[ROM] [ICS 4.0.4] JJ's HYBRID ROM v3.3b (HotUpdate) ROM Control | 12 Aug |

Search This thread

Kyrius

Jun 11, 2010
Graz
Drain started again ... I flashed the fix two days ago, but the drain appeared again tonight. I flashed the fix again i'll see what happens.

mathewgx

Feb 25, 2012
This is a very nice and stable rom. But can you add a widget for call and favorites , please ?

yujin_11

Nov 1, 2010
nowhere?
HD Video recording stutters on while recording, but when viewing it's fine...

I'll be testing it further along with wifi(having wifi modules flashed)

paulie.g

Mar 30, 2012
no voice input on keyboard?

first off, great rom and much thanks

secondly, i can't get voice input to work. specifically, regardless of the voice input button setting in the android kb settings menu, there isn't one - either on the main kb or on the symbols kb. it just doesn't appear. a few threads elsewhere reference there being a different setting called 'google voice typing' in the input & lang menu alongside 'android keyboard' and needing to have that enabled, but i don't see that setting either.

i've also tried installing the backported ics keyboard from the market, where the mic key does appear, but does nothing when clicked (or brings up config options).

anybody else seeing this/have a fix? i suspect the libs needed to support this functionality are missing/fubared and users of other device+rom combos report that it's an issue with specific gapps zip versions, which for them come separately (like for cm, for example) unlike in this rom, where i'm assuming they're baked in. could it have something to do with the rom targeting st18i and me having an st18a?

given how small the ray is, i'd really like to have this ;)

-p

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
first off, great rom and much thanks

secondly, i can't get voice input to work. specifically, regardless of the voice input button setting in the android kb settings menu, there isn't one - either on the main kb or on the symbols kb. it just doesn't appear. a few threads elsewhere reference there being a different setting called 'google voice typing' in the input & lang menu alongside 'android keyboard' and needing to have that enabled, but i don't see that setting either.

i've also tried installing the backported ics keyboard from the market, where the mic key does appear, but does nothing when clicked (or brings up config options).

anybody else seeing this/have a fix? i suspect the libs needed to support this functionality are missing/fubared and users of other device+rom combos report that it's an issue with specific gapps zip versions, which for them come separately (like for cm, for example) unlike in this rom, where i'm assuming they're baked in. could it have something to do with the rom targeting st18i and me having an st18a?

given how small the ray is, i'd really like to have this ;)

-p

I have removed google voice and it's libs... It's useless IMO for most.. Boone asked for it so i didn't put as addon

Kurosaki70

Feb 27, 2012
France
my question is noob but you have addon flash zip or other for face unlock because i have save face unlock in kax but face unlock doesnt work because its cant accéz in camera front

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
my question is noob but you have addon flash zip or other for face unlock because i have save face unlock in kax but face unlock doesnt work because its cant accéz in camera front

dont want to disappoint you.. but I have intentionally removed facelock and all its libs.. its totally a useless feature and a bloatware...it is not yet optimized for the vga cam that we have on our Ray... ;).. adding it would only reduce performance...

paulie.g

Mar 30, 2012
I have removed google voice and it's libs... It's useless IMO for most.. Boone asked for it so i didn't put as addon

are we talking google voice as in their phone system or, as i meant it, the speech-to-text stuff? if it's the phone system, i agree, it's useless. if it's the speech-to-text, what can i do to reenable it? being able to dictate short sms and emails is a must for me. i tried installing google voice search, which i had hoped would add all the necessary libs, but it didn't. the voice search itself works, but the voice input method is still not available.

i understand you might not have the time or the desire to publish an addon since i'm the only person who's asked for it, although i assure you a lot of people would want it (just check the forums for all 3rd party keyboards that don't support it in ics and people threatening to dump them if it's not fixed). could you at least point me in the direction of what i need to add back in to make this work?

-p

Top Liked Posts