Free Task manager (WM2003SE & WM2005)

Search This thread

Rhodium500

Oct 12, 2009
Does anyone know how to run this taskmanager from command line using a mortscript. I need to autostart/stop a service and the /startsvc would work perfectly.

edit:
Code:
Run( "\My Documents\TaskMgr.exe", "/startsvc servicename" )
Works great.
Thanks for the help fred.

Last edited:

onesolo

Apr 18, 2006
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
And he didn't even mention he has a new Update on http://www.DotFred.net
I saw this on a crack site lol, it should have been here...

dotfred, I use cabviaactivesync to install all the cabs on my phone, but the new version (and I think previous had this error), gives me an error
"FdcSoft TaskMgr does not support the connected device type. Application Manager will make the application available for installation when a supported device type is connected."

I'm with a Touch Hd with WM6.5 and tried FdcSoft_TaskMgrv3.3_WM6.5.cab
Please fix this error. I install "thousands" of cabs on my phone I 99% they are installed fine via cabviaactivesync plugin in the explorer.

By the way, here's my suggestions
Is it possbile to have another set of icons/theme, as an alternative option. Cause sincerely those are a bit fat and ugly (at least for my taste)
Can you update the start menu icon to a more recent and high quality version??
I'm using HTC Sense and when I left/minimize the app or click on the left first icon (the one that indicates to place the task manager on the tray) the app simply disappears and the only way to go back to it is to click again on the icon on the start menu. It would be good if the app stays on the HTC Task Manager at least...

Last edited:

VivaErBetis

Nov 26, 2006
Madrid (Spain)
First of all I want to thank DotFred because this Task Manager is by far the best I've used in my PPC.

dotfred, I use cabviaactivesync to install all the cabs on my phone, but the new version (and I think previous had this error), gives me an error
"FdcSoft TaskMgr does not support the connected device type. Application Manager will make the application available for installation when a supported device type is connected."
That's because the cab files are made with the option "Platform Name: SSDK" instead of "Pocket PC" or "Smarthphone".

But there is a really terrible bug; the physical sofkeys are deactivated after using the Task Manager (tested with WM6.0 on an HTC TyTN). You need to soft reset to make it run again...

BTW: I don't like the new UI :(

Best regards.

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Dot Fred.

Maybe you can post the PNG files and other image files used in the 3.3 taskmanager.

I tried extracting those but could not because of Compression on the exe?
(tried ResHacker and CFF explorer)

Maybe "We the community" can help bringing design ideas.

sponge_worthy

May 11, 2007
Dot Fred,
I tried downloading both just the exe file and the cab file for the 6.5 version, but the version still says 3.1 after install. It doesn't look anything like the screen shots on your website. I was thrilled to see an update. Great work!

EDIT: Nevermind. Its working now.

Last edited:

sh.a.rk

Nov 26, 2009
Hi . Commandline function \TaskMgr.exe /startdvc PRX0 does not work. Pleas help to start/stop device shortcuts.
(WM 6.5 omnia2)

cruiserrr

Mar 5, 2008
Hi, anyway to backup notifications created with fdcsoft task manager? eg. whenwificonnected? I want to automate a few tasks when home wifi connection is available and include it in a cooked rom.

D

Deleted member 1890170

TaskManager v3.3 Exporting Registry (parts of it) as Provisioning XML possible?

Found no way "Exporting (parts of) CE Registry as Provisioning XML". Currently impossible?

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
Hi, anyway to backup notifications created with fdcsoft task manager? eg. whenwificonnected? I want to automate a few tasks when home wifi connection is available and include it in a cooked rom.

I've backed up a couple of notifications using pocket database editor. Basically, I took a clean mxip_notify.vol, put it on my sd card, then edited with Phatware's editor to include the notifications I needed. Then I put it in my kitchen, and have it over-write the stock sys .vol file. It works great, but editing the volume is a little tricky.

nosedive

3.1/3.3 crossover?

hey Fred!
thanks for your hard work on this taskmanager, it's certainly a real pearle of software :D
i'm currently using task_mgr in version 3.1, mainly because i love the menu organisation. also i get confused by the icons in 3.3 easily.. one thing that is really annoying, is what you describe as bug fix in version 3.3 - the hang caused by badly programmed apps.
i wonder if there's a possibility to have the old styled menus in version 3.3? without the thumb stuff?
thanks in advance.
nosedive

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TaskMgr v2.9(Release date 27 dec 2007)

A new version of my TaskMgr is available...:cool:

Release 2.9:

- icon to tray can be disabled
    - tab switching hardware button association can be disabled
    - register/deregister a dll
    - install provisionning xml
    - start/stop svc from command line
    - fix bug in tab switching when tab is hidden
    - added address bar in regedit
    - fixed notifications toolbar
    - fixed processes progressbar not disappearing
    - added hepas in process details
    - fixed bug in process details threads
    - added change priority of threads in process details
    - added windows messages and known named ones
    - show details from applications
    - cpu usage sorted descending by default
    - fixed bugs in regedit
    - fixed bugs in changing flags of services/devices

Release 2.8:

- version leaked, so see v2.9

Release 2.7

- fixed some minor bugs in regedit (tjlabais and StenaviN)
    - added routing table (netstat -r) on Netstats Tab (marosh)
    - added close all buttons on Applications Tab (keethar)
    - fixed close menu item from Applications context menu (keethar)
    - added Removal of SCRIPT:0x000 events on Notifications Tab (jafre)
    - added command line parameters for Notfications duplicates and SCRIPT:0x000 events removal (jafre)
    - added all existing command line parameters on the About Tab Release 2.6

- changed the regedit toolbar (added Favorites/add Favorites buttons and merged cut/copy/paste in one button menu)
    - view/edit mui reg values
    - import/export multi_sz/mui_sz as RGU (for rgu export flag should be set in regedit menu)
    - some minor bugs fixed in regedit
    - command line added to process path
    - Last active tab is reloaded at start if no parameter provided (flag should be set in options menu)

Release 2.5

- fix for problem reported by tjlabais(import of type hex(n) keys, no reg type is saved but the data are correct hopefully)

Release 2.4

- fix for problem reported by StenaviN on buzzdev(import of binary data)

- added favorites to registry editor
    In order to create a favorite, you have to select a key first and add it via the context menu.
    In order to use a favorite, you have to double click on it. If you want to delete or rename, do it via context menu of favorite.
    Release 2.3

- fix for problem reported by vint_ (import of 0xffffffff)
    - fix for keyboard alignment under WM2003SE on exit
    - Option to switch between minimize and exit buttons
    - Automatic/Manual load of devices (wm2k5 only)
    - Added Suspend and Reset PPC shortcuts

ps.: the executable available here are UPXed, if you need the unUPXed versions, just go on the following link.

For more details and history, see here:

www.dotfred.net

Cheers,

.Fred

ps.: comments are welcome! ;)