Kraken Note 3 case

Search This thread

Ocrs55

Jan 23, 2014
Sarsfield
Screenshot_2013-10-11-10-18-57.png

For anyone researching this case before buying, I thought I'd post my experience. I'll try to list the aspects of the case as I experienced them with the "unboxing" as it were.

First off, ecstatic that I finally would have some decent protection for my phone. I put on a screen protector and cheap case while waiting for the Kraken to become available. Nothing of huge interest opening the package or taking the case apart (I'd watched a lot of S4 Kraken videos).

20140122_144144.jpg

The inner silicone Perseus case is REALLY flimsy. It took me a long time to get the front over the silicone without wrinkling it, it took me several tries. After that, the Perseus and front easily snap together with the back.

I had to take off the kickstand to get the case to lay flat. With the stand off, the rubber corners make contact with the desk and I don't have to worry about scratching surfaces.

With the phone screen turned off you can see what looks like oil or something between the protector and the phone but it seems to be lessening over the past 24hrs and this oil look isn't visible when the screen in on. There is increased Spen friction from the protector. I don't know if I'm just getting used to it, but it seems to be getting smoother. I've found the protector to be a lint magnet as well as smudges/fingerprints.

All sensors,microphones and speaker works fine. The speaker even seems louder now.

The headphone and charger flaps close firmly but not the Spen one.

The Spen is a pain to get out but I guess I'll get used to it.

There doesn't seem to be any glare from the flash when taking pics.

The power and volume buttons seem to work better with this case than on the cheap slim case I had on previously.

I find the case big: 3 5/8" x 6 3/8" x 5/8" not including the protruding corners ( 3 3/4" x 6 1/2" x 3/4" with corners)

Overall, I think this is a solid case with good protection but time will tell (I work in construction)

Last edited:

Ocrs55

Jan 23, 2014
Sarsfield
I forgot to mention a couple of things. There is rubber on the sides of the case where you grip it. This is also where the belt clip connects
The clip seems to grab well enough. I tugged at it in different directions and it held. The ratcheting tension seems weak though. I can see it wearing out fast. As far as how the phone looks on the belt, I think it looks kinda goofy but maybe I just have to get used to it.

Also, I got the tripod connector for the case. I don't know if Trident has different size connectors to match diferent phones but the one I have isn't long enough to clear the side of the phone. I'll have to try to modify the shoe on my tripod to get it to work.

Ocrs55

Jan 23, 2014
Sarsfield
Until I have a chance to upload pics, search for

Tridentcase dot com, and go to Note 3. All the specs and different pics are there.

JawjaBill

Aug 15, 2010
Atlanta
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I have released the Kraken on a couple previous phones and I have always ripped the built in screen protector out and deposited it in the trash. I was able to install a tempered glass protector with the Kraken on my S3.

Ocrs55

Jan 23, 2014
Sarsfield
How well do the different mounts attach to the case i.e.. I have been looking for a way to put my note on my motorcycle handle bars. Would you trust it?

I can't speak for the bar mount, I never held it in my hand. But I can say that the tripod mount only actually clips into the case on one end of the mount. There is a lot of resistance when clipping it in and taking it off. I think initially you should be good but I would wonder after all the vibration it would take, would the clips start to loosen up? Trident does make a bar mount, but if it was me given the cost of the phone, I'd have another exoskeleton replacement when you start to see it loosen up. I think the trident mount has rubber inside of the area going around the bars so it should diminish the vibration.

Trident mount page
http://www.tridentcase.com/shop-pro...kraken-ams-bike-or-rail-mount-attachment.aspx

Last edited:

Jfree3000

Jul 20, 2010
Metro Atlanta
Had the kraken for my old gs3 and I don't like the corners on this version. It's a tank though.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

thainess

Jul 27, 2008
Just bought this case. So far so good.

I only have to complaints about this case

The power button is very hard to push down and use. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also the screen protector it comes with has the "bubble" effect I'm thinking about just taking it off. I already have a screen protector on there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts