Custom MP3 as a Voicemail Message Greeting?

Search This thread

topcat888

Nov 6, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am using a Visual Voice-mail app on my S4 but I need to send a professional pre-recorded voice mail greeting, directly to the app.

The app will 'only' either record from the built in mic or from an external earplug / mic, neither of which are any use to me.

Does anyone have any idea how I could 'send' it directly to the app, for instance is there another app out there that would emulate the internal mic, i.e. trick the phone into thinking it was recording from the mic when it was actually being fed a voice file..??

Cheers for any ideas or help.

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk
Hi Guys,

I am using a Visual Voice-mail app on my S4 but I need to send a professional pre-recorded voice mail greeting, directly to the app.

The app will 'only' either record from the built in mic or from an external earplug / mic, neither of which are any use to me.

Does anyone have any idea how I could 'send' it directly to the app, for instance is there another app out there that would emulate the internal mic, i.e. trick the phone into thinking it was recording from the mic when it was actually being fed a voice file..??

Tried this many years ago with my voice recording PIM... you'd need a male-male 3.5mm jack cable and another player. Just connect this player as external microphone, but be careful with volume to not burn the input...

topcat888

Nov 6, 2010
Tried this many years ago with my voice recording PIM... you'd need a male-male 3.5mm jack cable and another player. Just connect this player as external microphone, but be careful with volume to not burn the input...

Hi, tried that with a TRRS jack but couldn't get it to register as a mic, only as earphones..??

bluelikesapphire

Aug 5, 2018
Sounbyte

Hi Guys,

Sounbyte . com allows you to use any audio file as your voicemail greeting or play to other phones