Boot animation not changing in nexus 5

Search This thread

jaferiqbal

Mar 13, 2014
Hey guys, today i tried to change my boot animation with ROM toolbox but it failed. Then i also tried by copying boot animation.zip in root/system/media but still it didn't change.
What should i do ?

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
put the bootanimation.zip into (root)/data/local/, save and reboot(with a root file explorer). if its still not working, then wont work with the n5. rom toolbox is an old app, and has old boot animations. its possible they wont work with the n5.

jaferiqbal

Mar 13, 2014
@simms22
Worked by placing zip in data/local
Thanks , from where can i get batman boot animation for nexus 5 .
Tried google it bt no good results

Last edited:

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
@simms22
Worked by placing zip in data/local
Thanks , from where can i get batman boot animation for nexus 5 .
Tried google it bt no good results

you can make one :)
if you do find older boot animations, most will be tiny on the n5screen.n because the n5 has a much greater screen resolution than any older device. i havent seen any newer batman boot animations.

Citizen_Snips

Apr 23, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel Watch 2
put the bootanimation.zip into (root)/data/local/, save and reboot(with a root file explorer). if its still not working, then wont work with the n5. rom toolbox is an old app, and has old boot animations. its possible they wont work with the n5.

Old or not, there's no reason they shouldn't work. If they aren't made for this specific screen resolution, all you need to do is unzip the animation, batch resize all the images in the the folders, edit desc.txt and compress it back to a zip file again. Pretty simple, actually! :good:

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Old or not, there's no reason they shouldn't work. If they aren't made for this specific screen resolution, all you need to do is unzip the animation, batch resize all the images in the the folders, edit desc.txt and compress it back to a zip file again. Pretty simple, actually! :good:

i said older and being tiny on the screen. anyways, i think if the op knew how to enlarge them and zip them back up, then he wouldnt be looking for a batman boot animation, he would make his own ;)

jaferiqbal

Mar 13, 2014

That sounds like a lot of work to me