Samsung Galaxy Light SGH-T399 Discussion and Development

Search This thread

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Need help with my Galaxy Lite.....Looking to gut out and change pretty much everything....Battery consumption and performance(watching videos primarily) are top priority....However, I know very very little about what is needed to get it done....Equipped with jus device and sd card, I would like to know easiest and safest way to change ROM n Kernel to best updated versions that may fully optimize my fone....Step by step instructions without PC.....please.....:crying:

This phone has pretty much been abandoned. No stable custom ROMs, no meaningful kernel development, nothing. Install TWRP, Xposed, and have fun with modules and tweaks, and that's about all you're going to get.

Myster X

Sep 14, 2016
What about the Tigerlilly ROM? Im not exactly lookin to trick this fone out....Jus wanna simplify it....Rooted n used jus about every ram cleaner available n nothin can slow this device down from runnin pointless apps....Even after they've been blocked....Why does it constantly overwork iteself like tha last slave to find out about freedom?....There must be an answer....All i need it for are to make calls, listen to my music n videos.....On airplane mode tha fone heats up.....On idle mode the fone freezes....Why would They release such a fone? Who authorized it? Every 2 hrs requires a reboot.....I jus need this crap to stop workin so hard fa no reason.....holla bak......

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
I'm unfamiliar with Tigerlilly.

RAM cleaners are generally best avoided. When an app is first opened it's loaded from storage into memory (RAM) for quick access. When you clear your RAM (or that specific app from RAM), it has to load all over again from storage. That takes more time, processing power, and battery. If the phone needs to free up RAM for new apps, it'll close others down all on its own.

If useless/redundant/bloat apps are running in the background, freeze them. If you're rooted you can uninstall system apps, but It's better to freeze (disable) them than uninstall them. The phone might glitch out and you can always unfreeze them. Besides, deleting system apps does not free up any usable space as the system partition is a set size and is unusable for stuff like pictures or music.

Look into Greenify. Without root access it basically works as a RAM cleaner that automatically shuts down specified apps after closing. With root access it can prevent specific apps from loading until you want them to. Of course, there's a white list that you can add apps to that you don't want removed from running in the background.

I don't have my Galaxy Light anymore. Like you, I got completely frustrated with it. 30 seconds to load the damn dialer, 2 minutes to load the wifi hotspot, etc. Unlike you (so far, anyway), I hulk-smashed the POS into oblivion after a bit too much to drink.

When I bought my Galaxy Light it was the best one I could afford at that time (having switched from Verizon and paying way too much per month). Soon after I got my hands on a Nexus 4 and used that as my primary device, but still used the Light as my "phone" and internet mule (USB tether and wifi hotspot). I liked the Light for its small size (since I carried both phones), but after time it got less and less usable. I don't know if it was because I was running too many Xposed mods, or if I simply wore it out from use/abuse.

Do a factory reset (re-root if necessary), freeze/disable bloat and redundant/useless Samsung apps, and use Greenify to keep apps you don't need constantly running out of your RAM. Also, be sure to turn off S-Voice. Double tap the home button, load S-Voice, and then go into its settings and turn it off. S-Voice lags the phone because when you hit the home button it's waiting to see if you hit it again. Turn it off, and it won't lag from waiting.

Last edited:

Myster X

Sep 14, 2016
Sounz simple enuff.....however if possible, how do i find the list of bloatware n pointless apps to remove without trippin this fone back into slave mode? N how do i gey rid of this repugnant metro pcs bootloader? .......thank you

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
I'm only familiar with the T-Mobile version, which also was stuck on 4.2.2 (I believe the MetroPCS one was updated to 4.4). Anything MetroPCS can be disabled, although if there's an account app, you'll probably want to keep that one enabled. There are ways you can replace the boot animation, but I've never done it myself, so I can't really help with that.

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
I have a strange issue since being forced back onto the Galaxy Light (my G3 got bricked). I cannot seem to write to my external SD card anymore.
Regardless of the ROM I'm on (stock, TigerLilly, LightWave, CM12) I can't write.

Actually, writing isn't a problem. Write operations, file copying, directory creation, Titanium Backup backups, all work without error. On reboot, however, nothing is there. Not even in TWRP.
Existing files/directories are there but newly added items just disappear into the ether.

I'm thinking it's hardware. Back in the day my Light had googobs of apps as I used Link2SD and a dedicated ext4 partition for linking apps.
Even that's not working now. After a few links I get I/O errors and the apps are lost.

Is this problem disk-related or something worse.
I'll dig out my older SD cards to verify but just wondering if anyone has experienced this.

Samsung Galaxy Light SGH-T399, CyanogenMod CM12 ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

H2Five_786

Aug 22, 2016
SGH-T399 Stucks on Boot Logo Need Help

When i use odin to install firmware it says

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/005> FAIL!
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Re-Partition operation failed.:(:(
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

The Main Problem is there Re-Partition operation failed

if i flash without RePartition it also goes to fail

Please Help to Solve This Problem

yungunz

Jul 20, 2018
So I installed Tigerlilly a few months ago and everything was good except that it kept saying that I was only getting 4g and not LTE. I went looking for something to help this and ended up finding a modem in one of the Tigerlilly threads. I flashed the modem and now my internet is slower than ever, to add to my problems I found out that the 4g thing was just a dpi issue on Tigerlilly. I am here writing this to see if anyone out there has a TWRP flashable updated TMobile Galaxy light t399 modem. Thanks for anyone's help out there, I know this is an old phone but for now it's all I have, appreciate it.

Top Liked Posts