Tips on getting rid of lags

Search This thread

Jan 4, 2013
Something I found helped reduce lag was removing the app drawer icon labels with p.tour's excellent g3 tweakbox. I'm not sure if its in my head as it just looks cleaner but certainly seems to help me so worth giving it a try...

cnn888

Dec 13, 2008
Hey i cant help but notice the camera a+ on/off in the service menu 3845#*855#.

Does anyone know what it does? Does it improve the camera?

dondavis007

Aug 10, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I think I have got the phone as smooth as it can be without lg gives it an update or a rommaker turns everything that steals cpu cycles off.

Root etc. Lagfix trim, seeder (testing if it really do,anything for me), art, minimal graphics and greenify. Exept for a odd hickup even TapaTalk is smooth.

cattr70

Jan 17, 2011
keyboard lag solution

It is as simple as disabling all spell checking and suggestions etc. I had the lags fresh out of the box but when I disabled those it is all OK... Hope it helps...

papelet

Nov 15, 2010
New Jersey
I'm not ready to root yet so I just went from dalvik to ART, disabled the LG smart bulletin page, enabled high temperature property and, just now, switch animation to 0.5.
It seems to be helping a lot, even with 9 widgets running all the time.
next I'll try to disable all delete apps I don't need (t-mobile and LG)
thanks!

GroovyGeek

Oct 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Maybe try swiftkey? It's free and I love it with my Note 2 - especially the ability to control how long a long press is for numbers etc. Let me know how it is if you do, since I plan on using it with the G3.

Also, maybe something like Greenify will help hibernate more background processes and make it heat up less and free up the CPU?

SwiftKey is one of the few things that notably lag on my G3. Tried a bunch of things, nothing seems to work. Not terrible but it is perceptible and consistent

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you can try the following thing, root not required:

Disable the Thermal Throttling..
    go to phone, type 3845#*[YOUR G3 MODEL NUMBER e.g 855 for D855 model]#.. for example 3845#*855#, go to high temperature property, switch to enable..
    it basically turns off the cpu throttling, which means you'll get more time on higher clock speeds.. lag could be gone but your phone will run hotter and may uses more battery..

Use ART instead of Dalvik
    my experience with my previous G2 is that when you change to ART, everything gets more responsive.. opening apps, load times, even the stock keyboard shows instantly.. i have no app issues with ART (i dont used xposed) so give it a try..

Change transitions to 0.5x
    yes, it does provide a faster and smoother feel..

those came from my previous G2 so it should work here.. ive been using the above setting on my G3 and i havent experienced any lag or slowdowns.. the only issue i had on my G3 is the poor memory management (it randomly kills app)
    also i suggest you to give some time for the ROM to settle down, especially after you change the runtime between ART & Dalvik..
    After using my LG G3 a couple of days I'll say it lags about the same as the S5 did before the first two updates. You have to give it to Sammy, they did try to fix it pretty quick. The problem is more that their ui lags in the first place.

I used them both side by side the S5 way more laggy (than the pre-production G3 2GB RAM). Look at this review (although it's gaming and not UI) -

In developer's options either scale animations to 0.5 or off completely, see if it works

Sent from G3
    You can't do anything to get rid of it.

Best case scenario is future updates by LG will improve performance, but no one can know for sure.

600€ phone and it lags. Money means nothing anymore :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Nova feels a great deal smoither, the problem is LGs ui, but switching to a better launcher takes away a lot of LG stuff like the fitnessapp and I using it. Darn LG stop baking in functions in out ui alone [emoji35]
    Did you get the last update from Sammy it some good. I just hate lags on a brand new phone. Its just nothing else than bad optimizing on the oem part. My S5, now sold, was a real lagfeast before a couple of updates. That said, the first thing I did was to get rid of TW. Whenitcomes to the LG I rather keep the skin because of the LG apps and widgets.

I got rid of my S5, I used my sister S5 to compare between them. I returned the pre-production G3 to LG and I should get the final consumer version till the end of the week (D855 32GB).