Channel Bonding not working at 2.4ghz 20/40?

Search This thread

en11gma

Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20+ / S20 Ultra
i started another thread about testing the speed connection and from some of the findings in that thread i am creating this thread as i believe we have the correct name of the problem and can now be more accurate in the continued testing.

i believe 5ghz wireless n and channel bonding work correctly as another user reported in the other thread that he could get 40/50 up/down. on his phone over wifi with a fiber optic connection of 150/75

so we are comparing 5ghz channel bonding speed with 2.4ghz channel bonding speed (both set for wireless n and 20/40) i believe

i think the 2.4ghz wireless n channel bonding is not working correctly with this phone as i see link speeds of only 72mbps

Settings>"WIFI Networks (long press your connection) Modify Network Config>Show Advanced Options (scroll down)

report your link speed and do a speed test on a known fast server (make sure the server can do your maximum speed when hard wired if possible or at least is close to your internet package speed that you pay for.

think channel bonding is not working correctly in 2.4ghz wireless n mode on this phone

oh this might not be due to "Channel Bonding" but it might be only using a "Single Antenna" instead of "MiMo"
i believe the phone has multiple antennas because when people are in 5ghz mode it will do 40/50mbps like that other user reported

so maybe there is something stopping it from using mimo when in 2.4ghz wireless n mode

Last edited:

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Has to be just your phone ROM/kernel combo. I'm on stock on a 100/30 connection on the default 2.4/5 band and it connects.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

blazerboy567

Jul 13, 2011
Dallas
Has to be just your phone ROM/kernel combo. I'm on stock on a 100/30 connection on the default 2.4/5 band and it connects.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Go to the dial pad type *#0011# hit menu soft key hit wifi and tell us your link speed also ghz connection and modulation/ channel.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium