[Q] G Pro 2 (D838) 3rd party app can't save into external SD

Search This thread

jc042982

Mar 14, 2012
Well, I just received my LG G Pro 2 (D838) and it has Android 4.4.2 inside.
Somehow, I couldn't save the file which generated by 3rd party app into the external SD card.
I search the answer on web but the possible way to solve the problem is root the cellphone.
I am worrying that it couldn't process OTA update after I root the LG-D838

This is only disadvantage of D838 and this will be big help for me and other owners.

I am also expecting the 3rd party roms, such as AOKP or CM can be released soon^^
Can't wait to flash the phone with other roms

Reactions: smaybe

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
That is part of 4.4.2 it is on every phone... Google changed some things to not allow apps to write to external sd . according to Google app developers will have to update to new way and things will be fine.... But if you can root folder Mount in app store will fix it

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Reactions: jc042982

buenarc

Mar 24, 2014
That is part of 4.4.2 it is on every phone... Google changed some things to not allow apps to write to external sd . according to Google app developers will have to update to new way and things will be fine.... But if you can root folder Mount in app store will fix it

I think the telecom is the one who's having the bar fo this thirf party app. You can try calling them to verify this.

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
It's the Google security working on 4.4.2
Solution is to root your phone and edit the platform.xml file or
Install xposed framework and the module handleexternalstorage, reboot and your good to go

ಠ_ಠ
On mobile....

jc042982

Mar 14, 2012
About rooting the D838

Install xposed framework and the module handleexternalstorage, reboot and your good to go

Sure, I would like to root the phone and I did search the solution on the web.
Somehow, IORoot might be the solution but it's not support the LG D838 Taiwan Edition.
I tried the latest version this morning but it's not work...

May I should just wait until someone develop the proper rom for this device.

buenarc

Mar 24, 2014

Sure, I would like to root the phone and I did search the solution on the web.
Somehow, IORoot might be the solution but it's not support the LG D838 Taiwan Edition.
I tried the latest version this morning but it's not work...

May I should just wait until someone develop the proper rom for this device.

Google changed some things to not allow apps to write to external sd, but my friends manipulated the root sequence and it works.

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
As I said you can edit platform.xml in the root of your device to allow media write or use the xposed framework module handleexternalstorage. These methods can only be done on a rooted device. Since the LG G Pro 2 is only out for a few days, wait for the proper rooting tool and procedure before doing so.

ಠ_ಠ
On mobile....

buenarc

Mar 24, 2014
As I said you can edit platform.xml in the root of your device to allow media write or use the xposed framework module handleexternalstorage. These methods can only be done on a rooted device. Since the LG G Pro 2 is only out for a few days, wait for the proper rooting tool and procedure before doing so.

ಠ_ಠ
On mobile....

oh gee. this is harder than i thought. hope someone can help me deal with this problem. thank you.

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
oh gee. this is harder than i thought. hope someone can help me deal with this problem. thank you.

If you can get it rooted there is a app in play store named folder Mount that will fix it for you. .. Does the same thing but you need root

buenarc

Mar 24, 2014
If you can get it rooted there is a app in play store named folder Mount that will fix it for you. .. Does the same thing but you need root

okay I will try that and get back to this thread if it works. thank you for the assist.

sm32

Jan 19, 2009
Wrocław
Yesterday received updates from lg software version (D83810b-HKG-XX) It turns out that the introduced lg move applications to the SD card jupii ... Tests on .. I wanted to add screnszots but I can not.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I just received my LG G Pro 2 (D838) and it has Android 4.4.2 inside.
    Somehow, I couldn't save the file which generated by 3rd party app into the external SD card.
    I search the answer on web but the possible way to solve the problem is root the cellphone.
    I am worrying that it couldn't process OTA update after I root the LG-D838

This is only disadvantage of D838 and this will be big help for me and other owners.

I am also expecting the 3rd party roms, such as AOKP or CM can be released soon^^
    Can't wait to flash the phone with other roms