No Idea what i did attempting to root

Search This thread

Rallypig31

Jul 8, 2014
So after reading and watching videos i attempted to root my Kindle Fire 7 (1st gen) ( I have jail broken iphones no problem, rooted my galaxy s4 no problem) kept having issues getting it rooted so i kept I trying on both my laptop and desktop pc's finally got SuperSU on it thought it was rooted but its not. Apps to check for root says its rooted but Es File manager wont give me root access, one app says busy box IS installed another says it isn't. I attempted root with Bin4ry root method. Kindle itself runs fine and boots up fine.

Also when i open SuperSU it says that the SU Binary needs to be updated I hit Continue and no matter which option i choose (Normal or TWRP/CWM) it says installation failed. I've tried re-rooting/Un-rooting, updating SuperSU, I've tried Kindle Fire First Aid tool. I Have a factory cable now. But KFFT wont put kindle into fastboot, Even if turn the kindle on with the factory cable the kindle will boot in fastboot mode, I try option 3 in KFFT (restore) say no when it asks if I want KFFT to put it into Fastboot mode KFFT will flash a screen, then on the bottom it says it downloaded 3 images and then just says waiting for device and thats it.

At this point all im trying to do is get it back to how it was out of the box.

I have the android SDK installed and im completely clueless on ADB, when I open CMD its at C:\users\my name\desktop> and if i try any of the fastboot commands nothing works.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
So after reading and watching videos i attempted to root my Kindle Fire 7 (1st gen) ( I have jail broken iphones no problem, rooted my galaxy s4 no problem) kept having issues getting it rooted so i kept I trying on both my laptop and desktop pc's finally got SuperSU on it thought it was rooted but its not. Apps to check for root says its rooted but Es File manager wont give me root access, one app says busy box IS installed another says it isn't. I attempted root with Bin4ry root method. Kindle itself runs fine and boots up fine.

Also when i open SuperSU it says that the SU Binary needs to be updated I hit Continue and no matter which option i choose (Normal or TWRP/CWM) it says installation failed. I've tried re-rooting/Un-rooting, updating SuperSU, I've tried Kindle Fire First Aid tool. I Have a factory cable now. But KFFT wont put kindle into fastboot, Even if turn the kindle on with the factory cable the kindle will boot in fastboot mode, I try option 3 in KFFT (restore) say no when it asks if I want KFFT to put it into Fastboot mode KFFT will flash a screen, then on the bottom it says it downloaded 3 images and then just says waiting for device and thats it.

At this point all im trying to do is get it back to how it was out of the box.

I have the android SDK installed and im completely clueless on ADB, when I open CMD its at C:\users\my name\desktop> and if i try any of the fastboot commands nothing works.

If you can still access your OS then install this app https://play.google.com/store/search?c=apps&q=su+checker and tell me what it says. If not then tell me so we can move forward from there.

I don't think Binary works on first generation KF. I think you need to use KFU.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.4 using XDA premium 4 mobile app