[Help] Stupid Question Thread, GNote Edition

Search This thread

Bubba

Dec 31, 2011
Hell ( I've taken over. Come on down.)
Since you state you are an ultra noob, the best thing you can do right now is to edgumacate yourself. The best way to do that, is to go here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28040353

Do some reading so you have an idea in your head what you are doing.

Read about rooting and flashing.

Once you look it over and familiarize yourself with the process .. Come back with any questions. At this point do you even know if you are rooted ... And what that means?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

LittleRedDot

Jan 5, 2012
I have a question...The past couple of days, whenever I close an app or hang up from a phone call a media player called music Box opens on its own and starts playing music. I never installed this app and it's not in my app drawer, nor is it in my app list so I can't delete it. Even if my phone is on silent it starts up and blares the most god awful music.

Has anyone heard of this app? Did it install with the acid audio script I installed? Why does it open on it's own and how do I get rid of it?

Bubba

Dec 31, 2011
Hell ( I've taken over. Come on down.)
There is a couple of apps listed in the playstore when you search music box. Try going there and see if it shows one of them installed on your phone. Then you could delete it. Also try to find it in the manage apps area. Might be listed starting with "mp3".

Reactions: Froid

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
You can also try air push detector from the market. It might be associated with a recently installed app. If it finds an app with push notifications, just remove it. Good luck. :)

Reactions: Bubba

Perdomo82

Oct 20, 2012
My stupid question: I'm running the cm 10 nightly mod. Everything was working fine and what not, but till recently, I try to open my Superuser and it always tells me, "Unfortunately, Superuser has stopped." Not sure if my stupidass did something stupid, but does anyone mind helping me out with my stupid problem?
Please and thank you in advance.

LittleRedDot

Jan 5, 2012
Okbi tried add on protractor and AirPush Detector, nadda. I have no idea have to stop this app from opening, furthermore I have to long press the back button to kill the app.

Any further help would be appreciated!

rasroygbiv

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
fromnerdstonoobs.com
My stupid question: I'm running the cm 10 nightly mod. Everything was working fine and what not, but till recently, I try to open my Superuser and it always tells me, "Unfortunately, Superuser has stopped." Not sure if my stupidass did something stupid, but does anyone mind helping me out with my stupid problem?
Please and thank you in advance.

Try updating superuser. That should fix you right up

Powered by Gubment Cheeze

jawman27

Jan 14, 2012
Am I missing anything?

I plan to help my friend root his AT&T Note soon. I've been rooting my Fascinate for quite a while now, but that thing is a tank, almost completely unbrickable. I've been doing a lot of reading (a big thanks to gregsarg and his super everything thread), and I'd just like to get some confirmation from experienced users that I'm not missing anything crucial.

Here's my plan:

Put Liquid Smooth JB ROM on SD card

Install correct Samsung drivers on laptop
Get Odin3 v1.85
Enter Download Mode (by powering down, holding Power+Volume Down until I see some sort of prompt, tap Volume Up)
Install TWRP 2.3 via Odin (PDA field only. I presume I'm going to leave 'Auto Reboot' unchecked, as I always have for the Fassy)
Boot into my new recovery (by holding Power+Volume Up+Volume Down until I feel a vibration, then releasing Power, still holding the other two)
Make a nandroid
Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik
Install Liquid Smooth zip from SD

It will be my friend's first rooting experience, so I plan to just let him stay on the stock kernel for now.

Any and all feedback at all is appreciated. Feel free to send me back to the reading boards if I've made some glaring error. Thanks.

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
it depends if you are seeing them drunk, or sober...

Sober....LOL

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

I plan to help my friend root his AT&T Note soon. I've been rooting my Fascinate for quite a while now, but that thing is a tank, almost completely unbrickable. I've been doing a lot of reading (a big thanks to gregsarg and his super everything thread), and I'd just like to get some confirmation from experienced users that I'm not missing anything crucial.

Here's my plan:

Put Liquid Smooth JB ROM on SD card

Install correct Samsung drivers on laptop
Get Odin3 v1.85
Enter Download Mode (by powering down, holding Power+Volume Down until I see some sort of prompt, tap Volume Up)
Install TWRP 2.3 via Odin (PDA field only. I presume I'm going to leave 'Auto Reboot' unchecked, as I always have for the Fassy)
Boot into my new recovery (by holding Power+Volume Up+Volume Down until I feel a vibration, then releasing Power, still holding the other two)
Make a nandroid
Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik
Install Liquid Smooth zip from SD

It will be my friend's first rooting experience, so I plan to just let him stay on the stock kernel for now.

Any and all feedback at all is appreciated. Feel free to send me back to the reading boards if I've made some glaring error. Thanks.

Allow the auto reboot function to remain enabled in Odin after you push the recovery image (or any other image) via Odin to the device.
The reboot step contains a critical write function that is needed to complete the flash.

This of course requires you to begin the Odin process again for every new item you wish to flash, but ensures a margin of safety when pushing files.

Also, never attempt to push multiple files back to back via Odin by killing the reboot option. This " WILL" jam up the device, and soft brick you...g

Reactions: jawman27

xaragen

Jun 11, 2012
Is there anyone rocking AOCP 4.1/4.2
I am having some problems with it. Now before you guys jump to the guns and say flash a different one. AOCP is one of the best roms out there. I have tried almost all major roms out there but AOCP stands out.

I was running AOCP 3.1 and then they released 4 then 4.1 and 4.2 but after trying those one out. I had this frequent problem of loosing my phone audio. I know, I know the issue is documented but it was not so frequent before but now its like I have to re-flash almost everyday on all versions of AOCP.

So my question is that Am I the only ONE having this issue?:confused:

BTW great job AOCP.:good:

LittleRedDot

Jan 5, 2012
Ok I got a new problem.... Every time I open my messaging app it fc's. So I wipe dalvic and cache and fix permissions and that fixes the issue for a day or so, but then it comes back. Plus the keyboard whilst messaging only is sluggish at times, and some of my messages aren't going through. I called att and there's no network issues, and I'm sending these messages over strong 4G signals. So I have some strange magics going on with my stock messaging app.

I'm running slimbean 2.6 and haven't had any issues for months. Any ideas folks?

rquiett

Jan 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
Ok I got a new problem.... Every time I open my messaging app it fc's. So I wipe dalvic and cache and fix permissions and that fixes the issue for a day or so, but then it comes back. Plus the keyboard whilst messaging only is sluggish at times, and some of my messages aren't going through. I called att and there's no network issues, and I'm sending these messages over strong 4G signals. So I have some strange magics going on with my stock messaging app.

I'm running slimbean 2.6 and haven't had any issues for months. Any ideas folks?

Any new apps recently? Sounds like something is messing with it

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Is there anyone rocking AOCP 4.1/4.2
I am having some problems with it. Now before you guys jump to the guns and say flash a different one. AOCP is one of the best roms out there. I have tried almost all major roms out there but AOCP stands out.

I was running AOCP 3.1 and then they released 4 then 4.1 and 4.2 but after trying those one out. I had this frequent problem of loosing my phone audio. I know, I know the issue is documented but it was not so frequent before but now its like I have to re-flash almost everyday on all versions of AOCP.

So my question is that Am I the only ONE having this issue?:confused:

BTW great job AOCP.:good:

They have a newer version out 4.4 if you go to their twitter. Maybe that will help.

Reactions: Froid and Bubba

Beardedface

Nov 3, 2012
I am running the black star ix rom and I noticed that I can overclock my gpu, is this a good idea? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Trevino07

Mar 18, 2011
St. Louis
I am running the black star ix rom and I noticed that I can overclock my gpu, is this a good idea? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Oc won't hurt if u don't go overboard!! Gotta test It out see what freq most stable for you, because if u go to high random reboots and freezes will come knockin on the door.And remember all phones are different what mine runs yours may or may not like!!!! :D
Hope this helps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First: Google is your best friend. Please use Google first. This thread is being created for new and old users alike. It's only purpose is a safe place to ask those questions you feel may be too stupid to ask anywhere else.

Second: No question is too stupid. Any question asked here shall be deemed a good question because you were smart enough to ask it.

Third: This is not an original idea. All thanks and credit goes to lumin30 for coming up with this idea. http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1494423 and to ShadyAce80 who brought the idea here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1849043

Fourth: I am not claiming to be able to answer any questions.. Might even ask some .. Just wanted to have a place for those Note
    questions that users might have.

**This Community has a Super thread which could provide answers to a lot of your questions, the Super thread is open to everyone as a resource page:

[Road & Ref Map]: Galaxy Note Super Everything Thread (I717)

So here we go...open for business. Lets try and be helpful. Any flaming will be reported. All of XDA rules still apply. Flaming and the belittling of other users will not be tolerated and dealt with by the moderation team.

Ask away .. answer if you can .. above all .. have fun and play nice.
    ;)
    never do anything to your phone when you are drunk..
    And if your friend is not much into modding the phone himself ... I'd suggest an ics ROM .. As we all know they are just more stable right now. You might find yourself being his personal tech support.

Since you state you are an ultra noob, the best thing you can do right now is to edgumacate yourself. The best way to do that, is to go here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28040353

Do some reading so you have an idea in your head what you are doing.

Read about rooting and flashing.

Once you look it over and familiarize yourself with the process .. Come back with any questions. At this point do you even know if you are rooted ... And what that means?

A few apps will pull the background image from the framework-res.apk in the drawable-nodpi folder(settings, tibu, etc.). Contacts background is pulled from its own nodpi folder. Touchwiz is a different animal, but similar in how it pulls the bg image. You'll find that most apps have their own bg image. And please....correct me if I'm wrong as well. :)