[Q] Wifi not working on Hyperdrive 16.1

Search This thread

oiram14

Feb 12, 2011
Pittsburgh
Make sure you have the latest SuperSU, though. I already had HyperDrive 16.1 installed on NC5 BL, and Towelroot let me root once again. Put the "gogolies-wififix-VZW-FN2-NC2-w-modules-SS.zip" file on your SD card. Make sure you have SELinux mode set to "Permissive" with SELinux Mode Changer. Then, get SafeStrap 3.72 and the new SuperSU 2.00. Give SS the permissions in SU, open SS and reboot to flash the "gogolies-wififix-VZW-FN2-NC2-w-modules-SS.zip" file. Reboot, and you should have Wi-Fi again!

So what order did you flash everything in? Can I flash everything in 1 flash or do I need to do them separately?
Thanks

ShnikeJSB

Jun 17, 2014
Chicago
I did it in the order I said. I was on HyperDrive 16.1 with the NC5 bootloader and no wifi, and was not rooted. Thus, I installed Towelroot when it came out and used it to root. One I was rooted again, I installed SuperSU 2.00 and set it up. Then I installed SELinux Mode Changer, launched it, granted it root access through the SU popup and set it to "Permissive". Rebooted after that to be safe, then installed SafeStrap 3.72, launched it, granted root permissions, installed the Recovery, then Reboot to Recovery. When rebooted to SafeStrap, I flashed the gogolie fix file that I had already put on my external sd card. I then cleared cache and davlik and rebooted. I had wifi after that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: decaturbob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have already rooted with Towelroot, and can boot into Safestrap fine. I've tried flashing "gogolies-wififix-VZW-retail-NC5-w-modules-SS.zip" and "I545VRUFNC5_modem.zip" and "jfltevzw-NC5-modules.zip" in Safestrap, as well as "modem-only-NC5-odin.tar" in Odin. Nothing works.

there is a standalone wifi fix zip that gigilie put out, flash that "gogolies-wififix-VZW-FN2-NC2-w-modules-SS.zip" it may work better for you
    Wow. Bonehead mistake. I went from Sarge's 4.4.2 rooted rom to Hyperdrive 16.1 via safestrap and I forgot to flash the nc5 module before rebooting and now my wifi wont work and I can't reboot into safestrap.

Anyone know what I can do to recover wifi/safestrap?

did you flash su before you rebooted?

If you didn't do that you will most likely have to start the process completely over....
    Eeek. I did not. When you say start the whole process over, what are you referring to? Will I even be able to use saferoot from 4.4.2 HD16.1?

*edit: I should add - I don't have root on this ROM.

I mean if you did the upgrade..downgrade method by surge...you have to start completely over...same with whatever method you used. Best to make a checklist as you missed several key steps

sent by baja kitkat S4
    I forgot to add the SU file after flashing Echoe Rom and I had to start all over. In your case, I don't think you even have to flash SU after flashing Hyperdrive 16.1 bc SU is cooked into the Rom.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You do have to flash it with HD, it never hurts regardless. With your phone running partitions from different firmwares baked in SU won't always work

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
    Make sure you have the latest SuperSU, though. I already had HyperDrive 16.1 installed on NC5 BL, and Towelroot let me root once again. Put the "gogolies-wififix-VZW-FN2-NC2-w-modules-SS.zip" file on your SD card. Make sure you have SELinux mode set to "Permissive" with SELinux Mode Changer. Then, get SafeStrap 3.72 and the new SuperSU 2.00. Give SS the permissions in SU, open SS and reboot to flash the "gogolies-wififix-VZW-FN2-NC2-w-modules-SS.zip" file. Reboot, and you should have Wi-Fi again!