF9IGm4Y
    From my "Copy.com" cloud storage
    Update 6/10/2013: https://copy.com/e6LQelLOusIN
    Newest is called HTC Eris Beats 11, I presume, enjoy. :)

(Now I come to realize that once you sign into Google Play, force closes will concur. Unfortunately up until now I could not fix, it could be evaded by not registering Google Play or if you have registered already then just disable sync in "Settings>Accounts&Sync" I apologize for any inconvenience :("

No need to flash gapps.
    Just wipe dalvik x3 then wipe data.
    Then flash.
    I'm truly sorry for my absence for the past two months now. School has circumscribed my time and could not have updated it, due to it getting more difficult. Though I released an update, I managed.
    Thanks.
    Extraneous Post

Update!
    cm-7-20130301-NIGHTLY-desirec, enjoy
    Updated the market once again; and a few minor tweaks as well.

Same concept as the predating release.
    Enjoy.

Beats column just a modification in the system to have better sound, discrepant from the original Abridged Rom; same base, everything. Just the Beats Audio is irrelevant to the initial.
    (MOD)Beats Audio(2.3+up) by RockoDev; credit to him. It was referred by Izeltokatl, thanks.
    Link:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1525226

Just giving it a little break in. Not bad.

Although, I seem to have created a slight issue here, where I doubled the lockscreens.

IMG_20120728_202713.jpg

I'm assuming the ICS themed lockscreen runs independently of the normal lockscreens?

EDIT: I figured it out. I missed a line about Holo locker in your instructions.

:D Thank you very much for trying it out. Also, thanks for your compliment, it really means a lot to me.:highfive: