[Q] I'm in lockscreen purgatory - I need one that does what I want!

Search This thread

jkoseattle

Mar 26, 2014
I'm brand new to Android, an immigrant from Windows Phone. While I love my Note 3 and am very happy I made the switch, I'm trying to replicate one big feature that came standard on the WP. It seems easy enough, but not so far.

I want a lockscreen that shows me the following things without my having to swipe anything. I turn on the phone, I see these things:
* Unread mail count for the out-of-the-box Email app
* Unread mail count for a second account which currently uses K-9 mail but doesn't have to
* ONLY unread text messages. The actual messages would be nice, but just the count is ok. Unread only!!!
* Upcoming calendar appointments

Of course there are a million lockscreens out there, but I can't seem to nail down the one that does the above things. I can get some of this, but no lockscreen seems to give me this.

I would like another lockscreen widget that presents me with a blank note I can write on, like S-Note or an Action Memo, but I want the ability to handwrite with the stylus. But that can be on another lock screen page.

Any help?

Sammath

Dec 24, 2008
Nijmegen
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You could try out widgetlocker. It's a great alternative to the stock one imo. And with the right apps like missed it! You can set the unread pins. I guess you want something like I used to have? (screenie is old but something like that?)

Sent from my SM-N9005 beast of a phone.

Attachments

• 1395862572552.jpg
    1395862572552.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 48

icinchy

Dec 18, 2011
Try using dash clock and it's extensions as a widget on your lockscreen. As long as you get the right extensions it can do everything you need and more.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk