[ ROM ] Stock Rooted FC06 System [ ICS / OS 4.0.3 ]

Search This thread

RubenRybnik

Jan 6, 2012
Cary, NC
This is working great for me, extensivley tested out Phone, MMS, Txt, VVM, GPS and everything is working great.

The only thing I notice is:

1.) Volume seems low on ICS ... Anyone else notice this or could it be the phone... I applied beats audio and didn't notice any increased volume, not that I was expecting too, just thought I'd try it. Are there any hacks out there to increase volume on our phones running ICS?

2.) Using Go Launcher, seems laggier than GB builds. Anyone else using Go Launcher and noticing this? I actually wouldn't mind ditching GoLauncher, but I love having folders in the app drawer, pretty much the only reason I use it, is there a lower power hungry solution to get folders in the app drawer? Or are folders only supported on home screens?

Other than that, seems like a great build. Can't wait for a Dev to pick up this for a stable ICS build that has some speed, battery tweaks built in..... Gonna use this as my daily for a couple days( well until FC07 comes out, lol ) and see how it works.

EDIT:

1.) Haven't tried Bluetooth out yet, hopefully I'll have a chance tonight / tomorrow ( Truck stereo and headset )
2.) Anyone try on LCD Density Modder with this yet? If so, what DPI values have you used? I'd like to go to 160, 180 worked will on GB, 160 gave me status bar issues. I've tried 180 in "Temp" mode however on reboot the screen flickered and the phone was unusable, so I'm holding off from some others to comment before I commit to the "System DPI" apply.

Edit 2:

1.) Just had the issue with the GPS going on when I enter maps( Or foursquare ) and it wont shut off, even when I shut off GPS in the notification setting toggles. Was / Is there a fix for this yet?

2.) Anyone else noticing that scrolling in Google Chrome stutters the screen? Is this due to hardware accelaration issues? What is that menu option for developers that "Force GPU Acceleration"? Would that speed up apps overall?

Last edited:

cvnntg

Oct 7, 2011
Washington D.C.
Calk, thanks for all your hard work!

Just two things:

Is anyone having trouble with the Market? I can't install apps via a computer browser because it says my device is incompatible with all the apps (see picture). I can install some apps from the market on the phone, but there are apps I can't seem to install. For example, Paladog. It won't even show up under the search on my Market.

2zyygoz.png

I also can't seem to get a GPS lock. Any help with that would be much appreciated.

Thanks, all!

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Mobile Odin and I are on a first name basis and getting along quite well! I think it will be a long term relationship!

Its funny, I bought Mobile Odin before it worked on this phone but I still haven't used it because Odin on my laptop has saved me countless times during testing. I am trying to break free and start using the app. Maybe now is a good time to do that

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Alex1x

Apr 14, 2011
California
Updating to ICS first time.
Question: I flash this, FC05 modem, Flash CWM Rogue FC06 all in same flash session and I'm done?

droidiac13

Jul 19, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Its funny, I bought Mobile Odin before it worked on this phone but I still haven't used it because Odin on my laptop has saved me countless times during testing. I am trying to break free and start using the app. Maybe now is a good time to do that

I really like it. I don't use it for ROM's so much as I do to install a new modem or kernel. It seems to make it so much simpler to me.

jamice4u

I believe we are almost there.

The only two things I see wrong with this Rom is the gps notification does not disappear when you are not using the gps this can be fix with fastfix and the media scanning which prevents the camera from working. This problem goes away eventually somehow but it takes time. After you flash the Rom and when the sd card finishes scanning you cannot use your camera right away. I had to open a third party camera app and restart my phone 3 to 5 before it would work.

Now my rom is working with no problems, but for the average user (such as a housewife) who does not go on xda to get solutions for their phone these issues must me address and fixed.

I believe this Rom is rock solid and I am happy to have it on my phone. I want to thank all the developers to put their heart and soul into this Rom.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I really like it. I don't use it for ROM's so much as I do to install a new modem or kernel. It seems to make it so much simpler to me.
I just used mobile odin to install the Recovery 5.0.0.28 for FC06 and it worked great for me now I have system recovery.

On a separate note I hope they start developing roms and kernels for FC06 this build is solid and should be around awhile.

alexlarson011

Jun 30, 2011
Minneapolis
Calk, thanks for all your hard work!

Just two things:

Is anyone having trouble with the Market? I can't install apps via a computer browser because it says my device is incompatible with all the apps (see picture). I can install some apps from the market on the phone, but there are apps I can't seem to install. For example, Paladog. It won't even show up under the search on my Market.

2zyygoz.png

I also can't seem to get a GPS lock. Any help with that would be much appreciated.

Thanks, all!

Are you using the LCD density hack? I had this problem when I was on anything but standard 240.

Reignzone

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
Has anyone come across a post of the STOCK pulled kernel for FC06?

Maybe I've missed it on here if it has been, but I would really appreciate it if someone could perhaps point me in the right direction.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

btaylor545

Jul 8, 2010
Detroit
I ran Fasterfix and after restarting the phone a couple times and a couple of gps locks the gps glitch is gone for me

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
I hope the day comes where we get close to the battery life on 3g/4g that we do on wifi. I downloaded new AOKP and Darchstar CM9 and still sitting here with plenty of battery

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331239048068.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331239048068.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 191
  • uploadfromtaptalk1331239060879.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331239060879.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 185

Top Liked Posts