Is it Worth to buy LGOG ?

Search This thread

WreckLv

Jun 17, 2014
Yeah sure, is really smart to buy a 2012 flagship instead of a 2014 mid-range which is faster, better, cheaper and also has more support time. Don't get me wrong. But the log is totally obsolete compared to newer devices, even some mid-ranges. Even the s4 mini is faster and smoother than the lgog...

I'm not saying it isn't good, just saying that if you want a flagship device, buy one new, not one outdated and almost unsupported by the oem.

Enviado de meu LG-E975 usando Tapatalk

Bull****. No matter old or new, Adreno 305 wont beat Adreno 320..And mid-range SOC of 2013 wont beat 2012 top range. Yes, it will feel fast. But put it to more demanding tasks, and you will get those A7`s to knees. As with chinese phones-they all get goot scores in antutu, but when u put them to gaming..not so good anymore.

Reactions: jancis201991

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
Get something else. The Optimus G is not a good investment anymore. If I was to drop $200 on a cell phone today, I'd get the Xiaomi Redmi. My friend has one and man oh man it's amazing. I believe it works with Canada 3G too. Not too sure though, will have to double check.

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
I'm sorry but anyone who thinks the snapdragon 400 and adreno 305 are better than the snapdragon s4 pro and adreno 320 just because those are newer is a real stupid ****...

And for 200-300 the Optimus G is a hell of a good investment. Ignorance is never bliss.
Sent from my LG-E977 using XDA Free mobile app

Avantu

Dec 10, 2013
Get something else. The Optimus G is not a good investment anymore. If I was to drop $200 on a cell phone today, I'd get the Xiaomi Redmi. My friend has one and man oh man it's amazing. I believe it works with Canada 3G too. Not too sure though, will have to double check.

Xiaomi Redmi isn't better than Optimus G in any aspect. First of all, Redmi is budget phone, even cheaper than your mentioned 200$. Secondly, it hasn't anything better than Optimus G. Worse procesor (Mediatek or Snapdragon 400), 1GB ram, worse build quality(i guess), and you have to get the phone from China, which means low support if you broke your phone or something.

Same goes to guy who told that Moto G is better than Optimus G haha. First of all, it is again cheaper phone, with worse specs, why even think about cheaper phone if u can go with Optimus G or Galaxy S3 LTE for example?

It is hard to find better phone for this price than Optimus G, maybe some chinese phones, from Oppo or similar. When i was searching for phone, i was thinking about Xiaomi, but for the price i would get MT6589T which is lot worse than Snapdragon in Optimus G, so i prefered to get little more money and go for LG.

//Edit: Yes it is really worth to buy LG Optimus G, especially if you are going to root and mod it which is super easy with this phone. Second good phone i would consider is Galaxy S3 LTE(which has 2GB of ram), but only if u are going to modify the system, stock rom is getting slow over time and without mods sound isn't as good as people says. If stock, i would go for LGOG, if u want to mod it depends on your preference, Camera/Audio(Galaxy S3) or Performance(LGOG). On the other hand, as i said LG is super easy to modify and has good sound after installing ViperAudio for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilKing009

gboos

Jun 27, 2014
I bought my LGOG E975 like 3 months ago. Used on eBay without any scratch or something else for 200EUR. Today, I would buy it again. In these 3 months I had the chance to test it against other much higher priced phones. Don't see any real and serious disadvantage in day-to-day usage against newer phones. Look at the Moto X or something else. Less memory, equal power, less battery life etc. Just an example.

I think LGOG E975 is still a "buy-to-go".

Last edited:
Reactions: nexuspur

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMHO yes, it's great value for such little price, but camera sucks badly. Other things are still very good, screen is one of the best so far and desing looks as elegant as 2 years ago. Of course it all depends on your preferences.
    Moto G has the best 5mp pictures I'd seen, has a processor that's running at the same clock beats the n4/og, has a screen that fits better in hands, and got all official updates one month after aosp sources were released. In theory it beats the og in all comparisons, apart from the theoretical one. Newer mid range how always beat older high end one. The prove is that three years ago the s2 and the atria were the best, now any **** is better than both.

What?

Qualcomm MDM9615/APQ8064 1,5 Ghz Krait vs Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 1.2 Ghz A7
    Adreno 320 vs Adreno 305
    2gb ram vs 1 gb ram
    What the hell are you talkin about?
    LG OG users,

Is this device is better in terms of gaming(especially in Graphics) ?

and

does it supports Slow-Motion Video recording ? :confused:
    Since nexus 5 is so cheap, i would save up for it. Camera is good, if you dont have sun in front of camera...Light ruins every photo. No matter how strong or weak it is, it will ruin every photo you want to take indoors. Outdoors its okaai. In terms of gaming, this lil dude runs everything i want. It definately beats Samsung galaxy s3 in everything, but camera and sound. Display is amazing, and looks are nice too.

About slow-motion videos..idk. Stock camera doesnt have this function.

In short, it all depends from your budget and the price you can get the Optimus G for.
    LG OG users,

Is this device is better in terms of gaming(especially in Graphics) ?

and

does it supports Slow-Motion Video recording ? :confused:

Gaming on the LG Optimus G is perfect! It supports medium to high graphics. From what I've seen, because I've played a lot of games on it, every game runs smooth with good graphics, like Real Racing 3 and like about a month ago, I started playing Blitz Brigade. Great games and good graphics. Price per performance, I find the LG Optimus G perfect! I am now on Kitkat made from LG. Stable, smooth, no lag/slowdowns at all and no crashes. Camera improved a lot since Kitkat. And you get 32GB of storage, 2GB of RAM, Adreno 320(Still great). It can run any emulator at full speed, except for Dolphin Emulator(Stays black and then crashes because of bad drivers) and PPSSPP(depending on the game).

And no.. It doesn't have Slow-Motion Video recording.. It has the capabilities, because the Xiaomi Mi2 can record up to 120fps at 480p and 720p at 60-90fps and has the same Qualcomm APQ8064. I mean, it should.. But it doesn't
    No, there are better and cheaper devices out there already. I would go for the 4g moto G, for a good as it, or to the g3 to the best I think it's available.