Headphones: Wired, Wi-fi or Bluethooth?

Search This thread

treetopsranch

Jul 19, 2014
Looking for one of the above for use when wife is watching TV and I am using my note 12.2 to watch instructional videos. Mostly voice dialogs but some music in background.

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
I think it's mostly up to you what you prefer...

Do you want it to be as simple as plug wired headphones in?
Do you want to charge your BT headphones when battery dies?
Do you use any case on your tablet that blocks the headphone jack for wired ones?
What prize you are looking them for?
What kind of headphones you want, in-ear or normal?
What quality you want headphones to be?
If you are using them while laying on couch, why need of wireless headphones - but do you want that plug sticking out from side of your tablet (if holding tablet at hand) and cables laying on you?

So I'd say it depends where and how you use them, how often and what you like most

I got Sennheiser HD 598 headphones and I think they're great. Just can't use them for listening music while laying bed, since if I rest my head, headphones will fall off.

Last edited:

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Second Spere's comments. Not giving any specific requirements leaves things wide open.

My son took over my Bose QC2's so I'm looking for another set of headphones. Right now what's on my radar is the Audio Technica ATH-M50X. They seem to be well regarded and not too pricey.

treetopsranch

Jul 19, 2014
Normal plug in types would be acceptable. Over ear preferred to block out unwanted noises. Price: Less then $100. I have a Optimus plug in earphones for my laptop that work on the laptop that cost me $20 new but I am unable to get them to work with this note pro. It has two plugs one for video and one for mike.

Attachments

• Headphones.jpg
    Headphones.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
I'm using these: http://eu.akg.com/akg-product-detail_eu/k323xs-a-black.html

They're in-ear, but they're so tiny and light they are the only in-ear headphones which don't give me migraines. As for noise cancelling, they managed to block out the 13 police cars that passed by with all signals on without issue. I use them on the train during the rush hours to watch films, I always end upmissing the announcements xD

treetopsranch

Jul 19, 2014
Shadow Lee...those look really nice. Their website doesn't have any prices but has a link to dealers. What did you pay?

For a stop-gap measure I have located a really cheaply made set of headphones from one of my really old (40 years old) transistor small pocket radios. They work but no noise cancellation.

How about the capability of blocking loud human conversations?

Trust me, lots of people on a train during rush hour are loud. ;) It can't filter it out completely (Only over-the-ear soundbarriers can do that), but with audio sufficiently high they're almost unnoticeable. As I said, I end up missing the PA announcements meant to go over the ambient noise. :p

guitarec

Nov 30, 2011
I own a set of Plantronics Backbeat Go (OG) Bluetooth ear buds and have been very pleased with them. Great for bike rides, outdoor chores or activities, or indoor use. Sound isolation is pretty good.

Just my $0.02,

Eric "GuitarEC"

*Omnipresent*

Apr 23, 2008
Beyond human comprehension
One would hope that having a women demo the product, would mean that the smaller sleeves would be more accommodating to small ear canals. They sell a cable/leash that would help keep you from possibly losing them accidentally. Unfortunately, they are not cheap and do not come included with the dash. I guess that's part of the figurative and literal price we pay for being early adopters of high tech:p

Last edited:
Here's what I did with my Shure ear buds, got some radienz diy ear plug kits off Amazon
https://instagram.com/p/037ktqpWp8/

They are amazing, I can be running on the treadmill in a noisy gym and not much gets in and so you use less volume

Whoa, haven't seen those buggers in a long time..

Those are the exact same things I got from the otolaryngologist at the hospital to avoid getting water in my ears for almost a decade. I had tympanostomy tubes from age 2 till 11. :eek::eek::eek::eek: God I hated those things... :eek:

Apr 2, 2015
Whoa, haven't seen those buggers in a long time..

Those are the exact same things I got from the otolaryngologist at the hospital to avoid getting water in my ears for almost a decade. I had tympanostomy tubes from age 2 till 11. :eek::eek::eek::eek: God I hated those things... :eek:
Ya I had tubes a bunch when I was little, these are comfy though and serve to isolate you from noise very well and only hear music. Noise cancelation makes my ears hurt and does weird things to me. All the ultra high end ear buds require custom molds for good reason.

Hi Y'all.

At the moment I'm using B&O H8.
Extremely satisfied with wearing comfort, sound quality and control interface.
They're an on-ear model and as such noise cancellation is so-so.
At your intended use they'd do nicely but maybe you prefer in-ear.
Personally I can't stand having anything in my ear canal. But that's just me.
Regards
ELO

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium HD app

Ryo Misaki

Dec 5, 2011
Wichita Falls, Texas
blog.deslink.com
I currently use Sol Tracks.
They were just under $100, and are some of the best midrange headphones I've ever had.

They are on ear, but work almost as good as over ear ones. Great sound quality and nice bass.
And the on cord volume control/microphone also makes it great for VoIP or phone use!

Illusive Man

Oct 14, 2010
Champaign
Another vote for the Plantronics Back Beat Go. I have a pair and love them. I don't care for the wire running to my tablet or phone. These are comfortable, sound good, and won't break the bank.