[Q] Best non-root wifi tether options (verizon unlimited data)?

Search This thread

worf65

Aug 22, 2014
I want to get a Galaxy S5 but I want to hold off on rooting it for a little while so I can avoid having any problems with the warranty if something goes wrong since most defects will show up early on if they are present. I want to be able to use the wifi tethering on a trip for labor day weekend. What are the best options on this phone with the latest updates? I don't know what software version will be on it when I get it. I have used foxfi in the past before I rooted my current droid RAZR MAXX. A lot of these apps don't always work depending on phone, software version, and carrier.

zorrigas

Dec 13, 2009
Chile
www.gtagamingchile.com
I want to get a Galaxy S5 but I want to hold off on rooting it for a little while so I can avoid having any problems with the warranty if something goes wrong since most defects will show up early on if they are present. I want to be able to use the wifi tethering on a trip for labor day weekend. What are the best options on this phone with the latest updates? I don't know what software version will be on it when I get it. I have used foxfi in the past before I rooted my current droid RAZR MAXX. A lot of these apps don't always work depending on phone, software version, and carrier.

use towelroot for root... only download, open, press button, and ready.... full root, 0 apps, you can open root apps without trace of "super user apps"

worf65

Aug 22, 2014
use towelroot for root... only download, open, press button, and ready.... full root, 0 apps, you can open root apps without trace of "super user apps"

Is there any easy way to undo this if I have any problems with the phone? I've rooted all my previous phones but I prefer to wait a few weeks before doing anything irreversible just in case I run into any hardware failures and need to get the phone replaced. I do want to get this done as soon as possible, the software update notification is getting really annoying but I don't want to void my warranty.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Is there any easy way to undo this if I have any problems with the phone? I've rooted all my previous phones but I prefer to wait a few weeks before doing anything irreversible just in case I run into any hardware failures and need to get the phone replaced. I do want to get this done as soon as possible, the software update notification is getting really annoying but I don't want to void my warranty.

download an official firmware to be flashed with Odin, doing this will remove all traces of root and won't trigger knox either, you then have your warranty back, bare in mind that to use towel root you must be on an older firmware, think it's may or earlier, you can check your version under settings about phone.

worf65

Aug 22, 2014
download an official firmware to be flashed with Odin, doing this will remove all traces of root and won't trigger knox either, you then have your warranty back, bare in mind that to use towel root you must be on an older firmware, think it's may or earlier, you can check your version under settings about phone.

Thanks, I'll root it soon. My kernel version is from march so I should be fine. Its telling me to update constantly though, first thing I'm going to do after rooting it will be to disable that.

Reactions: dlads

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Thanks, I'll root it soon. My kernel version is from march so I should be fine. Its telling me to update constantly though, first thing I'm going to do after rooting it will be to disable that.

click thanks when people help you m8. I'll start yours off seeing as you've not got any ;)

And yea March is fine, just go to the towelroot website and install the APK from there, takes minutes.

Reactions: worf65

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

click thanks when people help you m8. I'll start yours off seeing as you've not got any ;)

And yea March is fine, just go to the towelroot website and install the APK from there, takes minutes.