error occurred during install Unknown Reason - 18

Search This thread
Sep 13, 2010
I'm sure a few of you have heard of this.

I googled the hell out of this getting different answers and different results each time. People say that this is caused by the apps being downloaded to the SD and not the phone storage. So check any possible setting to make sure that the default install location is the internal memory and make sure nothing is being moved to SD (hell, I've REMOVED my card and downloaded the app only to have the same issue). It persists. I farted around for a bit and got a couple of things that were giving me issues to successfully install, but then another app would start giving me trouble.

What am I doing wrong (or not doing for that matter)

Linnel

Jul 30, 2010
dunno, I've had the same issue, sometimes clearning some internal space helped, sometimes therfe were broken download.apk files in /sdcard/download/ that deleting helped.
Sometimes.

Subversion

Oct 31, 2009
What exactly will this do? Will this allow me to install Street View for Google Navigation?

It will fix the problem discussed in this thread. "error occurred during install Unknown Reason - 18". When you try to install stuff and it either never fully downloads, or never fully installs. This is the fix, regardless of the individual app you're trying to install.

Usually. I've found that this isn't always the fix, but is the one that has worked most often to me.

frankiepapa

Sep 1, 2010
It will fix the problem discussed in this thread. "error occurred during install Unknown Reason - 18". When you try to install stuff and it either never fully downloads, or never fully installs. This is the fix, regardless of the individual app you're trying to install.

Usually. I've found that this isn't always the fix, but is the one that has worked most often to me.

This is absolutely a noob question, does this require rooting and how do you get to the "terminal", thanks