(Unlocked For Non GSM)

Type Smartphone
Storage Capacity 16 GB
Network Generation 4G
Network Technology CDMA / EVDO Rev. A, LTE

Camera 10.0 MP

Battery
Battery Capacity 2200 mAh

Will this phone work in the UK. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Arak-Nafein

Sep 9, 2010
I am looking to buy Moto X on eBay which has spec as below,

Product Identifiers
Brand Motorola
Carrier U.S. Cellular
Model Moto X

(Unlocked For Non GSM)

Type Smartphone
Storage Capacity 16 GB
Network Generation 4G

Camera 10.0 MP

Battery

Thanks in advance.

The phone will work with WIFI. You need a GSM phone, not a CDMA phone, if you want cellular reception.

Reactions: smohanv

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
@smohanv

While this wiki page -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moto_X indicates the XT1055 does support 850/900/1900/2100 UMTS/HSPA, the FCC docs don't list any UMTS/HSPA/WCDMA tests, only CDMA, LTE, and Wifi. And US Cellular's web site doesn't list UMTS/HSPA as supported either. So I'm not sure. Reading THIS FCC doc for the XT1055 indicates only CDMA 800/1900, LTE Bands 4, 5 and 12 only. No mention of UMTS/HSPA/WCDMA.

UMTS and HSPA will be needed if you want faster than 2G speeds on GSM networks.

one other thing I'm unsure of, if the US Cellular X (XT1055) is SIM unlocked for GSM.

smohanv

Nov 5, 2006
Higham, Rochester, Kent
@smohanv

While this wiki page -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moto_X indicates the XT1055 does support 850/900/1900/2100 UMTS/HSPA, the FCC docs don't list any UMTS/HSPA/WCDMA tests, only CDMA, LTE, and Wifi. And US Cellular's web site doesn't list UMTS/HSPA as supported either. So I'm not sure. Reading THIS FCC doc for the XT1055 indicates only CDMA 800/1900, LTE Bands 4, 5 and 12 only. No mention of UMTS/HSPA/WCDMA.

one other thing I'm unsure of, if the US Cellular X (XT1055) is SIM unlocked for GSM.

Thanks. It is very strange that Moto X comes in different model by network and confusing which one to choose from for the GSM networks like in the UK.

Motorola Moto X XT1058 for AT&T
Motorola Moto X XT1053 for T-Mobile
Motorola Moto X XT1052 for Europe
Motorola Moto X XT1056 for Sprint
Motorola Moto X XT1060 for Verizon
Motorola Moto X XT1055 for U.S. Cellular

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks. It is very strange that Moto X comes in different model by network and confusing which one to choose from for the GSM networks like in the UK.

This is because of the different frequencies in use by location, and by carrier as well in the case of the USA...

I would be been nice if Moto could have made one GSM version that supported all GSM/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA/LTE frequencies around the globe, and then the CDMA variants (like Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular) as needed.

From that list, most would probably say... XT1052 or XT1053 for use in Europe, but keep in mind the XT1053 would be missing some LTE bands and/or UMTS/HSPA bands that are likely used in Europe.

XT1058 could also work, but you can't unlock its boot loader, and you'd have to watch out for one or two bands not being there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am looking to buy Moto X on eBay which has spec as below,

Product Identifiers
    Brand Motorola
    Carrier U.S. Cellular
    Model Moto X

(Unlocked For Non GSM)

Type Smartphone
    Storage Capacity 16 GB
    Network Generation 4G

Camera 10.0 MP

Battery

Thanks in advance.

The phone will work with WIFI. You need a GSM phone, not a CDMA phone, if you want cellular reception.
    @smohanv

This is because of the different frequencies in use by location, and by carrier as well in the case of the USA...

I would be been nice if Moto could have made one GSM version that supported all GSM/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA/LTE frequencies around the globe, and then the CDMA variants (like Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular) as needed.

From that list, most would probably say... XT1052 or XT1053 for use in Europe, but keep in mind the XT1053 would be missing some LTE bands and/or UMTS/HSPA bands that are likely used in Europe.

XT1058 could also work, but you can't unlock its boot loader, and you'd have to watch out for one or two bands not being there.