Defective?Gnote acting weird, auto doing things then hangs up.Help!

Search This thread

SpEaKeRb0xXx

May 31, 2012
Its been my second month with my gnote pro 12.2 and im starting to have problems. First there will be some random press on my screen, ramdom apps will just pop up even tho im not touching its icon. Letter "N" on screen keyboard sometimes doesn't work, when im typing very fast it'll skip the letter "N". When im sliding it side to side it'll bring up the whole slide page even tho im just using one finger. The slide effect won't go through, i have to slide the whole page from left to right or vice versa. The worst thing that i experience is its like its acting that something is tapping on the screen very fast you will see the icon up and down really fast and you really cant do anything to stop it but to wait until it hangs up. cant shut it down, back and task button doesn't work. Home button works but can't shut it down, itll just reboot it self.. It's driving me nuts coz basically i left my laptop at home so i have to work from my note and right now im working on a site.

My device is on full stock, i haven't done any tweaks on it. And im using the wifi version SM-P900. I recorded a video of my gnote pro 12.2 using my g3 and pardon me for the quality since i have to convert it coz the file is so huge. It is a long boring 8 mins video showing my device is acting weird.

TURN OFF THE VOLUME (i can't find android video converter that removes the sound).

0:44 - you can see that it change the highlited email even tho im not pressing anything.
1:02 - its brings up the whole page screen. Im just using 1 finger to slide.
1:20 - menu button doesnt work. It hangs a bit and pops up a balloon.
1:35 - this is where it started doing crazy stuff.

http://youtu.be/7S83-sHYd-c

Last edited:

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Auto brightness on the camera of your phone made it hard to tell since the rest of the scene was too dark so answer these few questions: Do you have a case on it? Does that case turn on/off the screen when opened? If you do have a case have you tried reproducing the results with the tablet removed from it?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Seems like it was protesting to having todisplay the image of the Apple building... :p

In all seriousness though, could you turn on 'Show Touches' under Developers options? (Tap build number 7 times under About Device if you can't find Dev options.) It may have phantom touches.

And try the above suggested solution of detaching the case if you're using one.

Reactions: SpEaKeRb0xXx

SpEaKeRb0xXx

May 31, 2012
Auto brightness on the camera of your phone made it hard to tell since the rest of the scene was too dark so answer these few questions: Do you have a case on it? Does that case turn on/off the screen when opened? If you do have a case have you tried reproducing the results with the tablet removed from it?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for the respo se. No i don't have the case for my note im using slid on pouch for 12" notebook to keep it safe i stead. I never accide taly drop it either. Im also having random error message like "can't arrange alphabetically" sometimes "internal server error". I also got very few apps installed si ce im usi g this device as my laptop, i needed every storage space of this device, what im using most is hancom apps and autocad also chrome, default email apps a d sometimes skype.

Im not gonna edit this message so you can actually see how letter "n" misses.
Im using the default screen keyboard of the device. Tho the problem is not present if im using bluetooth keyboard. Im planni g to do a factory reset but the problem is i can't do that till i got home.

I just hope that this is more on software issue than hardware issue. Also, it happen often but randomly so i can't figure out what apps causing it.

SpEaKeRb0xXx

May 31, 2012
Seems like it was protesting to having todisplay the image of the Apple building... :p

In all seriousness though, could you turn on 'Show Touches' under Developers options? (Tap b uild number 7 times under About Device if you can't find Dev options.) It may have phantom touches.

Yup, sure ill turn it on and observe, thanks for the idea.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
That rules out the case issue. These tablets are sensitive to magnetic fields and will act up in the presence of magnets, that's why i mentioned it earlier. I was careful in how I asked because some will be in denial about whether or not their case has any magnets hidden within the case.

If your tablet is indeed showing phantom touches the next logical step would be to factory reset and observe the tablet for a while afterwards. You'd have to reinstall all of your software though so make sure to back up all of your files first. If you do go this route I'd suggest refraining from logging into your google account when you set up the device from a reset OR if you do log in, don't opt into auto backup/restore of the device. This will keep the device from installing previously purchased software making it easier to monitor it BONE STOCK to rule out the chance of your issues being software related. If you can do this and the tablet has issues bone stock then it could be a hardware issue with the digitizer . .

Reactions: SpEaKeRb0xXx

SpEaKeRb0xXx

May 31, 2012
That rules out the case issue. These tablets are sensitive to magnetic fields and will act up in the presence of magnets, that's why i mentioned it earlier. I was careful in how I asked because some will be in denial about whether or not their case has any magnets hidden within the case.

If your tablet is indeed showing phantom touches the next logical step would be to factory reset and observe the tablet for a while afterwards. You'd have to reinstall all of your software though so make sure to back up all of your files first. If you do go this route I'd suggest refraining from logging into your google account when you set up the device from a reset OR if you do log in, don't opt into auto backup/restore of the device. This will keep the device from installing previously purchased software making it easier to monitor it BONE STOCK to rule out the chance of your issues being software related. If you can do this and the tablet has issues bone stock then it could be a hardware issue with the digitizer . .

The only problem right now is i can't do that till next week. Or ill start to upload my files with dropbox and ill just borrow a laptop. My main suspect actually is google chrome, this month i think i receive 4 updates with chrome and since then i started having this issues. I really hope that this is just software issue, sammy cust service here in ph is absolutely ridiculous.

Thank you for giving me ideas

The only problem right now is i can't do that till next week. Or ill start to upload my files with dropbox and ill just borrow a laptop. My main suspect actually is google chrome, this month i think i receive 4 updates with chrome and since then i started having this issues. I really hope that this is just software issue, sammy cust service here in ph is absolutely ridiculous.

Thank you for giving me ideas

If you suspect it's chrome, go to settings > application manager > all > chrome > erase data and cache, and then uninstall or disable it. (depending on the available options).

As for the keyboard, can you give swiftkey a try, see if that has the same issues?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

SpEaKeRb0xXx

May 31, 2012
If you suspect it's chrome, go to settings > application manager > all > chrome > erase data and cache, and then uninstall or disable it. (depending on the available options).

As for the keyboard, can you give swiftkey a try, see if that has the same issues?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Yes i think that's the culprit. Im in the middle of backing up my files now coz i decided to go for a factory reset. Ill observe how my device will behave on full stock without users apps installed.

As for the keyboard, yes ill install swiftkey.. somehow it makes me ask myself, why the hell am i still using the default keyboard?

Anyway, thank you for all the inputs, ill give it all a shot.

SpEaKeRb0xXx

May 31, 2012
After going back on full stock, no apps being installed, and testing for 2 days, sad to say but the problem still exist. Il give it another try and will flash stock rom, this will be my last resort and if things still not fixed, maybe its time for this beast to have its repair and vacation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In all seriousness though, could you turn on 'Show Touches' under Developers options? (Tap build number 7 times under About Device if you can't find Dev options.) It may have phantom touches.