Soft Bricked my phone and is stuck in LOGO screen/ cant mount usb too

Search This thread

asibmkhan

Sep 2, 2014
My phone is a HTC ONE X, I recently unclocked it bootloader, then rooted the phone using CLOCLWORKMOD 5.8.3.1 recovery.
I downloaded a CYANOGENMOD 11 NIGHTLY (which maybe runs on 4.4.4 kikkat as i saw) , when i went to my phone's recovery mode, i actually wiped my phone's data and wiped my cache and dalvik cache everything, the problem is that when i installed my CYANOGENMOD my phone is constantly giving status 7 error. I cannot even use the mount usb system from my CLOCKWORKMOD recovery because I get the ''cannot open ums lunfile'' bla bla error. Thus I soft bricked my phone i guess because i can only get my phone booted to the recovery mode only and the phone stucks in the HTC QUIELTY BRILLIANT logo and then boots back to recovery, it happened yesterday and i have searched everything but couldnt figure out what to do.
Please help what should i do to get my phone to normal? :mad:

khairulez

Mar 17, 2013
My phone is a HTC ONE X, I recently unclocked it bootloader, then rooted the phone using CLOCLWORKMOD 5.8.3.1 recovery.
I downloaded a CYANOGENMOD 11 NIGHTLY (which maybe runs on 4.4.4 kikkat as i saw) , when i went to my phone's recovery mode, i actually wiped my phone's data and wiped my cache and dalvik cache everything, the problem is that when i installed my CYANOGENMOD my phone is constantly giving status 7 error. I cannot even use the mount usb system from my CLOCKWORKMOD recovery because I get the ''cannot open ums lunfile'' bla bla error. Thus I soft bricked my phone i guess because i can only get my phone booted to the recovery mode only and the phone stucks in the HTC QUIELTY BRILLIANT logo and then boots back to recovery, it happened yesterday and i have searched everything but couldnt figure out what to do.
Please help what should i do to get my phone to normal? :mad:
Upgrade recovery.

Tap via Tapatalk

asibmkhan

Sep 2, 2014
u mean to say download a latest clockworkmod recovery? then how do i flash it via fastboot if i cant get it in my phone storage?
Please help

asibmkhan

Sep 2, 2014
Flashed a new recovery and VOILA IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!! CYANOGENMOD INSTALLED, bt now stuck on the screen where the cyanogenmod animation looping is happening, for how long does it happen?

nogotaclue

Jan 16, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Flashed a new recovery and VOILA IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!! CYANOGENMOD INSTALLED, bt now stuck on the screen where the cyanogenmod animation looping is happening, for how long does it happen?

flash the boot.img from the rom, even if you have already done it, via fastboot command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" then "fastboot erase cache" and then try the rom again, and to answer your question, I have waited sometimes only a couple of minutes up to about 15 mins for some roms to boot

khairulez

Mar 17, 2013
Sorry for late reply,lot works to do but hey! you managed to do it.about that problem you need flash boot.img inside that rom.
Use @nogotaclue way to flash it.

Tap via Tapatalk

Reactions: nogotaclue

asibmkhan

Sep 2, 2014
yes yes!! It worked i did used cmd and flashed boot.img
now using the CM11 mod nightly, loving it :D thanks a lot guys for the help!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for late reply,lot works to do but hey! you managed to do it.about that problem you need flash boot.img inside that rom.
    Use @nogotaclue way to flash it.

Tap via Tapatalk