[MOD] ATT Wifi Hotspot

Search This thread

nuprotocol

Jan 27, 2007
Hey all - Just a simple mod to enable native wifi hotspot for ATT users who are stock/rooted. Flashable in recovery. It was built on 1.26.502.10 framework

Flash in Recovery (TWRP and CWM should both work), wipe caches (cache and dalvik), reboot.

Worked like a charm. Recovery said it failed, however after rebooting, it works great. Thanks again. I'm on stock/rooted.

Teklock

Jul 15, 2010
Quick question. I've heard this is not needed on dev edition...running on AT&T network. I haven't had a chance to test yet...I'm on stock dev edition...rooted...nothing else except your back-button menu mod (and THANKS for that BTW!!).

Is that right?

Correct, the Hotspot works out of the box with the DE version. This was the main reason i got that one.

Gupone

Feb 1, 2011
MOD for Sprint HTC One

I have a friend that has the HTC One but on Sprint and was wondering if anyone knows of a MOD to be able to use the native WiFi Hotspot. I have searched the site but not luck.

I have the ATT version and have installed this MOD and it work GREAT. Thanks for that :)

Gupone

Feb 1, 2011
Sorry somones already asked me about this and I forgot til just now. I'll check it out in the next few days..no promises

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the quick response and thanks for looking into this. Mostly thanks for making a GREAT MOD for the ATT folks for something that was really needed.

the noan

Jun 15, 2010
San Antonio
OnePlus 7 Pro
sooooooooooooooo......silly question here. this will count against my data plan when i use it correct? sorry im coming from sprint where i didnt have to worry about this kind of thing. actually kind of regretting it now though.

miketamm

Jul 14, 2012
Homeslice,

Is this the only line you had to mod to make the hotspot work for non subscribers?

Code:
<apn carrier="Entitlement" apn="phone" mcc="310" mnc="410" type="entitle" state="hidden" />

Can you share what you changed in this line. I prefer to be hacker not a flasher.

Thanks

Never mind I got it.. :good:

Last edited:

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Didn't work on my Rogers HTC One. It also wiped my APN settings, so make sure you have them documented. This could be an isolated incident, but better to be safe than sorry. I am running CleanRom 1.6.

In 637 downloads you're the first to report this. Are you on ATT? This mod will only work for ATT users, and if you had to manually input your APN after flashing the ROM, then yes, this will wipe that APN

tchan

Jul 17, 2007
Los Angeles
Homeslice,

First to all, thank you for this MOD. It looks like it's working for everyone. Unfortunately, I tried it on my HTC One running CleanRom and it didn't work for me. I don't think it's because of the ROM I'm running rather because of the APN I'm using. I'm on the AT&T network, but I can only use the "wap.cingular" APN. I tried editing the telephony.db database file manually to replace the appropriate APN but I didn't have any luck. Before flashing your MOD my phone would ask me to call 611 and add hotspot to my service. Now it tells me "there is a temporary network problem." I was able to use hotspot on earlier ROMs without the AT&t 4G icons. I haven't found a MOD to replace the AT&t 4G icons with the international ones. I'm hoping you or someone else could point me in the right direction direction to get my hotspot working.

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
Could you please make this for ARHD 8.1 based on 1.29.401.16 framework. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Post framework-res.apk from that build and I can do it.

To do it yourself you'll need to edit apns.xml in /res/xml/ after decompiling framework-res (the edit is in the first post on this page) then recompile framework-res, being sure not to break the sig in the mean time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all - Just a simple mod to enable native wifi hotspot for ATT users who are stock/rooted. Flashable in recovery.

wfhs2 is from 1.26.502.10
    wfhs3 is from 3.17.502.3 (4.3)

Flash in Recovery (TWRP and CWM should both work), wipe caches (cache and dalvik), reboot.
    Would you be able to make one for 4.4.2? This worked beautifully on 4.3.

Here you go!

I tested it and works perfect in KK 4.4.2.

For the record, this is what I found that needs to be changed in the stock default.xml

From <item type="boolean" name="entitlement_check">true</item>
    To <item type="boolean" name="entitlement_check">false</item>

From <item type="boolean" name="tethering_guard_support">true</item>
    To <item type="boolean" name="tethering_guard_support">false</item>

From <item type="boolean" name="support_entitlementcheck">true</item>
    To <item type="boolean" name="support_entitlementcheck">false</item>

From <item type="integer" name="TetheringGuard_Rule">3</item>
    To <item type="integer" name="TetheringGuard_Rule">0</item>

Update the above, add to WFHS3.ZIP and update ROM in CWRM

"support_entitlementcheck" is missing in KK (Android 4.4)...
    Would you be able to make one for 4.4.2? This worked beautifully on 4.3.
    Hi Homeslice,

Just a quick question (or two actually)

1) How did you make this change (meaning was it an update in the Settings.db via an SQL editor or is there some other setting some place else)? I'm just curious as to how you did it :D

2) Does this change the data icon(s) at all?

Thank you for your help.

1) Two different methods. 1st metgod was a change to the apns.xml in framrwork res (that changed settings.db when flashed). The second method just made some changes to default.xml in system/customize/acc (i think.. It's been a while)

2) Will not changeData icons

Hey, I know this is kind of an old thread, but I flashed the two files wfhs2.zip & wfhs3.zip and now my phone will not boot past the white HTC One Beats Audio screen. I am/was running stock AT&T 4.3 rooted. I'm in the process of using CWM to back-up my device, but before factory resetting I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, or a return to stock .zip I could flash via sideload?

Thanks

You were only supposed to flash wfhs3 for 4.3. You'll need to replace framework-res.apk with one from stock. Never flash anything you haven't before without making a backup first

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Works. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium