{RAY}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.1 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

nroberto13

Apr 23, 2012
Timisoara
Hi,

Long story short.
I bricked my phone (xperia RAY ) flashing a custom rom, tried different kind of fixes to unbrick it but none of them worked, phone is always hanging at sony or sony ericsson logo, depending on the kernel I use. tried stock firmwares as well.
Then I came across your rom+kernel, I flashed cm10 fxp 221 ( kernel+rom ) and device boots successfully, but touch is not working.
I then tried cm9 fxp216, and the same behavior.
What I mentioned also is that in cwm ( both kernels cm9 and cm10 ) I can use only side buttons for navigation and home button for select , I can't go back neither with power button nor with back.
The only way I can use back in cwm is aire's kernel wich has a cwm 5.0.x.x, and can go back pressing power button.

Would you please advise, what could be wrong with my device?

Thank you!

nroberto13

Apr 23, 2012
Timisoara
I see, this is not a support thread.
Let me rephrase my questions, maybe I can figure it out by myself with your help :).
What does your ( kernel/rom) different to stock, why the phone boots fine?
Where are the touch drivers stored in initrd ( kernel ) or in rom or in both places?

Thanks!

vleutmans

Feb 6, 2011
I once had a non working touchscreen android phone, brand samsung.
I flashed and flashed.... But no luck.
Finally i removed the battery and let the phone rest for an hour.That did the trick for me and touchscreen worked again.

Please try if you didn't already :D

Sent from my ST18i using xda app-developers app

nroberto13

Apr 23, 2012
Timisoara
I once had a non working touchscreen android phone, brand samsung.
I flashed and flashed.... But no luck.
Finally i removed the battery and let the phone rest for an hour.That did the trick for me and touchscreen worked again.

Please try if you didn't already :D

my phone was hanging around without battery for days..., but no luck.

vleutmans

Feb 6, 2011
You have an unlocked bootloader i assume?

Did you try flashing gb stock roms too? Then i mean flashing not a zipfile but. Ftf instead (and not exlude kernel nor baseband)?

nroberto13

Apr 23, 2012
Timisoara
You have an unlocked bootloader i assume?

Did you try flashing gb stock roms too? Then i mean flashing not a zipfile but. Ftf instead (and not exlude kernel nor baseband)?

yes, unlocked bootloader.

I tried everything I could, all the stock firmware GB and ICS. many custom roms fro the touch unbrick topic

nothing worked so far.

the phone boots with cm9/10 but touch is not working.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

what does custom kernel/rom in different way so it boots with bricked touchscreen?
stock fw hangs at Sony ( Sony Ericsson ) logo.

mp107

Mar 13, 2014
What application we need to use FM radio?
I tried SpiritFM but it seemed to not work.
There was no sound. Only RDS was shown.

Last edited:

vleutmans

Feb 6, 2011
If you use ics then why not use the best superleggera 7 ?

Sent from my ST18i using XDA Free mobile app

mp107

Mar 13, 2014
I use ICS only due to (official) compatibility Flash Player with Opera Mobile/Classic.
I know it works on JB too but now I refrain from testing other ROMs because I don't have spare time to do it (at least now).
I have tested Superleggera ROM but it had the same drawback as other stock-based ROMs - connecting with unnecessary (for me) servers during Wi-Fi using. Wihout gapps installed too.
I don't have this problem in CM9 (and few others AOSP-based ROMs which I tested).

Beside that in description (#2 post) I can see that FM Radio is marked as working so it should be a method to make it work.

Thanks for the answer anyway.

vleutmans

Feb 6, 2011
I dont know what you mean with unnecessary servers connecting during wifi :) Maybe you can explain?

Sent from my ST18i using XDA Free mobile app

mp107

Mar 13, 2014
Sorry for long period of time since the answer.

These unnecessary servers are clearly visible in applications such as NetStat (or similar).
Every time I am connecting to the Internet through Wi-Fi I can see at least one Google's IP with an established connection.

For example recently I was testing two KiKat ROMs - CM11 LXP and CarbonROM and both of them were connecting with cache.google.com .

It is really irritating for me especially when I can see it doesn't look like necessary (because CM9 FXP ROM hasn't got this bug/feature).

Top Liked Posts